I wonder if the Air's platinum 2-tone appearance is inspired from...

northernstar

Reaction score
Cars
Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
X1Z1QZTQ
(Joey's) Porsche? Lol
1000003633.webp

"It's Por-Sche!"

I think the place to look is the iconic 1957 Chevy Bel Air. Lucid has said that mid-century car design was one of the Air's chief influences, and it shows up in many elements common to the Bel Air and the Lucid Air, beginning with the "Air" name itself: the two-tone paint, the two-tone interior, the chrome-trimmed sweep of the door panels, and even the logo.

Back when our family was driving a lumpish, faded old Plymouth that drowned out in every rain storm and had one door wired shut with a coat hanger, my aunt and uncle were cruising around in their sporting 1957 Bel Air. Note even the two missile cutouts in the hood and the chrome blade across the top of the grill, both elements with echoes in the Lucid Air.

My aunt had the added coolness of being a school teacher, and it was the height of excitement for me when she would pick me up in that amazing car on Saturdays to join her for lunch downtown. I have sometimes wondered if my love affair with our red Lucid Air Dream Edition didn't begin with those long-ago Saturday outings in a Bel Air.

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 9.18.36 AM.webp

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 9.08.52 AM.webp
Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 9.06.29 AM.webp
Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 9.04.43 AM.webp

Back