I REALLY miss my car šŸ˜¢

Bunnylebowski

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT Black/Tahoe/19"
Hereā€™s a story of why the Lucid is the best car on the road. and I think the complaining about visor mirror covers and rear seatbelt alarms and stock price and no ā€œself drivingā€ is dull. A bit less than 3 weeks ago I dropped my GT off at Hollis Auto Body in Ashland Massachusetts because I was a dumb ass and scraped my bumper, frunk and wheel on the side of my house. I was relieved and also concerned to see 10 other Lucids there when I dropped it off. My insurance company cursed me with an Infiniti Q50 rental as punishment for my negligence. I deserve it, I told myself. My Lucid was wisely begging me not to crunch it, sensor alarms blaring like crazy but I was oblivious talking to a friend. So I accepted the Infiniti Q50 turd rental with 370 miles of range, and $90 to fill up with premium gas. The rear brakes were failing, the right speaker was blown, CarPlay only worked if I deleted the phone from the car every time I drove, the backup camera was impossible to see due to terrible glare on the screen at any brightness setting.

After 2 weeks with the thing I just couldnā€™t take my penance anymore, so I asked if I could return it, which was justified since the rear brakes made a horrifying grinding noise every time I touched the pedal. Enterprise rent-a-car said sure, but they didnā€™t have much, so I asked if they had anything electric, and they did have a Hyundai Kona, so I said fuck it letā€™s roll. Iā€™ve had a Tesla 3 and Polestar 2 as rentals before, so I thought how bad can it be? Letā€™s study EV diversity more! That made me miss my car even more, as the Kona is such an outdated EV idea, even though it was the same 2022 model year as the Tesla, the Polestar and Air GT. They just took a mediocre crossover and made it electric. It has less room than my wifeā€™s Subaru Impreza, the smallest car they make, even though itā€™s bigger than that car. The regen has 3 settings: Level 1 which is useless, Level 2 which is confusing, and Level 3 which is insta-vomit as it turns the accelerator pedal into a rubber band. Regen also doesnā€™t stop the car unless you hold down the left paddle on the wheel, so youā€™re just using your hand to brake instead of the pedal. Oh, and if you want to soft the car charging after you plug it inā€¦you canā€™t. It has no stop charging button, it only has a cable unlock mode which if you open the door and that mode is on, anywhere from 15 seconds to 2 minutes later the car will stop charging and release the cable. I could go on about how little sense this car makes, but I think a picture will tell the story better. I was curious about the Frunk space in the vehicle since the back hatch area was so small, so hereā€™s what you can fit in the frunkā€¦.an engine????

This evening I drove past a parked Gold DE on the way to dinner in this silly car, and that gorgeous car reminded of whatā€™s possible, and I just hope I get mine back before a road trip I have planned in 2 weeks. I owe my car an apology, Iā€™ll promise it Iā€™ll take better care of it, and not take it for granted.

Attachments

• IMG_1760.jpeg
    IMG_1760.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 301
Ah yes. I drove a Camry the first go around due to age restrictions at the rental place (under 25). Car was brand new. Noisy with an engine that tried to compensate a lack of speed for bravado. Gas guzzler too... We drove the Hyundai for any long trips, but I am pretty sure we didn't do any given the stark contrast to the Lucid.

Then I made my wife get a Tesla Model 3 Performance the second go around. Within the first ten minutes of driving, the blind spot did not activate (nearly completely wiped out a Charger). The side mirrors are practically useless. The pedal, once out of valet mode, feels like using a mouse with the sensitivity turned all the way up... Twitchy. Regen braking might as well be non-existent compared to the gut punch of a Lucid. In preparation for tomorrow, I checked the frunk (after much searching in the UI/UX, like many many other things) to stand puzzled and confused as to why I couldn't find a second opening in the tiny compartment. Add things like road noise, subpar music system, cheap feeling interior, and a dozen other irksome qualities (door handles anyone?) I am glad I did not fall into the acceleration, 0-60, tunnel vision for the Model S.

