• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Instant boot soon!

With any luck, a warm boot will be all you need, even after a night away from the car. There's no good reason they should have to reboot the entire car for anything other than something going seriously wrong.

When was the last time you had to cold reboot your phone in the morning, right? Cache the car in its current state and put it to "sleep." Should have next to zero impact on battery life.
To your point, If you left your phone off the charger, in the morning you would wake up with quite a bit less battery life. All they need to do is bring the cold boot time to the level of the competition. Anything faster is a bonus.

To your point, If you left your phone off the charger, in the morning you would wake up with quite a bit less battery life. All they need to do is bring the cold boot time to the level of the competition. Anything faster is a bonus.
You're right. Bad example. Your phone is running radios, background app refreshes, and such all night. Your car doesn't really need to do that, beyond listening for a few things. And it needs to do that regardless of whether you do a full reboot or just wake from sleep.

The better comparison is to your laptop. Close your laptop lid and walk away. I guarantee you, five days later you still have plenty of battery.

The only drain should be coming from the very low-power radios that are waiting for a signal from your fob or phone. Or a charger. And like I said, shutting down the computer doesn't make a difference there. It still needs to have some part of its brain awake to hear those signals.

My Tesla, for example (not to constantly bring them up) only ever does a full reboot when I hold down the two steering wheel buttons and force a reset. Otherwise, it simply wakes from sleep. Even after sitting at the airport for two weeks. Instant on.

The bootup time on the Tesla is not much better than the current Lucid. Do a forced reset, and you're waiting almost a minute before all systems are fired up. But i only ever have to wait that minute if there was a problem and I needed to reset.

There's no reason Lucid can't do the same.

Yea! Damn right. I don't think there is anyone left posting here that ever saw 1.0.4 lol
I think that my car was delivered with 1.0.4! Or was it 0.01.4?? :eek: ;)

On the bright side, you may get to experience the car for the first time with the latest update! Which could always bring brand new glitches with it, I suppose.

Hang in there, the last few days of the wait are the hardest!
You are so right regarding how the last few days of wait are the hardest. On a good note, I just got the call and am scheduled to pick up the car Thursday morning. A Lyft is coming to pick me up and drive me the 2 hours to the Seattle Service Center. I only hope I can get some sleep between now that then...LOL.

You are so right regarding how the last few days of wait are the hardest. On a good note, I just got the call and am scheduled to pick up the car Thursday morning. A Lyft is coming to pick me up and drive me the 2 hours to the Seattle Service Center. I only hope I can get some sleep between now that then...LOL.

Heh. My pickup is tomorrow. I know the feeling!

Reactions: DJL
I noticed something very positive about this teaser version. The menu column bar has moved from left to right. Thank goodness!!!! Now we don’t have to do yoga right arm extension. Secondly, I hope upper menu bar is repositioned as well. Whenever the back up camera screen covers the upper menu bar, it gets really annoying to not able to click the HomeLink menu.

E02F8971-A70D-46D8-8116-A8CF8799D0F1.jpeg

Interesting that some have pointed out the much needed relocation of the main icons on the upper panel to the left side of the screen. I went back and looked at the leaked image of car play from July. The icons were on the right.

View attachment 5053

I've never seen this before, looks Photoshopped

Interesting that some have pointed out the much needed relocation of the main icons on the upper panel to the left side of the screen. I went back and looked at the leaked image of car play from July. The icons were on the right.

View attachment 5053
Either prototype got leaked or photoshopped.

Back