Is Lucid Playing Games with me?

tmilone103

Verified Owner
3 Weeks ago I get an email and phone call that my car has entered production and I was given a VIN number:

50EA1GBA5PA005453

Today I get an email and phone call telling me my car has entered production and I was given a different VIN number:

50EA1GBA9NA003900

To me it seams like they are now trying to pawn off on me an older vehicle which probably had previous issues and might have been repaired. The date code went from a 2023 Model and now they are trying to give me a 2022 model based on the date code being the only difference besides the vehicle being 1500 higher in the VIN number.

Any thoughts? I am thinking of cancelling if they are trying to give me an older produced vehicle.

Just talk to your DA about your concern. However, I would not cancel the order. The car is amazing and which ever build you get I'm sure you will love. I've had mine since April and still love taking random drives in it.

Just talk to your DA about your concern. However, I would not cancel the order. The car is amazing and which ever build you get I'm sure you will love. I've had mine since April and still love taking random drives in it.
I tried but they are out of the office until next week. I don't like that they assigned me a newer car 3 weeks ago and now they are assigning me an older one.

I would just call Customer Care directly and share your concerns if your DA is not available

Still cant get anyone to explain to me why my VIN was changed and my new VIN is older year model. This late in the year I will not accept getting a 2022 especially when I was assigned a 2023 at first 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Are VINs in sequence? Are you sure it's really an older model? Maybe they processed the earlier Vin car in a direction that was not to your specifications? I would certainly talk with them rather than just bailing.

Original VIN Given to me at the end of October Decodes as a

2023 LUCID MOTORS Lucid Air Grand Touring (The 10th Digit is the Year)​

The car was supposed to take 2-3 weeks for production and after this timeframe they told me my new VIN was now entering production and its a 2022.

Received a 3rd VIN number today and this one is a 2023 again. Will see how this actually turns out.
Glad a bit of complaining got you back into a 2023. I'm jealous that you've had three different VINs and I am still waiting on my first :)

How do I read the VIN number?
The 10th digit is the year, right?
But from the examples given above, the 10th digit is actually letter P or letter N.
Thanks.

I got a 2022 VIN today, and the car is supposedly still being built. Does this make sense?

I got a 2022 VIN today, and the car is supposedly still being built. Does this make sense?
It still is 2022, I guess it depends on when they starting building them. Many cars might have been partially built but waiting for specific parts to complete them.

Is it a GT? I’m under the impression all Touring cars are ‘23, but I’m not sure when they switched over to 23 for GT.

It still is 2022, I guess it depends on when they starting building them. Many cars might have been partially built but waiting for specific parts to complete them.
How did you get assigned to 23 back in November?
We're now a month later.
From the specs standpoint, not that it matters much since they are the same for both years.

Is it a GT? I’m under the impression all Touring cars are ‘23, but I’m not sure when they switched over to 23 for GT.
Yes, it's a GT because my T reservation won't be ready until who knows when -- even though it's in production supposedly, according to the dashboard.

Back