iOS App 1.27.0

TakeDuo

Verified Owner
Cars
Grand Touring
Referral Code
YLV3CK0N
Subtle but big improvement for me:

“You can now share Maps and Google Maps destinations with your Lucid Air through the app. From the destination's listing, tap Share, then tap the Lucid mobile app and continue your route on the Glass Cockpit.”

So, instead of copying and pasting addresses to Lucid app from navigation apps with multiple steps, you can share directly from the native app to Lucid. Worked fantastic for me. Thanks, Lucid!! @Firstto520

If you go into your Maps app, choose any destination, tap the share button, slide all the way to the right then tap "more", you can edit the apps possible for sharing. Tap "edit" then tap the green plus symbol to move Lucid up into the favorites section. Now it will show without needing to scroll when sending a destination from any compatible application (Maps, Google Maps, Waze).

Wasn't this exactly what someone requested a couple weeks ago.

If you go into your Maps app, choose any destination, tap the share button, slide all the way to the right then tap "more", you can edit the apps possible for sharing. Tap "edit" then tap the green plus symbol to move Lucid up into the favorites section. Now it will show without needing to scroll when sending a destination from any compatible application (Maps, Google Maps, Waze).
I don’t even see the Lucid app listed when trying to share from google maps. Wonder what i’m doing wrong

On Android:
Works just fine sending a single address. Didn't work to send a route with multiple stops.

I love this almost as much as I love the widget.

I don’t even see the Lucid app listed when trying to share from google maps. Wonder what i’m doing wrong
Yeah I don't see it with the Apple Maps App either.

a list of App suggestions comes up but Lucid doesn't show on the list???

The way this works on Apple is that you can send the address to Lucid two ways:
  1. You can look up an address in Apple or Google maps and click the share icon to send to Lucid
  2. You can select/highlight some text anywhere and select share
I haven’t trying to send arbitrary text to Lucid, so I don’t know if you don’t send an address what will happen.

Man - I am just scared (in a better way)....

Lucid is setting the expectation so high that for any future requests that are taking time will feel like an eternity :) I love Lucid even before getting my car.. Just wished Apple carPlay/AA will be available before EOY. 🥳🥳

Lucid, when will widgets be available for Android users?

Widgets have been available for iOS users for quite a while now. Why aren't widgets available on Android devices?

On Android:
Works just fine sending a single address. Didn't work to send a route with multiple stops.
I believe that’s a limitation of the android “intent”; it only exists for sharing a single address, not a route.

Update it first.
I believe you also need to be on iOS 16.2 or greater for this to be available. Someone can correct me if they see otherwise but that was my experience.

This is HUGE. Now I don’t have to talk to Alexa to find places, Alexa is moody having problem understanding me unlike Siri does. I then can push address onto Air from Apple Maps.

Oh, I guess CarPlay Maps is not as desirably convenient as it once was. 🤭

The way this works on Apple is that you can send the address to Lucid two ways:
  1. You can look up an address in Apple or Google maps and click the share icon to send to Lucid
  2. You can select/highlight some text anywhere and select share
I haven’t trying to send arbitrary text to Lucid, so I don’t know if you don’t send an address what will happen.
Thanks for this. I was looking to send an address within the Lucid app like its done for Mercedes and Acura but it does not exist. This method is how Mercedes did it back in 2008. At least I have a method to send address to Lucid.

Back