Interior wood protection

Dkars1

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
Thought I would share a product I used on the interior wood finishes in the Air. The interior materials on this car are so well done and of great quality, I feel I need to treat the interior like a piece of fine furniture. Howard’s Feed ’n Wax is an awesome product - easy to apply, buff and it creates a really nice finish with natural protection qualities. I did two coats across all of the wood bits. Love it on my Santa Cruz interior.

No issues with it getting on the aluminum pieces as it wipes right off with a micro fiber. It even wiped off easily on the small area of leather I got it on.

I’ve also used this product on our bathroom vanities and it provides good splash protection there.

Thought I would share a product I used on the interior wood finishes in the Air. The interior materials on this car are so well done and of great quality, I feel I need to treat the interior like a piece of fine furniture. Howard’s Feed ’n Wax is an awesome product - easy to apply, buff and it creates a really nice finish with natural protection qualities. I did two coats across all of the wood bits. Love it on my Santa Cruz interior.

No issues with it getting on the aluminum pieces as it wipes right off with a micro fiber. It even wiped off easily on the small area of leather I got it on.

I’ve also used this product on our bathroom vanities and it provides good splash protection there.
how does it work when there are so many small pits in the wood?

Oops that would help!
8C268D24-A79B-4A7F-9E91-AAC41A9B1215.jpeg
68D7EF65-D6C2-4330-96FE-1473F45B3686.jpeg
F0F7AE9A-70BB-449C-AF01-2E0D91E39615.jpeg
0E455C98-879F-4F1B-910C-B7FCD35F7302.jpeg
2BC0FDA2-FE7D-443E-88FF-E78EACCFC9D7.jpeg
43E2357A-F852-4577-A5E2-953A1D1311F8.jpeg
08182B47-8880-4D30-9951-E15DBC617A93.jpeg

how does it work when there are so many small pits in the wood?
Very well. It’s a fairly thin consistency more like gel. It’s designed to soak into the wood. The microfiber pulls the excess off and it buffs out nice. I love the natural open pore wood in the car and this enhances it. I should add there is no residue- dry to the touch but smooths and “softens” the texture.

Oops that would help!View attachment 6555View attachment 6556View attachment 6557View attachment 6558View attachment 6559View attachment 6560View attachment 6561

Very well. It’s a fairly thin consistency more like gel. It’s designed to soak into the wood. The microfiber pulls the excess off and it buffs out nice. I love the natural open pore wood in the car and this enhances it. I should add there is no residue- dry to the touch but smooths and “softens” the texture.
Just bought some. How often do you have to reapply this?

Just bought some. How often do you have to reapply this?
On my bath vanities it’s only been maybe once a year or two. This is the first time I’ve had a wood interior on a car, but I would think 1/year would make sense. Looking forward to hearing about your experience with it!

Nice. I’m getting Santa Cruz interior as well. Did the wood darken at all? I’d honestly prefer if the wood trim was a little darker.

Back