Inaccurate Navigation tracking

smead

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT - Grey/Mojave/19"
So I've had my GT for a few days now, and my car has no idea where it is. I have done a vehicle reset but the 'vehicle arrow' that displays on the maps is no where near where the car actually is. I have a call into customer service but was wondering if anyone else had this problem? It makes the navigation system completely useless.

So I've had my GT for a few days now, and my car has no idea where it is. I have done a vehicle reset but the 'vehicle arrow' that displays on the maps is no where near where the car actually is. I have a call into customer service but was wondering if anyone else had this problem? It makes the navigation system completely useless.
I had something similar but it resolved itself. I have had much better success emailing customer care from the app to get a response. Email back within a few hours and sometimes a direct call from team. Just my experience though

Reboot the car?

An update - I've had mobile service techs come out and look at the problem. They did a number of 'resets', including a 'whole vehicle hard' reset (their term, not mine), and it did not resolve the problem. They said that their diagnostic software wasn't able to communicate with one of the car's control units (can't remember exactly what he called it). They downloaded a bunch of vehicle data and said they would escalate the problem to Lucid engineering. The tech said that it was likely they would be out again to replace the control unit. Stay tuned...

An update - I've had mobile service techs come out and look at the problem. They did a number of 'resets', including a 'whole vehicle hard' reset (their term, not mine), and it did not resolve the problem. They said that their diagnostic software wasn't able to communicate with one of the car's control units (can't remember exactly what he called it). They downloaded a bunch of vehicle data and said they would escalate the problem to Lucid engineering. The tech said that it was likely they would be out again to replace the control unit. Stay tuned...
Could it have been a TCAM module? Volvos and Polestars are having similar problems with this module failing to communicate. I've heard that Lucid uses a similar module from the same manufacturer (Continental).

Could it have been a TCAM module? Volvos and Polestars are having similar problems with this module failing to communicate. I've heard that Lucid uses a similar module from the same manufacturer (Continental).
Maybe. I heard a lot of acronyms during our conversation. I'm sure that was one that was mentioned. 🤣

Maps SUCKS. Especially coming from Google Maps!!

Example: I live in a new n'hood, with a valid USPS address, etc ... But Lucid cannot locate that address. Hence no home address for me. Google Maps works FTR.

Unsure why those Tom Tom over Google Maps. Guessing costs,

Secondly: I don't know how to 'orient up' in the pilot panel. If you know, please advise.
Third: On the right screen of the glass cockpit, the nav shows the heading orientation; however unsure how to cycle thru' the 'eta screen', directions, etc .. without tapping the nav button, every time.

I'd pay $2000 for a Google Maps option on the car.

What version of software did your come with and what are you on now?

CarPlay solves that
No Apple products in my house by choice. Polestar, Volvo, and Cadillac have native Google Maps in the car, and it'a pleasure to use. Lucid made a difficult-to-defend decision.

What version of software did your come with and what are you on now?
When it was delivered, it was on 1.2.76. I immediately upgraded to 1.2.9 and about a week later, 1.2.10 was available. I then upgraded to it and am current. I've been on 1.2.10 a week or so, now.

I'm having the same problem. The car has no idea where I am. Tech support was quite nice and was hopeful that the issue will be resolved once I am on the latest software release. Guess I'll know in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I am loving driving the car. Today was the first day I drove around New York City and boy was the car a head-turner. I even had a woman actually stop in the middle of the road and wouldn't let me go by until she took a picture.

I just picked up my car today and I am stuck in Newark CA but I picked up the car in NJ. I was told the same thing, wait for the next update and see if it resolves itself.

No Apple products in my house by choice. Polestar, Volvo, and Cadillac have native Google Maps in the car, and it'a pleasure to use. Lucid made a difficult-to-defend decision.
Android Auto will fix that :cool:

Same problem here (nav not working but reporting car fixed at another location). Has been this way since car’s delivery. I have called and texted (and tried resets) but they tell me just to wait until 2.0 software comes out for my car. They do not have a timeline for that. How did you get them to send a tech to look at it? I have not been able to get that level of service here (San Diego).

I have had the same problem multiple times. I was never able to fix the problem by "resetting" the car myself, but it did resolve itself each time, until now. The car's nav system shows that the car is at the Lucid headquarters in California, but the car is in St. Louis. The app shows the car in St. Louis, but it doesn't move when I drive it. The worst problem is this disables highway assist because the car thinks it is in a parking lot in California. I called customer service and they sent a request to the service techs to schedule a visit.

I have had the same problem multiple times. I was never able to fix the problem by "resetting" the car myself, but it did resolve itself each time, until now. The car's nav system shows that the car is at the Lucid headquarters in California, but the car is in St. Louis. The app shows the car in St. Louis, but it doesn't move when I drive it. The worst problem is this disables highway assist because the car thinks it is in a parking lot in California. I called customer service and they sent a request to the service techs to schedule a visit.
I just updated the software this morning (2.0.33) and this exact thing happened. Nav no longer functions because the car thinks it is parked at Lucid Headquarters in Fremont. Haven’t had problems with the nav befor (other than some disturbingly innappropriate guidance). Oddly, the lucid app on my iPhone places it correctly. rebooted repeatedly, still thinks it’s in Fremont. Called customer service, they said I will get a call to schedule a home visit. i don’t know how your issue was resolved, we’ll see how they fix mine.

Back