Babyrocko1908

Referral Code - 2BFU7LV3
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Referral Code
2BFU7LV3
I'm working on an insurance quote with my existing auto policy with State Farm and I have two quick questions regarding the glass canopy and how insurance companies would classify it.

1) Does our auto insurance policy cover the glass canopy under "windshield" coverage or is more or separate coverage needed for the glass canopy? Is it covered under comprehensive coverage?

2) Has anyone had any issues getting their insurance company to cover glass canopy damage under their existing windshield coverage?

I'm working on an insurance quote with my existing auto policy with State Farm and I have two quick questions regarding the glass canopy and how insurance companies would classify it.

1) Does our auto insurance policy cover the glass canopy under "windshield" coverage or is more or separate coverage needed for the glass canopy? Is it covered under comprehensive coverage?

2) Has anyone had any issues getting their insurance company to cover glass canopy damage under their existing windshield coverage?
I’m with StateFarm and my policy lists the glass coverage as “Comprehensive with full Glass.” And then there’s a separate glass deductible (which is $0) listed, along with my regular $500 deductible. My understanding is that it covers any glass on the car, including if someone were to smash my side windows.

I’ve never had to make a claim on the glass, so I’m not sure how that would go. Hoping I never have to, of course.

I’m with StateFarm and my policy lists the glass coverage as “Comprehensive with full Glass.” And then there’s a separate glass deductible (which is $0) listed, along with my regular $500 deductible. My understanding is that it covers any glass on the car, including if someone were to smash my side windows.

I’ve never had to make a claim on the glass, so I’m not sure how that would go. Hoping I never have to, of course.
Thanks! This is exactly what I needed to know and you having State Farm I know exactly what to look for.

Thanks Joe!

I took a rock in which was repaired by Safelite beautifully. It was covered under my windshield coverage with Progressive. Since then, I now have a crack that runs from the mirror area to the wipers. I go in to the Lucid Service Center Monday for a replacement. I have files a claim and Progressive has been very helpful.

I was told by Travelers that my twice a year rock chip repairs counted against me when they quoted me for the Air.
I was quite surprised and frankly would have paid out of pockets for these trivial repairs had I known.

I've been with State Farm for 40 years but recently dropped their coverage on my Lucid in favor of Progressive. When I received my car in early December they quoted one rate, but when I checked my online account a couple week later, there was a different, higher rate. When I called the agent he explained that their system could only manage Lucid via MSRP. He said it was one of only two car companies that had this quirk. Anyway, I went online and built the same coverage with Progressive (including $0 glass) for far cheaper.
I still have my home, another car, and my umbrella with State Farm, but may look to move those. I think they're kind of a dinosaur in that you have to call them to transact most business. My agent never answers and I always have to wait for a return call. I'd rather be able to do everything online, which I can with Progressive.

Back