Ideas to improve ergonomic of charger

I am not really a read the manual person I personally like to learn by Doing and discovering or watching YouTube videos.
Like window tint, tell me a manual that says you can drive safely with 50% winshield tint and 20s all around on a Lucid. This forum is a manual In the sense that it’s people’s real experiences.

I am not really a read the manual person I personally like to learn by Doing and discovering or watching YouTube videos.
Is it really doing and discovering when all you are "doing" is posting questions on this forum?

Is it me, or is there a charge port button right there on the left cockpit panel?

When I am charging, I’m generally just getting out of the car after a drive. So I tap that button before I get out, and the door is open by the time I get the cable and plug it in.

Now the FRUNK is the opening where I want a physical button.
This is the way.

If we did that there would be no need for "Lucidowners.com"

Also: "Please read the manual." is archaic.
You should get with the digital age borski. There is no such thing as a manual. Did you forget that we've been in the "paperless office" since the invention of email and PDF? ... say it like this:

Please google: "how does my car work?". Get distracted by something in your peripheral; lose 6 hours of your day.
This made me laugh because borski is relatively young lol

As @joec said, the cockpit charge port door button on the left, which is ergonomically placed close to where your hand is going to be right before you reach for the door handle to get out of the car, is an easy trouble free way to open the charge port door. In fact it’s more convenient than the pull lever near the seat that many many auto manufacturers use to open the gas door.

As @joec said, the cockpit charge port door button on the left, which is ergonomically placed close to where your hand is going to be right before you reach for the door handle to get out of the car, is an easy trouble free way to open the charge port door. In fact it’s more convenient than the pull lever near the seat that many many auto manufacturers use to open the gas door.
That works if you just get out the car but we usually plug before sleep

Sure. Then you’ve got the option of either pushing inwards the bottom right edge of the door, or using the phone app to open it. I do think it’s cool the functionality that Tesla has for their charge port door to auto open with the cable, but it’s not like the way Lucid does it, with multiple options, is any trouble.

Why not plug in sooner? You can schedule the actual charge to start at night.

Sure. Then you’ve got the option of either pushing inwards the bottom right edge of the door, or using the phone app to open it. I do think it’s cool the functionality that Tesla has for their charge port door to auto open with the cable, but it’s not like the way Lucid does it, with multiple options, is any trouble.
I got confused actually when I double clicked the charger and door didn’t open then realize it doesn’t work like that.

Why not plug in sooner? You can schedule the actual charge to start at night.
I do have that as well it’s just our nightly routing check doors locked , check alarm set , check cars charged

I do have that as well it’s just our nightly routing check doors locked , check alarm set , check cars charged
I think he means when you get home after your last drive if the day, get out, push the button as you're exiting the vehicle and plug in. Then you don't have to worry about it.

Also as for your first post in this thread, I think you're just not used to the CCS plug, you're used to NACS. So give it time and you'll get used to it. I had the same struggle st first, but I'm now used to ijr and get it first try.

I think he means when you get home after your last drive if the day, get out, push the button as you're exiting the vehicle and plug in. Then you don't have to worry about it.

Also as for your first post in this thread, I think you're just not used to the CCS plug, you're used to NACS. So give it time and you'll get used to it. I had the same struggle st first, but I'm now used to ijr and get it first try.
This is quite possible I used nacs for last 4 years

This is quite possible I used nacs for last 4 years
Wife has had issue with the CCS cables. The Lucid charger is no problem, but charging stations are difficult, particularly in the cold for her.

Thinking about the port, I wonder if the design is to eliminate the charge port door getting in the way. On any side, it could theoretically get in the way as you wrangle the heftier cords, but being flush and flat against the car moves it out of the way in almost all cases.

If we did that there would be no need for "Lucidowners.com"

Also: "Please read the manual." is archaic.
You should get with the digital age borski. There is no such thing as a manual. Did you forget that we've been in the "paperless office" since the invention of email and PDF? ... say it like this:

Please google: "how does my car work?". Get distracted by something in your peripheral; lose 6 hours of your day.
Plenty of things that aren’t in the manual are useful to discuss here.

Just because the manual is electronic doesn’t make it any less a manual.

It would save everyone here a lot of time if people would just read the damn manual, and come here for ownership discussions instead of “how do I open my charge port door” lol

Plenty of things that aren’t in the manual are useful to discuss here.

Just because the manual is electronic doesn’t make it any less a manual.

It would save everyone here a lot of time if people would just read the damn manual, and come here for ownership discussions instead of “how do I open my charge port door” lol
This post was meant to inspire how we could optimize the opening of the Charger door experience rather than ask how to open the charger door more like what can we do better with opening of the charger door.

This post was meant to inspire how we could optimize the opening of the Charger door experience rather than ask how to open the charger door more like what can we do better with opening of the charger door.
I was interested in discussing alternatives as well... At this point, this thread has completely devolved.

Might as well wait a few weeks then make a different thread with something along the lines "Charge Port Design".

I was interested in discussing alternatives as well... At this point, this thread has completely devolved.

Might as well wait a few weeks then make a different thread with something along the lines "Charge Port Design".
Without a hardware tweak there's nothing to be done than the methods already available. Each individual use case is obviously different, but, it appear that for Blueice, he just needs to figure out how to plug the j1772 plug properly with practice and the door he can open from his app before he goes into his garage or push in the bottom right corner as illustrated. Lucid will not be redesigning this in the near future unless something drastic happens, but in the 1.5 years of ownership, the charge port door has never given me an issue and I personally like the motorized version. It makes it feel more premium than just a simple hinge. All the little premium features add up to make the car feel more premium, IMO.

Without a hardware tweak there's nothing to be done than the methods already available. Each individual use case is obviously different, but, it appear that for Blueice, he just needs to figure out how to plug the j1772 plug properly with practice and the door he can open from his app before he goes into his garage or push in the bottom right corner as illustrated. Lucid will not be redesigning this in the near future unless something drastic happens, but in the 1.5 years of ownership, the charge port door has never given me an issue and I personally like the motorized version. It makes it feel more premium than just a simple hinge. All the little premium features add up to make the car feel more premium, IMO.
Agreed. My Model 3 port door always felt cheap. I was always afraid of breaking it if I touched it. The Lucid door feels a lot more premium. And I’ve had zero issues with opening it from the cockpit panel. Or from tapping the lower corner, as demoed by Bobby.

With some practice I've found "hooking up" is getting easier...and I get a tiny endorphin buzz when it clicks and lights up.
The issue is more with those heavy cables at the commercial charge stations, especially when it's cold. Also there always seems to be some kind of obstruction like a trash can or crash bars in the way of getting that hose to the port which makes it harder to align.

Charging at home is kinda fun. I still feel like I'm getting free gas!

It's been months since I needed to take our "spare" ICE car for a fill....I forgot how to do it! My local gas station closed while I was absent. Seriously, it's so cool that filling a car with gasoline has become "weird". Looking forward to the day I sell the ICE car.

Sorry, but I can produce a video with the same behavior on both side. The CCS plug is just bulkier.. but hard to plug in? No.

Also, you can just lightly push the chargeport to open. The utility button would be nice, but that’s focused more on proprietary things.

Back