I tried one of the Tesla SCs

Lucken

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Pure, BMW i4
Referral Code
97KPWDUB
Although I'm not a current owner of a Lucid, I thought this might be of some interest to the group. The only Tesla SC open to non-Teslas on L.I., and one of the few in the country, happens to be about 15 minutes from my house. So I finally thought I'd give it a try with my Electrified Genesis G80. It was extremely fast & easy with the app and the charging cable was a pleasure to use since it was far lighter and more flexible than the typical EA cables. It brought me back to the days when I owned a 2017 MS. I peaked at about 125kW, far from the theoretical 250kW, but fine for what I was doing. I was a big spender and allowed about $2 worth of electrons to flow into my G80.

It would be great if more of these units popped up, easing the strain on the poor EA 'infrastructure'
IMG_3412.jpeg

Interesting, thanks for sharing. And the placement of the charge port on your Genesis makes it rather easier to use the Tesla chargers, at least until the V4s with their longer cables come along.

I confess I also slightly miss the easy, one-handed plugging in, but after a month with the Air it's genuinely pretty much all I miss :D

Interesting, thanks for sharing. And the placement of the charge port on your Genesis makes it rather easier to use the Tesla chargers, at least until the V4s with their longer cables come along.

I confess I also slightly miss the easy, one-handed plugging in, but after a month with the Air it's genuinely pretty much all I miss :D
If you work out more you can plug in the EA plug with one hand

I wonder if they'll enable plug and charge in the future with other EVs.
I'm also curious if they might do a reservation type system like what Mercedes is planning...

If they want federal funding, they will include it. Plug and charge is part of the requirements.
Cool, I didn't know that was part of the requirements.

There is not much difference in inches between the Genesis port and the Lucid port. If you can easily reach one, you can likely easily reach the other.

I
Hood length? I would assume the lucids hood is longer, right?
don't know exact inches but I am driving a Genesis Electrified G80 right now as a loaner and the port is about 22" from a line parallel to the left front of the car. Add in the distance from that point to the Lucid port and you have the difference.

There is not much difference in inches between the Genesis port and the Lucid port. If you can easily reach one, you can likely easily reach the other.

Huh?

It looks as if the Genesis charge port is in the front grill. The Lucid port is just over 4 feet aft of the front end of the Air.

Dont forget that you have to park centered in a parking spot, so its more of a trignometry equation because if the port is on the side its harder than centered in the grill.

Yeah, Lucid's charging port location is a bit difficult sometimes. EA keeps their barriers further away from the chargers and I have to pull up more than I'm comfortable with or put the cable at a weird angle

Yeah, Lucid's charging port location is a bit difficult sometimes. EA keeps their barriers further away from the chargers and I have to pull up more than I'm comfortable with or put the cable at a weird angle

The one time I tried a ChargePoint charger (unsuccessfully), the only way the cable would reach the charge port was if I straddled two parking spaces. However, this charger was at a Harley dealership, and motorcycles would not have had a problem. But I don't know why ChargePoint would have put on a shorter cable just because of the charger's location.

Huh?

It looks as if the Genesis charge port is in the front grill. The Lucid port is just over 4 feet aft of the front end of the Air.
Correct. I think the only way it would reach the Lucid or my BMW i4, is to take up 2 spots. That would have been doable yesterday since there was only one Tesla charging, but other days not so much.

Back