We drove our Ioniq Hybrid for an 800 mile round-trip. The car needed new tires, new brakes, and an alignment that left me feeling aged and weary by the end of each one way trip. The car was designed for mpg efficiency. It does it quite well at 55mpg, but the sacrifices of comfort, road noise, subpar music system, and other factors remind me of the cost of that efficiency (my primary reason for purchasing the car at the time).

My stepmother's convertible Miata was offered for my wife and I to take to dinner one night. I could appreciate many things about the car. Handling, speed (for the class), vision, and throttle response (between 20-60) were excellent. The suspension though felt like a kick to the groin over any rough patch or bump in the road. I felt the engine resist my heavy foot to push 85+ in the car. By the end of the night, I couldn't help but comparing to the Lucid and finding the car lacking a true driver's car persona. Much less the fact it was a two seater with us having two kids with a need for luggage space greater than a duffel bag.

Then there was my sister who offered a drive in her new RAV4. To say the least, it felt like being on a boat with the way it handled and rolled with the engine of a Prius. The sound system sounded better than the Model 3, yet it was a far cry from a Dolby Atmos experience in the Lucid. As I attempted to get the car to a 100mph, the car was capable, but the way it floated had me quickly easing off the accelerator at 95mph. The interior space felt cramped with little room for storage despite the class of the car.

All this to say, I too miss my Lucid (hopefully back next Friday). There are other cars with some great qualities and not so great. However, having experienced all the cars above in quick succession I cannot expound enough the remarkableness of the Lucid as a driver's car, a family car, an efficient cruiser, and a full size sedan with hypercar performance.

One must only be without the car, forced into another car or willingly test driving other cars, to make the minor details feel insignificant for everything the car accomplishes.

I really miss mine when I don't have access to it. As I told someone last week when I was on vacation, I've never missed my car while I was on out of town before. Never even thought about my car. But I was really happy to see it when I got back.
I still drive my old Hyundai Elantra around for short trips. I haven't take it too far since I got the GT, but I drive it a couple times a week. You know how if something is part of your life every day, after a while you stop appreciating how special it is and instead of it bringing you joy, it's just part of your routine. Right now, the Lucid is still pretty new. And I'm just super happy every time I get in it. I don't want to lose that feeling for a while.

Hereā€™s a story of why the Lucid is the best car on the road. and I think the complaining about visor mirror covers and rear seatbelt alarms and stock price and no ā€œself drivingā€ is dull. A bit less than 3 weeks ago I dropped my GT off at Hollis Auto Body in Ashland Massachusetts because I was a dumb ass and scraped my bumper, frunk and wheel on the side of my house. I was relieved and also concerned to see 10 other Lucids there when I dropped it off. My insurance company cursed me with an Infiniti Q50 rental as punishment for my negligence. I deserve it, I told myself. My Lucid was wisely begging me not to crunch it, sensor alarms blaring like crazy but I was oblivious talking to a friend. So I accepted the Infiniti Q50 turd rental with 370 miles of range, and $90 to fill up with premium gas. The rear brakes were failing, the right speaker was blown, CarPlay only worked if I deleted the phone from the car every time I drove, the backup camera was impossible to see due to terrible glare on the screen at any brightness setting.

After 2 weeks with the thing I just couldnā€™t take my penance anymore, so I asked if I could return it, which was justified since the rear brakes made a horrifying grinding noise every time I touched the pedal. Enterprise rent-a-car said sure, but they didnā€™t have much, so I asked if they had anything electric, and they did have a Hyundai Kona, so I said fuck it letā€™s roll. Iā€™ve had a Tesla 3 and Polestar 2 as rentals before, so I thought how bad can it be? Letā€™s study EV diversity more! That made me miss my car even more, as the Kona is such an outdated EV idea, even though it was the same 2022 model year as the Tesla, the Polestar and Air GT. They just took a mediocre crossover and made it electric. It has less room than my wifeā€™s Subaru Impreza, the smallest car they make, even though itā€™s bigger than that car. The regen has 3 settings: Level 1 which is useless, Level 2 which is confusing, and Level 3 which is insta-vomit as it turns the accelerator pedal into a rubber band. Regen also doesnā€™t stop the car unless you hold down the left paddle on the wheel, so youā€™re just using your hand to brake instead of the pedal. Oh, and if you want to soft the car charging after you plug it inā€¦you canā€™t. It has no stop charging button, it only has a cable unlock mode which if you open the door and that mode is on, anywhere from 15 seconds to 2 minutes later the car will stop charging and release the cable. I could go on about how little sense this car makes, but I think a picture will tell the story better. I was curious about the Frunk space in the vehicle since the back hatch area was so small, so hereā€™s what you can fit in the frunkā€¦.an engine????

