Installing 19" aero inserts?

Yes! That's why the Touring and Pure with 19" wheels have less CD than the GT and Dream Editions.
I also heard that they did some underbody changes too to reduce the drag coefficient.

I also heard that they did some underbody changes too to reduce the drag coefficient.
Same, but I heard from Peter himself that the vast majority of changes that affected Cd was in the wheels.

Same, but I heard from Peter himself that the vast majority of changes that affected Cd was in the wheels.
So, are you saying the 20” wheels in early GTs may be different than the 20” wheels in current Ps and Ts?

Ok silly question on the 20” wheels. I was delivered the Lucid AT without the aero covers as I had requested they come uninstalled. I now want to install them and have removed the center cap - however the valve stem is in the way. I saw on this thread there was a hole cut out for 19” covers to accommodate for the stem.

Is that also supposed to be the case with the 20” covers? If so, mine were delivered without the hole cut out so I can't install them unless there is another trick.

Ok silly question on the 20” wheels. I was delivered the Lucid AT without the aero covers as I had requested they come uninstalled. I now want to install them and have removed the center cap - however the valve stem is in the way. I saw on this thread there was a hole cut out for 19” covers to accommodate for the stem.

Is that also supposed to be the case with the 20” covers? If so, mine were delivered without the hole cut out so I can't install them unless there is another trick.
One of the cutouts is longer.

Attachments

• IMG_2871.jpeg
    IMG_2871.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
I just took my aero covers off last week and have already had two different guys remark that my wheel hubs are missing some kind of center caps (see photo). They do look Unfinished to me but they appear to be the same as in the short video from Alex. Are they missing something?

Attachments

• IMG_2813.jpeg
    IMG_2813.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 88
This is possibly the dumbest question ever asked here, but is there a trick to installing the 19" aero inserts? I replaced my snow tires today with the OEM wheels and tires, but the aero inserts won't clip in properly. I had the silver hub disks and black valve stem covers installed when I first got the car and so have never had the inserts on the car. I have the valve stem opening in the correct place and the silver hub disk removed, but the inserts are loose and the center hub won't grip at all.
I just posted above before I saw this comment…did the hub disks come standard or did you special order them? The wheels look unfinished without them.

I just posted above before I saw this comment…did the hub disks come standard or did you special order them? The wheels look unfinished without them.
You have to order the center cap and lug nut covers. The center cap comes in black or silver. It's around $120

You have to order the center cap and lug nut covers. The center cap comes in black or silver. It's around $120
Thanks…I’m guessing that’s $120. For four center caps? I looked on the site and don’t see them listed. I texted Lucid service who said they would contact my local service center but they did not know if there would be a charge for them. I also just sent an email to my delivery advisor. It seems to me that they should have been provided with the car for folks who don’t want to use the plastic aero covers all the time.

If you call the Lucid Customer Care number ‭+1 (888) 995-8243‬ they can take your order for lug nut covers and the center cap.

Attachments

• IMG_7139.jpg
    IMG_7139.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 72
Thanks…I’m guessing that’s $120. For four center caps? I looked on the site and don’t see them listed. I texted Lucid service who said they would contact my local service center but they did not know if there would be a charge for them. I also just sent an email to my delivery advisor. It seems to me that they should have been provided with the car for folks who don’t want to use the plastic aero covers all the time.
Gee, I'd rather have a set of aero covers which actually let you fill the tires with air without the need to remove the aero covers...

Gee, I'd rather have a set of aero covers which actually let you fill the tires with air without the need to remove the aero covers...
That would be nice…The first response from customer service was ”The aero covers are designed to be on at all times”. Really? I only need them for my occasional overnight trips. The ‘naked’ wheels are much more attractive than the plastic covers.

If you call the Lucid Customer Care number ‭+1 (888) 995-8243‬ they can take your order for lug nut covers and the center cap.
Can you purchase just the center caps without the lug nut covers?

Yes, that would be nice. The “new” style 19” wheels allow for that and provide better aerodynamics. Only $4500 to upgrade

Took my aero caps off to reveal some iron and rust deposits on my rotors. Aero covers are nice, but when it actually comes to maintaining the car. Do yourself a favor and say goodbye to them.
Got center caps and black lug nuts. Looks as sexy as ever.

Also the damn aero inserts scratched the hell out of my rims and I've only ever taken them off twice for air pressure.

Also the damn aero inserts scratched the hell out of my rims and I've only ever taken them off twice for air pressure.
Do you have the old style or the new style rims? The new style seems to have a different latching mechanism. I’ve got the old one, so I would not really know for sure.

Back