Intel from Service Tech

Oh really. I called them in Mar and they said no and wait until the studio opens. Ill certainly check with them again. Thanks very much!
Yes, the service center called me two weeks ago. They had one blk and one wht preproduction AGT. I talked with JOSH(I hope that’s his name). He walked me through the AGT but no test drive on that day. He told me that I would have to wait my turn in order to take it for a test drive., I ordered the AGT in early December so I guess I am down on the list. However Vincent from Lucid heaquarters called me this week and appears to want to work with getting me a test drive soon. Keep on their heels. They definitely were not over run with people waiting to get in. Good luck.

Attachments

• C70505BD-5843-44AF-BC6B-829A4DE4C2E3.jpeg
    C70505BD-5843-44AF-BC6B-829A4DE4C2E3.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 115
  • 549DECEB-A3CB-487E-B513-CD5416F62F36.jpeg
    549DECEB-A3CB-487E-B513-CD5416F62F36.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 111
  • A343505D-3A69-4257-958F-55E75AF2691E.jpeg
    A343505D-3A69-4257-958F-55E75AF2691E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 139
Reactions: Bel
I called the service center and ill go there fri morning. They have at least one car and likely a prototyp but dimensions should be the same. Got the impression they have made the service center as a temporary studio too. Yes, Josh is the guy. Test driving isnt important to me also seems no one in the forum is unhappy with how it drives. Mainly intrested in the room in the driver's sest since im 6'5".

I called the service center and ill go there fri morning. They have at least one car and likely a prototyp but dimensions should be the same. Got the impression they have made the service center as a temporary studio too. Yes, Josh is the guy. Test driving isnt important to me also seems no one in the forum is unhappy with how it drives. Mainly intrested in the room in the driver's sest since im 6'5".
Good. Glad you got in. It is a nice vehicle. I think you will find that there is enough room for you. I do question the headroom though. That might be a challenge for you. I am only 6’00’’ and I had a comfortable amount of space over my head. Your extra height might be a close fit. Good luck.

Do you mean for the arm reach with the seat in its lowest and rear most position? Im 6'-5" and wonder how id fit in my confirmed agt, silver. Im north of seattle and closest studio is san jose. Lucid web site says theyll open a seattle studio in the summer. If it doesnt open before i need to pay in full, ill fly down to san jose to test sit. Im comfortable in only a few vehicles (nissan altima but before 2016, 2022 volvo xc90, 2022 lincoln aviator, impala but theyve stop making it. Beginning of the 2022, i test sat just about every suv model on the market and only xc90 and aviator had enough room and i ordered xc90 in feb. Estimated wait 6+ months. And no one can seat behind me in any vehicle but thats fine.

I’m 6’3” so pretty close in build. It’s the race car driver in me that likes the wheel closer. Most people will be totally fine.

Also, you’ll be quite surprised that even all the way back there’s still a lot of legroom. Very comfortable for us tall/tanky folks.

I’m 6’3” so pretty close in build. It’s the race car driver in me that likes the wheel closer. Most people will be totally fine.

Also, you’ll be quite surprised that even all the way back there’s still a lot of legroom. Very comfortable for us tall/tanky folks.
Thaks, sounds good. On mawashi geri's advice i just called the lucid seattle service center and they have car i can test sit in. Ill go there this fri.

Mine does not seem connected to the mechanics of the car at all. In other words, it creaks when I turn it, it creaks when I push on it. It sounds like it is something with the plastic housing.
It certainly is quality control issues. I've test drove the SJ Valley Fair black "early" production car and found that creak. Some folks have it, but I also hear other members not having the issue.

It certainly is quality control issues. I've test drove the SJ Valley Fair black "early" production car and found that creak. Some folks have it, but I also hear other members not having the issue.
Lucid service has been outstanding. Makes these little annoyances way more tolerable.

Do you mean for the arm reach with the seat in its lowest and rear most position? Im 6'-5" and wonder how id fit in my confirmed agt, silver. Im north of seattle and closest studio is san jose. Lucid web site says theyll open a seattle studio in the summer. If it doesnt open before i need to pay in full, ill fly down to san jose to test sit. Im comfortable in only a few vehicles (nissan altima but before 2016, 2022 volvo xc90, 2022 lincoln aviator, impala but theyve stop making it. Beginning of the 2022, i test sat just about every suv model on the market and only xc90 and aviator had enough room and i ordered xc90 in feb. Estimated wait 6+ months. And no one can seat behind me in any vehicle but thats fine.

I test drove the AGT yesterday. I am 6'4", 230. I set the seat to where I like it and had tons more room to go. Then, when I was done with test drive, I moved the seat back even further (maybe another inch or tow) and got in the back seat behind the driver's seat. I Was shocked that my knees came no where near the driver's seat. I had at least 4 inches to spare...probably closer to 6.

I will say it is a little odd having your knees so high, though. The bottom part of my hamstrings were not touching the seat so I am not sure if that would matter on a long trip. But since I'll be driving....SCREW THE PASSENGERS! LOL

EDIT: The head room was not an issue either. I tend to ride low, but when comfortable, I had at least a hand's width of space between my head and the roof.

I test drove the AGT yesterday. I am 6'4", 230. I set the seat to where I like it and had tons more room to go. Then, when I was done with test drive, I moved the seat back even further (maybe another inch or tow) and got in the back seat behind the driver's seat. I Was shocked that my knees came no where near the driver's seat. I had at least 4 inches to spare...probably closer to 6.