This evening I drove past a parked Gold DE on the way to dinner in this silly car, and that gorgeous car reminded of whatā€™s possible, and I just hope I get mine back before a road trip I have planned in 2 weeks. I owe my car an apology, Iā€™ll promise it Iā€™ll take better care of it, and not take it for granted.

Be strong, this too shall pass.

Ah yes. I drove a Camry the first go around due to age restrictions at the rental place (under 25). Car was brand new. Noisy with an engine that tried to compensate a lack of speed for bravado. Gas guzzler too... We drove the Hyundai for any long trips, but I am pretty sure we didn't do any given the stark contrast to the Lucid.

Then I made my wife get a Tesla Model 3 Performance the second go around. Within the first ten minutes of driving, the blind spot did not activate (nearly completely wiped out a Charger). The side mirrors are practically useless. The pedal, once out of valet mode, feels like using a mouse with the sensitivity turned all the way up... Twitchy. Regen braking might as well be non-existent compared to the gut punch of a Lucid. In preparation for tomorrow, I checked the frunk (after much searching in the UI/UX, like many many other things) to stand puzzled and confused as to why I couldn't find a second opening in the tiny compartment. Add things like road noise, subpar music system, cheap feeling interior, and a dozen other irksome qualities (door handles anyone?) I am glad I did not fall into the acceleration, 0-60, tunnel vision for the Model S.

We drove our Ioniq Hybrid for an 800 mile round-trip. The car needed new tires, new brakes, and an alignment that left me feeling aged and weary by the end of each one way trip. The car was designed for mpg efficiency. It does it quite well at 55mpg, but the sacrifices of comfort, road noise, subpar music system, and other factors remind me of the cost of that efficiency (my primary reason for purchasing the car at the time).

My stepmother's convertible Miata was offered for my wife and I to take to dinner one night. I could appreciate many things about the car. Handling, speed (for the class), vision, and throttle response (between 20-60) were excellent. The suspension though felt like a kick to the groin over any rough patch or bump in the road. I felt the engine resist my heavy foot to push 85+ in the car. By the end of the night, I couldn't help but comparing to the Lucid and finding the car lacking a true driver's car persona. Much less the fact it was a two seater with us having two kids with a need for luggage space greater than a duffel bag.

Then there was my sister who offered a drive in her new RAV4. To say the least, it felt like being on a boat with the way it handled and rolled with the engine of a Prius. The sound system sounded better than the Model 3, yet it was a far cry from a Dolby Atmos experience in the Lucid. As I attempted to get the car to a 100mph, the car was capable, but the way it floated had me quickly easing off the accelerator at 95mph. The interior space felt cramped with little room for storage despite the class of the car.

All this to say, I too miss my Lucid (hopefully back next Friday). There are other cars with some great qualities and not so great. However, having experienced all the cars above in quick succession I cannot expound enough the remarkableness of the Lucid as a driver's car, a family car, an efficient cruiser, and a full size sedan with hypercar performance.

One must only be without the car, forced into another car or willingly test driving other cars, to make the minor details feel insignificant for everything the car accomplishes.
I love your description of the Tesla accelerator as a mouse with high sensitivity, everything you said is spot on. You get it. Hope your car comes back forthwith!

I feel your pain. The only rental I could get on Tuesday was a 2019 Kia Sorento. The alignment is so off you literally have to hold the wheel at a 20 degree angle to keep the car straight. And of course itā€™s been smoked in.

