BUG iPhone Widgets Disappearing or Blank

Well I spoke too soon. Mine did disappear overnight. I added it back this morning and it is still showing everything properly including the color of my car. But if it keeps disappearing then this is only a partial fix.

My iPhone widget is now working, as is the watch app. Success.

The widget will still disappear. At least the big one. But it should populate, and the watch app now works.

This was all server-side. Car or iOS update had nothing to do with it.

Also, some may still have widget issues. Such is the world of widgets. Once they get into a broken state, it can take a while for them to get going again.

My small widget and Apple Watch apps started working again before the update to 2.1.50. But, either of the larger widgets still disappear.

Now my widget keeps disappearing :(

Just finished installing 2.1.50, then my Apple widget magically working again no longer blank on iPhone icons screen.

The widget is BACK! I updated to 2.1.50 this morning and voila!
IMG_8913.jpg

The small widget tends to stick around, the larger ones disappear after a day or two.
Probably due to the extra funcitonality in the medium and large widgets. So likely the server is being pinged for lock status or climate status, failing, and then that somehow forces iOS to remove the widget?

I'm still not even sure why iOS would do this. Unless the widget, due to this failure, is somehow leaking memory, causing the Springboard (a.k.a. Home screen app) to kill it in order to not let your phone overheat and/or drain battery.

Just an educated guess…

I don't get why the HVAC button isn't on the smaller widgets, isn't that the most common use?

I don't get why the HVAC button isn't on the smaller widgets, isn't that the most common use?
Until iOS 17, it wasn’t possible to do individual buttons on a small widget. The small one could only offer the function to open the app, basically.

I think they could do individual buttons with iOS 17, though. So maybe eventually?

For last 2 weeks, my widget look like this without command button. Is this normal for everyone? What is remedy of this? I kept deleting and reinstalling mobile app, it is still the same…
6EA7C994-AA86-4684-94EC-D3E711283983.jpeg

And when I click to “Edit” widget, I get to this screen that I click “Choose”, it doesn’t do anything. 🤔
F4C3B1F4-09EE-4395-A913-ABBAE8303C54.jpeg

Yep. It’s totally busted. Hopefully a fix will come eventually.

Yep. It’s totally busted. Hopefully a fix will come eventually.

Thanks for chiming in. I just thought I might be the only one needed new iOS update or something.

For last 2 weeks, my widget look like this without command button. Is this normal for everyone? What is remedy of this? I kept deleting and reinstalling mobile app, it is still the same…View attachment 18422

And when I click to “Edit” widget, I get to this screen that I click “Choose”, it doesn’t do anything. 🤔View attachment 18423
Same issue, was hoping they fixed it on the latest 1.46.0

Back