I’m in my Tesla lolYou in a rental? Did you get anything fun? I was in this caddy suv that made me feel like Buddy Garrity from Friday Night Lights
I’m in my Tesla lolYou in a rental? Did you get anything fun? I was in this caddy suv that made me feel like Buddy Garrity from Friday Night Lights
i would have had non of these problems with the aluminum roof.Honestly, I feel a lot better about my aluminum roof choice after reading this. Glad they took care of you! It was list of issues
That is what a cantrail is; "a structural component, traditionally a timber or now a metal beam, that runs along the upper edge of a vehicle's body above the windows, supporting the roof."For those still with us, the car is being sent back now. Total time out of service is about 23 days. They replaced the roof glass (due to tech damage), roof bow (due to tech damage), rear parcel shelf, rear trim piece (due to me damage lol). Apparently they also replaced the rear glass (damaged I guess but i didnt notice), rear 3rd brake light (tech damage) and roof "cant rail" which i think is the trim rail over the flass roof edges. So basically the top 12" of the car. Manager said its now as good or better than factory, he's been a straight shooter so I'm inclined to believe it.
Only thing is the volume knob did get replaced. The wheel is still off-centered, but they said they are having parts issues with those and they are all defective or damaged or somewhat misaligned and this is the best they could get out of the pile they had. I will have to accept that. Maybe down the road I will just order one and replace it again myself.
note to self: aluminum roof saves a LOT of hassle!
Is that in the manualThat is what a cantrail is; "a structural component, traditionally a timber or now a metal beam, that runs along the upper edge of a vehicle's body above the windows, supporting the roof."
Originally for railway carriages, hence the name.![]()
no, that one's in my head (and google, if you must)Is that in the manual
I think most owners are very happy with mobile service including myself. You case was an exception and a very bad one at that but I would not generalize to mobile service in other areas. Most areas mobile service it excellent.tl;dr- if you're going to buy one, mobile service is not great. If you live more than 100 miles from a service center, have a backup car and try to get major work done there. Lucid pays attention to the loudest yelling, for now, and a lot of their service processes are poor. The cars are unmatched for their price. The people in Lucid are great and care, but they work within a fractured and inconsistent framework.
Thats why I added the part about major issues. For the window trim and dash, it was fine. But they also told them to try and replace the roof bow in the garage, which resulted in a damaged roof bow, a broken glass roof, and a 3 week ordeal. I'd like to think Lucid wouldn't try that again. Even their tech said they'd never done it before.I think most owners are very happy with mobile service including myself. You case was an exception and a very bad one at that but I would not generalize to mobile service in other areas. Most areas mobile service it excellent.
I suspect that was a mistake. In the past, mobile has never done that. Your experience isn’t, in my experience, representative of mobile service in general.Thats why I added the part about major issues. For the window trim and dash, it was fine. But they also told them to try and replace the roof bow in the garage, which resulted in a damaged roof bow, a broken glass roof, and a 3 week ordeal. I'd like to think Lucid wouldn't try that again. Even their tech said they'd never done it before.
Must have been built on a FridayYou have just had a really crappy experience
Well, I really wish I would have had access to an "@margie"-type person when I was having repeated ZERO responses to problems I was having last year. I gave up, wrote some big checks after being ignored despite numerous calls to the sympathetic ears on the Customer Service phone line. They were always understanding, kind, and promised (repeatedly) to escalate to some sort of "management". I never heard a word. Perhaps if I was a Gravity owner instead of a lowly Air GT, I may have received a response. They are all well documented on my profile with Lucid, but nobody cared, so I cancelled my Gravity test-drive, and went on my way with my GT.Thank you, @hmp10. I think this is an area where we can do better. Your insights and feedback are always appreciated. Please keep sharing.
I just have an Air Touring. I have found Lucid to be responsive and professional, but unable to fix the car.Well, I really wish I would have had access to an "@margie"-type person when I was having repeated ZERO responses to problems I was having last year. I gave up, wrote some big checks after being ignored despite numerous calls to the sympathetic ears on the Customer Service phone line. They were always understanding, kind, and promised (repeatedly) to escalate to some sort of "management". I never heard a word. Perhaps if I was a Gravity owner instead of a lowly Air GT, I may have received a response. They are all well documented on my profile with Lucid, but nobody cared, so I cancelled my Gravity test-drive, and went on my way with my GT.
Just had a fun call that changed my opinion a little bit more in line with yours i guess.That's interesting Sock... Mine was fixable, repaired, Lucid's fault, not mine. Warranty denied, no explanation. Service people were stellar, but unable to make any decisions. Customer Service people were responsive, restricted from making a judgement themselves, which is understandable, but the "higher-ups" never responded. So I kept my Mercedes SUV, canceled Gravity. Mercedes responds (instantly) when there was the rare issue, Lucid does not. I don't have the energy for another round of this.