Thankfully it goes back tomorrow, and the Tysons folks are bringing me a loaner on Monday.

During the six weeks it took to replace our wrecked Lucid DE with another DE, I was reduced to driving our Model S Plaid or our Honda Odyssey. As the weeks wore on, I found myself opting more for the Honda than the Tesla, due mainly to three things: the Tesla's execrable steering yoke; the annoying placement of the turn signal buttons; and the fact that the car, after over a year and a half, still won't open and start consistently with the key fob, requiring that the key card be rubbed over the wireless phone charging pad to start the car.

We've now had the replacement Air for over two months, and I haven't gotten back behind the wheel -- er, yoke -- of the Tesla since except to take the car for two brief drives just to keep its systems cycled while my partner, who has become its main driver, was in Poland for a month. When we're both going somewhere together, even he now prefers to take the Lucid over the Tesla, because it's roomier, quieter, and better riding.

When you've gotten used to a Lucid Air, everything else just seems a step down.

I feel your pain. The only rental I could get on Tuesday was a 2019 Kia Sorento. The alignment is so off you literally have to hold the wheel at a 20 degree angle to keep the car straight. And of course itā€™s been smoked in.

Thankfully it goes back tomorrow, and the Tysons folks are bringing me a loaner on Monday.
Itā€™s pretty crazy, rental car companies have really gone in the toilet the last few years. Turo is a much better option, but of course mine is through insurance so I was stuck with Enterprise and their beater selection.

During the six weeks it took to replace our wrecked Lucid DE with another DE, I was reduced to driving our Model S Plaid or our Honda Odyssey. As the weeks wore on, I found myself opting more for the Honda than the Tesla, due mainly to three things: the Tesla's execrable steering yoke; the annoying placement of the turn signal buttons; and the fact that the car, after over a year and a half, still won't open and start consistently with the key fob, requiring that the key card be rubbed over the wireless phone charging pad to start the car.

We've now had the replacement Air for over two months, and I haven't gotten back behind the wheel -- er, yoke -- of the Tesla since except to take the car for two brief drives just to keep its systems cycled while my partner, who has become its main driver, was in Poland for a month. When we're both going somewhere together, even he now prefers to take the Lucid over the Tesla, because it's roomier, quieter, and better riding.

When you've gotten used to a Lucid Air, everything else just seems a step down.
Yeah I get it. My coping mechanisms were intact until I drove past that Gold Dream Edition P in the Hyundai Kona EV and was reminded of my carā€™s absence. I think itā€™s really fantastic you were able to get your DE replaced.

Yeah I get it. My coping mechanisms were intact until I drove past that Gold Dream Edition P in the Hyundai Kona EV and was reminded of my carā€™s absence. I think itā€™s really fantastic you were able to get your DE replaced.
Well, I am glad you had this experience as I now know not to look further into getting the kona ev for my son's first car.

Hope you get your car back before the trip.

Itā€™s pretty crazy, rental car companies have really gone in the toilet the last few years. Turo is a much better option, but of course mine is through insurance so I was stuck with Enterprise and their beater selection.
When my car was in the shop for a few weeks, I had to deal with Hertz, and you're right. Rental companies have really taken a nose dive. First, they put me in a cheap Hyundai SUV that was filthy inside and out. Then, when I asked if they could switch me to an EV of some sort, they gave me a Model 3 that was filthy inside and out. That car had less than 15,000 miles on it, and it creaked and rattled as if someone had taken it off-roading for a month. I had to take it to a car wash myself just so I wouldn't be sitting in a dirt-filled vehicle for weeks.

I get that a lot of people treat rental things like they don't care at all. "Not mine. Screw it." But you charge people who break your property, and you never let them rent again. Seems like there are no consequences for anything anymore.

Meanwhile, is it too much to ask these places to actually wash their cars before handing them off to you?

Well, I am glad you had this experience as I now know not to look further into getting the kona ev for my son's first car.

