[VIDEO] LUCID AIR Full Front Paint Protection Film - One Piece Hood - Pottstown, West Chester, Collegeville, Reading, Philadelphia, Allentown

Earlier this year, we had a White LUCID AIR Grand Touring for one of our Ceramic Pro Protection Packages.

This client received:

Ceramic Pro KAVACA Ceramic Coated Full Front PPF - one-piece hood, rear trim removed, vents removed.
Ceramic Pro ULTIMATE ION Lifetime Warranty Ceramic Coating.

PPF on the Hood

I'm not sure why I continue to see shops try and not do this hood in one piece. With even the most basic of prep and effort, a long-lasting, high-quality install is possible. Normally shops will shy away if a hood is huge and is extremely difficult.

Shops that are willing to sell you a multi-piece hood OR a hood with seams for these cars, is strictly looking out for themselves and not for you. The hood does require a decent bit of tension. High-tension installs require more skill of the installer. Low-tension installs, like hoods done in pieces or seams, are often reserved for low-quality installers, with the exception being something like the Aston Martin Vantage hoods or the Viper Hoods. Please find another shop if the shop you're talking to is only willing to do the PPF on that hood with seams.

This Lucid was white, so we took the time to provide a completely custom install. There are no seams or edges visible on this install. It is completely wrapped around every corner. Its not that difficult of a vehicle to provide you with wrapped edges. Again - avoid the shops telling you they won't or can't. Its strictly out of being lazy and not wanting to do even the least bit of extra work.

A word about paint quality
Paint on LUCID vehicles is water-based. Water-based paint, even if its a tri-coat, is at risk for chipping much easier. I've seen LUCID's come into the shop with chips on them with less than 20 miles. The paint is also extremely thin meaning that there isn't a ton of clear coat on the vehicle. The hardness of a thick layer of clearcoat typically allows the paint to be long-term durable. The clear coat is THIN on these cars, often reading less than 3 mils.

If you are considering PPF or are having an issue with your film from another installer, feel free to send me a DM and I can help you find a shop and help to decipher and BS a shop might feed you to placate you into accepting bad work.

Ceramic Pro Pottstown / Total Detailing Auto Surface Protection
581 W. High St., UNIT A
Pottstown PA, 19464

Attachments

• white lucid paint protection film-01.jpg
    white lucid paint protection film-01.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 125
  • white lucid paint protection film-10.jpg
    white lucid paint protection film-10.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 116
  • white lucid paint protection film-09.jpg
    white lucid paint protection film-09.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 114
  • white lucid paint protection film-08.jpg
    white lucid paint protection film-08.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 110
  • white lucid paint protection film-07.jpg
    white lucid paint protection film-07.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 125
  • white lucid paint protection film-06.jpg
    white lucid paint protection film-06.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 121
  • white lucid paint protection film-05.jpg
    white lucid paint protection film-05.jpg
    571.8 KB · Views: 113
  • white lucid paint protection film-04.jpg
    white lucid paint protection film-04.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 112
  • white lucid paint protection film-03.jpg
    white lucid paint protection film-03.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 118
  • white lucid paint protection film-02.jpg
    white lucid paint protection film-02.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 119
Great post, and thanks for being a resource. I’ve received bad ppf before. The installer actually cut the ppf on my vehicle and I had razor cuts in the paint. You’ve got to be extremely discerning with who works on your car.

Attachments

• 38E86D32-3D0A-4150-8D3D-9E4200079DCA.jpeg
    38E86D32-3D0A-4150-8D3D-9E4200079DCA.jpeg
    543.6 KB · Views: 102
Great post, and thanks for being a resource. I’ve received bad ppf before. The installer actually cut the ppf on my vehicle and I had razor cuts in the paint. You’ve got to be extremely discerning with who works on your car.
Cutting on the car should only be done by a skilled installer.

Here is a more detailed video showing some of the "tricks" it takes to get the Lucid front hood covered with PPF. To watch it, click HERE It is a little over 16 minutes long.

Hi Gabe, Any suggestions for DC-Balt Metro? P
A little north of Baltimore, Reflected Images. Mine was 5th Lucid they had done. Specialize in Porsche, but do lots of exotics. I have 2 friends who had their Taycans done there and are quite pleased, as am I. They will arrange transportation of your car for a fee.

Hi Gabe, Any suggestions for DC-Balt Metro? P
We can always take a trip and come and get it. It wouldn't be the first time we've brought in a car from out of state. ;)

Try Ceramic Pro Elite Baltimore.

If you are in reach of Gabe's shop (Pottstown, PA, right off Rt. 422)...it's worth the trip.
One year later = Very happy with his crew and his work.

Back