What a Work of Art

Daniel2022AT

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
This is a bit of a virgin experience. The first car wash.

Washing a car gives you a fresh, more intimate experience of the car, the contours, the nooks and crannies.

I washed my Lucid Air Touring for the first time today. Some takeaways.

The car sits much lower than any other sedan I have had. It sits low like a sports car. It is a smaller vehicle on the exterior than it appears in the interior when driving it. Very easy to wash and dry all surfaces compared to larger sedans or of course SUVs.

The glass canopy roof means less painted surface to dry and much more glass surface to clean and dry. Just a different procedure. The smooth expanse of the front windshield which draws up to the roof is very cool. I did not really take notice of those smooth features before.

The water drains heavily from the trunk lid seam until the trunk is opened and towel dried. Water spots will result unless it is fully dried.

The paint quality is very good. I can’t wait to wax it before summer. It will be easier to clean the bugs off.

If you care about such things, this is a really cool vehicle, and just an extraordinary piece of art. I did not fully appreciate the work of art that it is until today.

A shout out to these guys: I get my car cleaning supplies from carcarespecialties.com

You may enjoy this thread on tips and techniques for washing your Lucid.

Back