Hope you get your car back before the trip.
Yeah if I were to get a kid a first EV it would be a used Polestar 2 if you can find one. Good safety features, lacks the crazy acceleration, really good sensors for parking, easy to drive, makes sense as an EV and doesnā€™t seem like they just put EV tech into a mediocre gas car. I bet the Volvo XC40 is similar?

I took my GT into the Seattle Service Center yesterday for its one-year service. They had a long list of inspection items that needed to be taken care of as I haven't needed anything done to it for at least 10 months. Even then it was for a couple of minor warranty items. I had a very short list of items that needed fixing or looked at. The Funk doesn't close properly, door ajar indicator wouldn't go out without cycling or manually closing it. The toggle button to engage the "ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL/HIGHWAY ASSIST" broke off the day before. In short, the car has been very trouble free.

They gave be a rental, a Cadillac CT4. Boy, do I miss my Lucid!! The Cadillacā€™s 4-cylinder engine was noisy and had to work hard to accelerate. The overall handling was marginal. My wifeā€™s Prius performs better that the Cadillac. The service center said they will need a week to take care of everything, I hope I survive the week with the Cadillac.

I took my GT into the Seattle Service Center yesterday for its one-year service. They had a long list of inspection items that needed to be taken care of as I haven't needed anything done to it for at least 10 months. Even then it was for a couple of minor warranty items. I had a very short list of items that needed fixing or looked at. The Funk doesn't close properly, door ajar indicator wouldn't go out without cycling or manually closing it. The toggle button to engage the "ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL/HIGHWAY ASSIST" broke off the day before. In short, the car has been very trouble free.

They gave be a rental, a Cadillac CT4. Boy, do I miss my Lucid!! The Cadillacā€™s 4-cylinder engine was noisy and had to work hard to accelerate. The overall handling was marginal. My wifeā€™s Prius performs better that the Cadillac. The service center said they will need a week to take care of everything, I hope I survive the week with the Cadillac.
Lol, driving a Cadillac after the Lucid?
For sure you'll need to find some good psychiatrist.

I understand your pain so much.
I'm right now without my car and it's exactly as you've described.

The first time I was with Hertz, they gave me a Tesla Model 3, and it was horrible. The interior was cheap, simple, couldn't find anything and had to use the screen for everything even when driving which was outright dangerous because I had to take my eyes off the road continuously.
It was fatiguing. Even to change where the air points as my dad is very particular about not having air blowing on his face directly.
It took him 40 seconds to figure out the door handle where I had to just open it from the inside everytime. The ride quality felt just like my Hyundai Elantra 2013, every bump, would cause rattles and the whole car would shake. Everything was glossy, and didn't felt like it registered until I gave it a good hard press. Also why doesn't anyone talk about the rear window of the Teslas?? I can't see anything out the back from my rear view mirror because it feels SO HIGH! I had a Honda Beat behind me and I could actually barely see it. A lot of these slammed cars on the road nowadays too I can barely see from my model 3. Also parking was abysmal as it kept thinking I had semi trucks in my garage. Sensors didn't even work, no camera up front is something I will always miss. Sad...

That was the last time I rented. This time, Lucid said they'd reimburse me, and so I just went with Turo.
I'm on the lookout to buy my wife an EV, and she likes bigger cars, hence the SUV hunt.
First rental is a Ford Mach E.
You know what, I am actually pleasantly surprised with this 42k base model EV.
It charged fine, capped out I think at 10 kw on my level 2 charger where the Lucid did 19kw.
The seats in the Ford were pretty comfortable actually which was surprising. It has a tiny usable frunk, but better than nothing, I can stick a small backpack in there.
The car looks pretty damn sporty and nice which I liked, and it was comfortable and I liked the smaller footprint. The ride was a bit harsh, but what can you do at that price point. But it felt pretty much the same suspension wise to the Tesla Model Y.
The brakes on the Ford were super touchy which I didn't like, and I hated how I couldn't adjust the regen settings!! I always want super high regen after driving the Lucid.

