• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

BUG iPhone Widgets Disappearing or Blank

That image is the “placeholder” for Lucid’s widget. If you see that for more than a few seconds, that means the widget is not able to successfully get its data from the app itself.

Sometimes launching the app will kick it into gear. Other times, it stays that way for a while. If your other widgets are working, and a restart doesn’t help, it could be something else Lucid didn’t anticipate happening in your phone.

It’s possible the widget needs to communicate with a server. So if you are in Airplane Mode or otherwise not connected to the internet for a while, things like this can happen. Because widgets aren’t constantly updated (that would destroy your battery life) once a widget gets into a broken state it can stay that way for quite a while.

I’d report it to Lucid and hope it gets resolved in the future. I’ve found troublesome widgets will just start working on their own again occasionally. But they need to be told these types of issues are happening.
The widget stayed that way for a while (saw it after I installed the 2.0.71 update) .. even after starting the app and waiting for it to wake the car .. (twice), but right after I updated the app, the widget started working (even before I opened the app). Strange, but probably a connectivity blip as you said. .. all good now.

I’ve reported it to lucid .. I suggest those with similar issue also report it to customer service so this gets some priority .. thanks

Could this be a Max screen thing? I have a 14 Pro.

Bringing back this thread from its month-long stasis to note that, with the latest versions of the Lucid app and iOS Beta, the widget is back to its old self again.

I tried it on 3 diff iPhones and it still doesn’t work … so now I’m convinced it’s a cloud issue at lucid not displaying user info correctly to the widget. I relayed it to lucid a month ago they promise they working on it but I still have not heard anything back ..

I tried it on 3 diff iPhones and it still doesn’t work … so now I’m convinced it’s a cloud issue at lucid not displaying user info correctly to the widget. I relayed it to lucid a month ago they promise they working on it but I still have not heard anything back ..
Working fine here (iOS 17 beta).

Our two cars are loaded in the Lucid app and the widget hasn’t been switching to the other Lucid from the first one it boots with. First world problem, I acknowledge. Just want the team to be aware. Cars, phone and app all up to date on current versions as of this post. @mcr16. I also text customer service. In case anyone else is experiencing this problem.

Our two cars are loaded in the Lucid app and the widget hasn’t been switching to the other Lucid from the first one it boots with. First world problem, I acknowledge. Just want the team to be aware. Cars, phone and app all up to date on current versions as of this post. @mcr16. I also text customer service. In case anyone else is experiencing this problem.
I could see where that would be a problem. I briefly had two cars in the app, and I couldn't get to the second car once it came up with the first. In my case, they deleted the first car, but if you need both I wasn't clear how to pick which one. Lucid isn't good with sharing, maybe you need two Lucid accounts.

Did you try holding down on the widget, then selecting Edit Widget? Should be able to select the car from there.

You can also set up more than one widget and choose one car for each, I believe.

Did you try holding down on the widget, then selecting Edit Widget? Should be able to select the car from there.

You can also set up more than one widget and choose one car for each, I believe.
Yes, this is the correct answer.

I have held down… you cannot change the car even if it appears you can. The blue linked “selected car” doesn’t do anything when you click the selected car. Even with the desired car active in the app.

I have used two widgets for a while. Just should be smart enough to switch to the active car in the app, no? With one widget. I haven’t really had any problems with either of them and this is VERY minor.

I have held down… you cannot change the car even if it appears you can. The blue linked “selected car” doesn’t do anything when you click the selected car. Even with the desired car active in the app.

I have used two widgets for a while. Just should be smart enough to switch to the active car in the app, no? With one widget. I haven’t really had any problems with either of them and this is VERY minor.
Unfortunately, that’s not as easy with widgets as you might think. Widgets have fairly limited access to communication with the app, for battery reasons. So running one widget per car is not a bad design choice on their part. I totally see why they went that route.

Selecting a different car should work, however. That sounds like a bug. I don’t have two Lucids, so I can’t test it myself.

IMG_3209.jpeg

Yeah it no longer works for adding the “other” car 😭. Customer care said they noted and sent to the software team. Please keep working on updates for CarPlay/Android Auto, DreamDrive and all other higher priorities, Lucid. I’ll manage with this quirk

View attachment 14469
Yeah it no longer works for adding the “other” car 😭. Customer care said they noted and sent to the software team. Please keep working on updates for CarPlay/Android Auto, DreamDrive and all other higher priorities, Lucid. I’ll manage with this quirk
I can't imagine there are many lucky enough to convince their spouses to buy 2 Lucids😁

I can't imagine there are many lucky enough to convince their spouses to buy 2 Lucids😁
Aren't you always talking about that Gravity you'll be picking up next year?

Anyone has any idea what the timer on the right hand corner of the widget indicates?

Guessing it’s since the info was last updated?

Back