Issues With New Car

Push down hard on the hood above the L and the D. It should latch. The issue is it needs its latches replaced, most likely. It's a known issue; unfortunate it happened to you on a loaner.

Anyway, if you get it to latch, it should drive fine.
It’s latched tight.

I was taking my kid to dinner when it happened, I left it out by the restaurant. I did call Lucid Customer Service, they wanted me to call and wait for a tow truck. I declined. It’s parked out in a suburb by a Mexican restaurant.
 
Well, they are towing their loaner car back to Utah. They made me a reservation for an Enterprise rental car, but when i called to check on the car, it turns out they made a reservation at an Enterprise location that is closed for the weekend.

Maybe this car ran over a witch or something and got cursed?
 
Well, they are towing their loaner car back to Utah. They made me a reservation for an Enterprise rental car, but when i called to check on the car, it turns out they made a reservation at an Enterprise location that is closed for the weekend.

Maybe this car ran over a witch or something and got cursed?
Your set of experiences is... unique, lol.

The frunk latch thing was clearly an accident; it is a known issue that can occur, and I can pretty much guarantee it was just the luck of the draw. They didn't knowingly hand you a loaner with a known issue.

The rental thing is dumb, lol.
 
Your set of experiences is... unique, lol.

The frunk latch thing was clearly an accident; it is a known issue that can occur, and I can pretty much guarantee it was just the luck of the draw. They didn't knowingly hand you a loaner with a known issue.

The rental thing is dumb, lol.
Oh for sure. It literally could not be planned to be this crazy!
 
Is it being shipped through RunBuggy? When mine was being picked up for a frunk issue within a week of buying the car, RunBuggy was my company. I had so much trouble getting them to follow through. I basically called and became friends with the lady in their (RunBuggy) support and that’s who was able to make it all work.
 
Is it being shipped through RunBuggy? When mine was being picked up for a frunk issue within a week of buying the car, RunBuggy was my company. I had so much trouble getting them to follow through. I basically called and became friends with the lady in their (RunBuggy) support and that’s who was able to make it all work.
Idk I emailed service again and it disappeared a few hours later.

The carrier that picked my car up was called DC and they were great. They did tell me that Lucid is now shipping cars on open air trailers instead of closed unless requested by Lucid.
 
Updated today, it seems their mobile tech cracked my glass roof and glued the bow over it. The service dept discovered that when they removed the bow. Mobile also scratched the rear windshield and damaged some chrome (I didnt see it but they did). 🤷

They are going to make it right and I respect their honesty.
 
Updated today, it seems their mobile tech cracked my glass roof and glued the bow over it. The service dept discovered that when they removed the bow. Mobile also scratched the rear windshield and damaged some chrome (I didnt see it but they did).

They are going to make it right and I respect their honesty.
That sounds like a mobile tech is about to get a severe talking to. Definitely not par for the course.
 
That sounds like a mobile tech is about to get a severe talking to. Definitely not par for the course.
All I know is my brand new car I’ve had 6 weeks has basically been wrecked by their incompetence. Now I have a car with a replaced roof, replaced rear glass, that’s a lot of repairs and I’m not happy about it. All because their service is terrible.

I don’t even have a loaner cuz their loaner broke down and it’s the only one they had, so I’m driving and paying for my old Tesla. I don’t want their rental it’s a hassle anyways.

Pretty pathetic, Lucid.

What you think? Try to lemon it?
 
All I know is my brand new car I’ve had 6 weeks has basically been wrecked by their incompetence. Now I have a car with a replaced roof, replaced rear glass, that’s a lot of repairs and I’m not happy about it. All because their service is terrible.

I don’t even have a loaner cuz their loaner broke down and it’s the only one they had, so I’m driving and paying for my old Tesla. I don’t want their rental it’s a hassle anyways.

Pretty pathetic, Lucid.

What you think? Try to lemon it?
If they’re fixing it, I see no reason to lemon it. Accidents and mistakes happen. What matters is how they handle them.

Always your choice, of course.
 
All I know is my brand new car I’ve had 6 weeks has basically been wrecked by their incompetence. Now I have a car with a replaced roof, replaced rear glass, that’s a lot of repairs and I’m not happy about it. All because their service is terrible.

I don’t even have a loaner cuz their loaner broke down and it’s the only one they had, so I’m driving and paying for my old Tesla. I don’t want their rental it’s a hassle anyways.

Pretty pathetic, Lucid.