Next up! Audi E-Tron, SUV.
The moment I got the keyfob in my hand, and tried opening the car, I knew I was in a world of pain... First off, something even the Ford Mach E did correctly, I had the key fob in my hand, tried to open the Audi E-Tron, alarm started ringing... Really? I had to lock and unlock the car every time with the fob before I opened.
Also with Ford and the Audi, 2 clicks on the fob to open trunk, NO WAY TO CLOSE IT THE SAME WAY! You have to push the button located ON the trunk which is high up. I didn't see a way to do it from the inside too. Talk about wasted potential.
Again no way to adjust the regen to the degree I wanted, it was either 'glide' just like a normal ICE car. Or small regen (which didn't feel like anything), and then hard regen which again was stupid because although it was okay, it would never come to a complete stop on its own so I always had to push the brakes the same as an ICE car.
Also talk about overengineering? There's so many buttons, and menus and stuff all over this Audi that it took me a few days to figure everything out. Also why do all of these legacy automakers have to put a START/STOP button in their cars? I'm in a EV, why do I have to start or stop it? Ridiculous.
Audi also has basically 0 space p front for the Frunk, same as all other legacy automakers.
For 75k MSRP for the Audi-E Tron, no front cameras, no 360 view, just ultrasonic sensors up front which can't do anything for the sides or the front corners of the bumpers. Thought I was going to hit my bicycle every time I pulled into the garage.
The ride for the Audi is smooth, it has air suspension so it's excellent. However, I would say it feels similar to the Lucid which is amazing the Lucid was able to have such a smooth ride on a non-air suspension. Makes me even more excited for the Gravity!
Audi doesn't have any lane centering, and its controls aren't intuitive at all, everything is deep into 5 or 6 menus including the dash in front of the steering wheel which has its own sliders for various views.
Also the Audi is only giving me 250 miles on a full charge and realistically is coming out to half of that because the efficiency is like 2.2-2.6

Next up my Enterprise has told me they have a Polestar, so I will be trying that out next!

Sorry for hijacking your thread @Bunnylebowski with the rant, but I wanted you to know I know exactly how you feel and am in the same boat, and your post gave me the perfect opportunity to also put in my perspective!

My Lucid being in the shop has given me the opportunity to see all the other EV's out there and after having driven the Tesla Model 3, S, Y, X, Ford Mach E, Kia EV6, Audi E-Tron SUV...
I MISS MY LUCID!!!

I understand your pain so much.
I'm right now without my car and it's exactly as you've described.

The first time I was with Hertz, they gave me a Tesla Model 3, and it was horrible. The interior was cheap, simple, couldn't find anything and had to use the screen for everything even when driving which was outright dangerous because I had to take my eyes off the road continuously.
It was fatiguing. Even to change where the air points as my dad is very particular about not having air blowing on his face directly.
It took him 40 seconds to figure out the door handle where I had to just open it from the inside everytime. The ride quality felt just like my Hyundai Elantra 2013, every bump, would cause rattles and the whole car would shake. Everything was glossy, and didn't felt like it registered until I gave it a good hard press. Also why doesn't anyone talk about the rear window of the Teslas?? I can't see anything out the back from my rear view mirror because it feels SO HIGH! I had a Honda Beat behind me and I could actually barely see it. A lot of these slammed cars on the road nowadays too I can barely see from my model 3. Also parking was abysmal as it kept thinking I had semi trucks in my garage. Sensors didn't even work, no camera up front is something I will always miss. Sad...

That was the last time I rented. This time, Lucid said they'd reimburse me, and so I just went with Turo.
I'm on the lookout to buy my wife an EV, and she likes bigger cars, hence the SUV hunt.
First rental is a Ford Mach E.
You know what, I am actually pleasantly surprised with this 42k base model EV.
It charged fine, capped out I think at 10 kw on my level 2 charger where the Lucid did 19kw.
The seats in the Ford were pretty comfortable actually which was surprising. It has a tiny usable frunk, but better than nothing, I can stick a small backpack in there.
The car looks pretty damn sporty and nice which I liked, and it was comfortable and I liked the smaller footprint. The ride was a bit harsh, but what can you do at that price point. But it felt pretty much the same suspension wise to the Tesla Model Y.
The brakes on the Ford were super touchy which I didn't like, and I hated how I couldn't adjust the regen settings!! I always want super high regen after driving the Lucid.

