Insurance

I just ran the quote program that Progressive has. We are currently using Progressive for our little Fiat and our house. Adding the soon(?) to be produced Lucid AGT yields the following quote:

2022 Lucid Air Coverages
Comprehensive $500 deductible
: $33
Collision $500 deductible: $309
Rental $40 per day ($1,200 maximum): $8
Roadside No coverage Offered: $0
Loan/Lease Payoff Coverage selected: $23
Total: $373 for 6 months or $746/yr.

This quote included the following automatic discounts:
Pay in Full Today (does not apply to monthly payments)
Internet Discount (for originating your quote online)
Paperless Discount (receive bills/documents via email)
Multiple Car Discount
Multi-policy Discount
Homeowner's Discount
Three-year Safe Driving Discount
Five-year Accident Free Discount
Vehicle(s) with Anti-Theft Device Discount
Continuous Insurance Discount: Platinum

We have only filed one claim with them, which was in 2018 for a chipped windshield of the RV bus we had at the time and it was very quickly dealt with. We have never filed a substantial claim, so I can not say how good they are on that type of situation.
Where are you located and what coverage limits?

I just ran the quote program that Progressive has. We are currently using Progressive for our little Fiat and our house. Adding the soon(?) to be produced Lucid AGT yields the following quote:

2022 Lucid Air Coverages

Multiple Car Discount
Multi-policy Discount
Homeowner's Discount

We have only filed one claim with them, which was in 2018 for a chipped windshield of the RV bus we had at the time and it was very quickly dealt with. We have never filed a substantial claim, so I can not say how good they are on that type of situation.
Sounds really good. What state are you insuring the car in? That is important for determining rates.

Where are you located and what coverage limits?
We near Bellingham, WA and here are the details:
Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability: $250,000 each person, $500,000 each accident, $100,000 each accident
Underinsured Motorist: $250,000 each person, $500,000 each accident
Underinsured Motorist Property Damage: $100,000 each accident, $100 deductible or $300 deductible for hit & run
Personal Injury Protection: $10,000
Comprehensive: $500 deductible with $0 Glass deductible
Collision: $500 deductible

I'm with State Farm in NY. Upstate...Saratoga County. Replacing my 2015 Jag XF with AGT, my premium will go from $446 every 6 months to $631. That is with $250k/$500k/$100k and $500 deductible.

Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability: $250,000 each person, $500,000 each accident, $100,000 each accident
Underinsured Motorist Property Damage: $100,000 each accident, $100 deductible or $300 deductible for hit & run
Same location here. I came to a little higher than djl but still good. I presently have costco insurance but just checked the progressive calculator. 64 years, home owner, no tickets, no accidents, just entered lucid agt in screenshot but will combine home and other car when ready to get insurance, highest deductable (dont mind paying for damages), will pay rental and road assistance myself -- just one phone call to rental and tow and im on my way immidiately with no more hassles, not familiar with various coverages but believe i picked the highest they offer in each category. Seems to be ~$1200 per year -- i think reasonable.
1653056339647.png
1653056339835.png

Reactions: DJL

2022 Lucid Air Coverages

Multiple Car Discount
Multi-policy Discount
Homeowner's Discount

Sounds really good. What state are you insuring the car in? That is important for determining rates.
I too am near B’ham. I got a quote from GEICO. So-so. Did you say your quote was from Progressive? My GT is allegedly to arrive late July (?). Time to shop around for ins. coverage.

I too am near B’ham. I got a quote from GEICO. So-so. Did you say your quote was from Progressive? My GT is allegedly to arrive late July (?). Time to shop around for ins. coverage.
Yep, Progressive. You can go to their site to build the quote based on your particular requirements.

I also received a quote from Brown & Brown Insurance in Lynden. Quite competitive with Progressive. I might bundle other policies with them and go local.
GEICO/Travelers just hiked home coverage by 70 (!) percent. Adios!

Reactions: DJL
I just got the semi-annual renewal notices for our 2018 Honda Odyssey and our 2022 Lucid Air Dream Edition. Same company (State Farm), same coverage amounts.

Honda - $517.10

Lucid - $435.30

I haven't gotten the renewal yet for our 2021 Model S Plaid, but it was also lower than the Honda at the last renewal. I find EVs remarkably inexpensive to insure compared to far less expensive ICE cars.

Back