What you think? Try to lemon it?
What do I think? I think you need to stop going nuts every time something happens with your car. Obviously you have some legit issues over the condition of your car and the way repairs have been handled. The first question is: do you like this car? If the answer is yes, then the next step is to get it repaired to your satisfaction. They have failed at this at least once that I am aware of (honestly I stopped reading your posts for a while). If you want to keep the car, then you need to get full assurance from Lucid that they will take care of the issues you have. If you don't think Lucid can fix the car to your satisfaction, then you need to move on. Continually ranting about this stuff isn't healthy for you.
 
What do I think? I think you need to stop going nuts every time something happens with your car. Obviously you have some legit issues over the condition of your car and the way repairs have been handled. The first question is: do you like this car? If the answer is yes, then the next step is to get it repaired to your satisfaction. They have failed at this at least once that I am aware of (honestly I stopped reading your posts for a while). If you want to keep the car, then you need to get full assurance from Lucid that they will take care of the issues you have. If you don't think Lucid can fix the car to your satisfaction, then you need to move on. Continually ranting about this stuff isn't healthy for you.
You understand what happened last week right? Mobile service came out and broke the glass roof of my car? They also have to replace the rear windshield too now due to mobile service using pry bars to remove the roof bow.

Nobody is forcing you to read this thread. Continual reading is my thread apparently isn’t healthy for you.
 
You understand what happened last week right? Mobile service came out and broke the glass roof of my car? They also have to replace the rear windshield too now due to mobile service using pry bars to remove the roof bow.

Nobody is forcing you to read this thread. Continual reading is my thread apparently isn’t healthy for you.
Why are you being so defensive? I thought I was giving you some honest advice. Your car buying experience has been poor. The car can be great, but yours hasn't lived up to its potential. You need to decide whether you are okay with trying to get it fixed to your satisfaction. If not, it is time to sell. If so, then you're going to need more time and (emotional) energy to get it right. That's how I see your position. Didn't you just ask what people think?
 
What do I think? I think you need to stop going nuts every time something happens with your car. Obviously you have some legit issues over the condition of your car and the way repairs have been handled. The first question is: do you like this car? If the answer is yes, then the next step is to get it repaired to your satisfaction. They have failed at this at least once that I am aware of (honestly I stopped reading your posts for a while). If you want to keep the car, then you need to get full assurance from Lucid that they will take care of the issues you have. If you don't think Lucid can fix the car to your satisfaction, then you need to move on. Continually ranting about this stuff isn't healthy for you.
I would rant if service broke my 100k car….perfectly legit
 
Minor update of a few things I've learned recently from service/roadside over the last week:

1. Lucid no longer uses enclosed trailers for roadside or transport, its open trailers unless requested specficially. This is a recent change per Lucid Roadside Assistance. Lucid Roadside Assistance is a 3rd party truck dispatcher, but very good and fast.

2. Lucid is having part supplier issues. Those chipped/peeling HVAC controlls are a known issue, and 2 of the 3 my service advisor pulled from inventory had clearly visible flaws , scratches, etc. No bueno but they are aware of it and inspecting them before install.

3. The roof bows have shitty factory paint becuase they are painted separely and applied later. My factory one had fingerprints in it, the one on my loaner was just poor paint quality, and we've seen some on here with body filler in them. My understanding is that they are having them repainted as necesseary if they see any flaws. Also, the tollerance for the bow to glass is approximately 1/32" of an inch. If yours is more than that, let them know. They installation of the bow uses weights to pressdown while the adhesive bonds, forming a seal around the edges of the bow. Its pretty slick but a somwhate precise process.
 
Is it being shipped through RunBuggy? When mine was being picked up for a frunk issue within a week of buying the car, RunBuggy was my company. I had so much trouble getting them to follow through. I basically called and became friends with the lady in their (RunBuggy) support and that’s who was able to make it all work.
FWIW RunBuggy is just a middleman who finds an actual transporter on behalf of Lucid.

Also FWIW- when mine was transported for service at the end of October, I did get an enclosed trailer to and from the SC without asking for it. Not sure if Lucid was just being nice since I didn’t need them to pay for a rental.
 
FWIW RunBuggy is just a middleman who finds an actual transporter on behalf of Lucid.

Also FWIW- when mine was transported for service at the end of October, I did get an enclosed trailer to and from the SC without asking for it. Not sure if Lucid was just being nice since I didn’t need them to pay for a rental.
Mine was picked up first part of November, dispatch was out of Chicago area, they sent DC Transport with a badass car hauler on it. Looked like he was also hauling a classic and another new car.
 
Plot twist: roof sent to service was defective and doesn’t cover the gap. They have to order another one. Gonna be next month.
 
You in a rental? Did you get anything fun? I was in this caddy suv that made me feel like Buddy Garrity from Friday Night Lights
 
Back
Top