I will say it is a little odd having your knees so high, though. The bottom part of my hamstrings were not touching the seat so I am not sure if that would matter on a long trip. But since I'll be driving....SCREW THE PASSENGERS! LOL

EDIT: The head room was not an issue either. I tend to ride low, but when comfortable, I had at least a hand's width of space between my head and the roof.
Thanks, sounds good. Ill go to the lucid seattle service center tomorrow and test sit.

I know one thing the new wheel is meant to fix is the loud creaking some of us have. They put a band-aid on mine, but it has started creaking again. I was told they would put on the new wheel as soon as it was available, but no eta. Lucid service continues to be incredible (my experience).
I have the creak too. I think it has to do with the cheap plastic behind the wheel housing the stem. I think it may happen more when I turn or hold the wheel tightly causing possiblely a slight movement of the steam and it rubbing the plastic casing behind it.

Please report--especially ease of getting in and out

I did find it a little harder to get into and out of. I banged my head at least once. The frame seems to hang lower than I am used to. And my Jag is pretty low too. Luckily it is cushioned. LOL.

After the first time getting in and out, I was able to not look like a moron and was able to not bang my head.

This was one of the weirdest experiences I had in going from seeing the car in a Design Studio to owning the car. We visited two Design Studios a total of five times to check out the Air during our long wait for the car. On every visit, I found the roof rails a real hindrance to ingress and egress and to reaching out to pull the doors closed, bumping my head an embarrassing number of times. I'm short (5'7") and almost got to the point of canceling my reservation over the issue, thinking this would be an ongoing issue for me and any other adult passengers.

Then the car was finally delivered. Within a couple of days I was getting in and out with complete ease, never giving it a thought. All I can figure out is that motor memory for how to enter and exit without hitting the rails developed quickly under regular use of the car. What is more mysterious is that taller friends who ride in the car less frequently have never noted any difficulty, either on their own initiative or in response to my questions about it.

I have also watched innumerable video reviews of the car. Only once did I ever see anyone comment on difficulty in getting in or out. In fact, Sandy Munro, in his first examination of the car, actually raved about how easy it was to get in and out of the back seat and commented that Tesla ought to take that page from the Lucid playbook.

This was one of the weirdest experiences I had in going from seeing the car in a Design Studio to owning the car. We visited two Design Studios a total of five times to check out the Air during our long wait for the car. On every visit, I found the roof rails a real hindrance to ingress and egress and to reaching out to pull the doors closed, bumping my head an embarrassing number of times. I'm short (5'7") and almost got to the point of canceling my reservation over the issue, thinking this would be an ongoing issue for me and any other adult passengers.

Then the car was finally delivered. Within a couple of days I was getting in and out with complete ease, never giving it a thought. All I can figure out is that motor memory for how to enter and exit without hitting the rails developed quickly under regular use of the car. What is more mysterious is that taller friends who ride in the car less frequently have never noted any difficulty, either on their own initiative or in response to my questions about it.

I have also watched innumerable video reviews of the car. Only once did I ever see anyone comment on difficulty in getting in or out. In fact, Sandy Munro, in his first examination of the car, actually raved about how easy it was to get in and out of the back seat and commented that Tesla ought to take that page from the Lucid playbook.
Interesting, and good to know. I've only seen the car once in the studio, and found the same roof rail problem. It helped a bit to lower the seat from the previous user--but that requires a deeper knee-bend!

The same day I went to the Audi dealer and drove the e-tron GT and found it about the same--pretty tough ingress/egress (I passed on that car for range and ridiculous mark-up).

I haven't regularly driven a low-slung car is 3 years--mostly SUV's--so I'm betting it's a matter of getting used to it again. That said, I'm really interested in the experiences
other folks here.

I did find it a little harder to get into and out of. I banged my head at least once. The frame seems to hang lower than I am used to. And my Jag is pretty low too. Luckily it is cushioned. LOL.

After the first time getting in and out, I was able to not look like a moron and was able to not bang my head.
I had XJL until I switched to Cayenne. If it's no worse than the Jag I'll be fine...once I unlearn the Cayenne!

Duck! I’m not tall by any means (5’ 10”) but I haven’t hit my head one time, in the pre-production version or in my GT. I don’t even think about it, swing my legs out of the car and stand up, put one leg in the car and sit down on the seat. It’s a low slung roof for sure, but for my short self, not an issue whatsoever

I honestly think taller people are just more used to watching our heads. I had no issues when I got to sit in the Lucid for the first time. And I'm 6'2". Front and back seat.

I honestly think taller people are just more used to watching our heads.

That could well explain my experience. A lot has to do with what you're used to.

In a similar vein, we have a Honda Odyssey which I've always thought of as incredibly roomy. One day my 6'1" partner climbed into the front passenger seat the day after we'd taken a road trip in the Air. After a few minutes, he looked over and said, "you know, I had more room in the Air." This got me to thinking and to looking around the Odyssey cabin at things to which I'd not previously paid any attention. One of them was the roof rails. For the first time, I noticed how intrusive the A-pillars actually were, both visually and physically. When I got out of the driver seat I noticed for the first time that I was contorting my neck unnaturally to clear it.

Last edited:
Back