Next up! Audi E-Tron, SUV.
The moment I got the keyfob in my hand, and tried opening the car, I knew I was in a world of pain... First off, something even the Ford Mach E did correctly, I had the key fob in my hand, tried to open the Audi E-Tron, alarm started ringing... Really? I had to lock and unlock the car every time with the fob before I opened.
Also with Ford and the Audi, 2 clicks on the fob to open trunk, NO WAY TO CLOSE IT THE SAME WAY! You have to push the button located ON the trunk which is high up. I didn't see a way to do it from the inside too. Talk about wasted potential.
Again no way to adjust the regen to the degree I wanted, it was either 'glide' just like a normal ICE car. Or small regen (which didn't feel like anything), and then hard regen which again was stupid because although it was okay, it would never come to a complete stop on its own so I always had to push the brakes the same as an ICE car.
Also talk about overengineering? There's so many buttons, and menus and stuff all over this Audi that it took me a few days to figure everything out. Also why do all of these legacy automakers have to put a START/STOP button in their cars? I'm in a EV, why do I have to start or stop it? Ridiculous.
Audi also has basically 0 space p front for the Frunk, same as all other legacy automakers.
For 75k MSRP for the Audi-E Tron, no front cameras, no 360 view, just ultrasonic sensors up front which can't do anything for the sides or the front corners of the bumpers. Thought I was going to hit my bicycle every time I pulled into the garage.
The ride for the Audi is smooth, it has air suspension so it's excellent. However, I would say it feels similar to the Lucid which is amazing the Lucid was able to have such a smooth ride on a non-air suspension. Makes me even more excited for the Gravity!
Audi doesn't have any lane centering, and its controls aren't intuitive at all, everything is deep into 5 or 6 menus including the dash in front of the steering wheel which has its own sliders for various views.
Also the Audi is only giving me 250 miles on a full charge and realistically is coming out to half of that because the efficiency is like 2.2-2.6

Next up my Enterprise has told me they have a Polestar, so I will be trying that out next!

Sorry for hijacking your thread @Bunnylebowski with the rant, but I wanted you to know I know exactly how you feel and am in the same boat, and your post gave me the perfect opportunity to also put in my perspective!

My Lucid being in the shop has given me the opportunity to see all the other EV's out there and after having driven the Tesla Model 3, S, Y, X, Ford Mach E, Kia EV6, Audi E-Tron SUV...
I MISS MY LUCID!!!
I actually like hearing these accounts, weā€™re all on this together haha. Iā€™m curious what youā€™ll think of the Polestar 2. It has some issues, the huge center console is baffling cuz it takes up so much space and is useless, but the UI is very clean and simple, Google maps integration is excellent and the park sensors are very good even though you donā€™t have a front camera. You need the pilot package though to get blind spot monitoring which is a big miss. It rides better than the model 3 too, although unless the battery has a lot of charge the acceleration is disappointing. Itā€™s still a dull car compared to the wonder of the Lucid, but I respect Polestar for making a true EV from the ground up and doing a decent job on their first effort, and itā€™s pretty clever in a lot of ways and provides a nice alternative to the XBox microscopic single screen cluttered interface of the Tesla.

Yes. We've been spoiled.
It's just like that first EV years ago, a high mileage LEAF that I actually bought as a joke. After commuting in it for a week everything else felt old-fashioned and somehow unfinished. Now Lucid has set that hook even deeper. If I suddenly couldn't have a Lucid for some reason I know any replacement would be a disappointment.

Yes. We've been spoiled.
It's just like that first EV years ago, a high mileage LEAF that I actually bought as a joke. After commuting in it for a week everything else felt old-fashioned and somehow unfinished. Now Lucid has set that hook even deeper. If I suddenly couldn't have a Lucid for some reason I know any replacement would be a disappointment.
I wonder how many people on this world would buy a car as a joke lol

Back