Intel from Service Tech

I'm not even sure what to improve? The wheel buttons and function work great for me. It feels great too, MAYBE just the range of customization on position?
I know one thing the new wheel is meant to fix is the loud creaking some of us have. They put a band-aid on mine, but it has started creaking again. I was told they would put on the new wheel as soon as it was available, but no eta. Lucid service continues to be incredible (my experience).

I know one thing the new wheel is meant to fix is the loud creaking some of us have. They put a band-aid on mine, but it has started creaking again. I was told they would put on the new wheel as soon as it was available, but no eta. Lucid service continues to be incredible (my experience).
did they tell you what the issue was with the creaking?

Haha- yes I think the steering wheel is an item I can’t recall reading a single complaint about on the forum!
I was thinking the same thing. It would be nice to replace the rocker switches with a pressable scroll wheel. Much easier to move and still has the same functionality.

I do wish the steering column had a larger range outward, but otherwise I'm super happy with it.

did they tell you what the issue was with the creaking?
Nothing other than the engineers determined it needs a design fix to really correct the problem. It sounds more like the plastic housing creaking, nothing mechanical or internal.

Nothing other than the engineers determined it needs a design fix to really correct the problem. It sounds more like the plastic housing creaking, nothing mechanical or internal.
Does it creak when turning or when pressing or pulling on one side of it?

I was thinking the same thing. It would be nice to replace the rocker switches with a pressable scroll wheel. Much easier to move and still has the same functionality.

I do wish the steering column had a larger range outward, but otherwise I'm super happy with it.
Do you mean for the arm reach with the seat in its lowest and rear most position? Im 6'-5" and wonder how id fit in my confirmed agt, silver. Im north of seattle and closest studio is san jose. Lucid web site says theyll open a seattle studio in the summer. If it doesnt open before i need to pay in full, ill fly down to san jose to test sit. Im comfortable in only a few vehicles (nissan altima but before 2016, 2022 volvo xc90, 2022 lincoln aviator, impala but theyve stop making it. Beginning of the 2022, i test sat just about every suv model on the market and only xc90 and aviator had enough room and i ordered xc90 in feb. Estimated wait 6+ months. And no one can seat behind me in any vehicle but thats fine.

Do you mean for the arm reach with the seat in its lowest and rear most position? Im 6'-5" and wonder how id fit in my confirmed agt, silver. Im north of seattle and closest studio is san jose. Lucid web site says theyll open a seattle studio in the summer. If it doesnt open before i need to pay in full, ill fly down to san jose to test sit. Im comfortable in only a few vehicles (nissan altima but before 2016, 2022 volvo xc90, 2022 lincoln aviator, impala but theyve stop making it. Beginning of the 2022, i test sat just about every suv model on the market and only xc90 and aviator had enough room and i ordered xc90 in feb. Estimated wait 6+ months. And no one can seat behind me in any vehicle but thats fine.
Mark Mcgwire, who is also 6'5" was one of the first buyers of the Lucid Dream and I would think that you will be satisfied with the fit.

Last edited:
Does it creak when turning or when pressing or pulling on one side of it?
Is it only at slow speeds or highway also?

Mine seems to creak only at very low speeds, like turning in my driveway.

(I'm also in line for a replacement windshield. Nice to know there is a v4 coming)

(I'm also in line for a replacement windshield. Nice to know there is a v4 coming)
What happened with your windshield?!

The Seattle Service Center has an AGT for you to go thorough and test drive. Save yourself a flight. Happy journeys.

Reactions: Bel
What happened with your windshield?!
The cutout doesn't work well at all with the bay area Fastrak (kinda like EZPass). Its a total pain in the ass that it doesn't work, as it results in problems using the "Express Lanes" (read: paid/free HOV lanes depending on the settings in the fastrak). It only reads the device like 50% of the time, meaning I get overpriced bills quite often instead of the free it should be.

Reactions: Bel
The Seattle Service Center has an AGT for you to go thorough and test drive. Save yourself a flight. Happy journeys.
Oh really. I called them in Mar and they said no and wait until the studio opens. Ill certainly check with them again. Thanks very much!

The cutout doesn't work well at all with the bay area Fastrak (kinda like EZPass). Its a total pain in the ass that it doesn't work, as it results in problems using the "Express Lanes" (read: paid/free HOV lanes depending on the settings in the fastrak). It only reads the device like 50% of the time, meaning I get overpriced bills quite often instead of the free it should be.
What will they have done to the new windshield? How would i know what to check for so i get the "good" windshield when i get my agt?

Mine does not seem connected to the mechanics of the car at all. In other words, it creaks when I turn it, it creaks when I push on it. It sounds like it is something with the plastic housing.

Since they have delayed my car for so long, I will request that they install the better steering wheel and windshield before I take delivery.
Let us know what they say. I requested them to swap the Pirelli’s with the Michelins on mine and the DA has not gotten back to me. This whole 3rd inspection is causing an issue.
I also asked him about this New Steering wheel and Windshield news and if we will get a replacement.

Did you also hear about some recall. Some dude commented on it on Twitter today saying if the issue exists it takes 8 hours to fix but if no issue it can be fixed by using a zip tie. Did not say what the issue is though.

Last edited:
Did you also hear about some recall. Some dude commented on it on Twitter today saying if the issue exists it takes 8 hours to fix but if no issue it can be fixed by using a zip tie. Did not say what the issue is though.
There's literally a thread entitled 'Recall' right below this thread....

Back