I don't understand Tidal interface

mraschko

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Air Touring; Audi Q7
I don't understand Lucid's music interface. When I'm in Tidal (I think this is true of Spotify too, but haven't confirmed) and I search for an artist (let's say U2), I get U2 as a result. I would think that tapping on this would give me a view of U2 albums and songs, but no it just starts playing U2 music. If I do the same search, but then tap albums, I would think I would get a list of all the U2 albums that Tidal has. Nope. It gives me a few, but not all in Tidal's catalog. There doesn't seem to be a way, through Lucid's UI, to search on an artist and get a list of all the albums by that artist. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

I don't understand Lucid's music interface. When I'm in Tidal (I think this is true of Spotify too, but haven't confirmed) and I search for an artist (let's say U2), I get U2 as a result. I would think that tapping on this would give me a view of U2 albums and songs, but no it just starts playing U2 music. If I do the same search, but then tap albums, I would think I would get a list of all the U2 albums that Tidal has. Nope. It gives me a few, but not all in Tidal's catalog. There doesn't seem to be a way, through Lucid's UI, to search on an artist and get a list of all the albums by that artist. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Tidal interface is terrible. Spotify is better but the quality of the stream is not as good.

Thanks in advance!
Agreed, this is confusing, and I was expecting the same thing you were expecting.

My solution was to use the phone app for Tidal to favorite albums I want to listen to ahead of time. Then, in the My Collection section of the car’s app, I can actually see the individual albums I have favorited and play them from there.

Adding on to this earlier thread, has anyone come up with a good way to preset some music for listening in Tidal on your drive? I've found the Tidal interface very unfriendly for finding content, let alone trying to do it while driving. It's no better in our other high tech car, so I don't feel like it's a Lucid problem. However, the Tidal audio is notably better quality and I'd love to be able to listen in the Lucid without needing to pre-plan too much of my content. As an example of problematic interface, I've found that even my custom playlists are difficult to find in the mobile app, even using CarPlay with pre-downloaded content.

Maybe I'm just doing this wrong? Thanks for any insights and suggestions!

Adding on to this earlier thread, has anyone come up with a good way to preset some music for listening in Tidal on your drive? I've found the Tidal interface very unfriendly for finding content, let alone trying to do it while driving. It's no better in our other high tech car, so I don't feel like it's a Lucid problem. However, the Tidal audio is notably better quality and I'd love to be able to listen in the Lucid without needing to pre-plan too much of my content. As an example of problematic interface, I've found that even my custom playlists are difficult to find in the mobile app, even using CarPlay with pre-downloaded content.

Maybe I'm just doing this wrong? Thanks for any insights and suggestions!
Are you talking about using the native Tidal app in the car, or CarPlay?

For the native app, I set all my playlists, favorites, etc. in the phone app. I usually just tap through the menus to get to whatever I'm looking for in the car app. It's definitely clunky, but blame that on Tidal, not Lucid - I'm fairly certain the app programming was done by Tidal themselves.

I'm not thrilled by either the Tidal app in the car or the one in iOS that runs through CarPlay, and I agree that it's not Lucid's issue to fix. The car app lacks a search feature, so I'd like to find a way to locate artists or albums more quickly than scrolling through pages of suggested stations and playlists.

Maybe my problem is that I haven't attempted to setup a profile in the iOS app, so the in-car app just defaults to whatever Tidal uses as a generic home screen. I'll have to spend some time setting things up, but was hoping for a magic answer that made the interface more driver-friendly.

I'm not thrilled by either the Tidal app in the car or the one in iOS that runs through CarPlay, and I agree that it's not Lucid's issue to fix. The car app lacks a search feature, so I'd like to find a way to locate artists or albums more quickly than scrolling through pages of suggested stations and playlists.
The Tidal app in the car does have a search bar. Right at the top of the pilot panel. The search isn't fantastic, but it does work.
Maybe my problem is that I haven't attempted to setup a profile in the iOS app, so the in-car app just defaults to whatever Tidal uses as a generic home screen. I'll have to spend some time setting things up, but was hoping for a magic answer that made the interface more driver-friendly.
Yes, what I would recommend is finding music on your phone and adding it to playlists. Then your playlists will show up in "my content" in the car. I keep a "To Listen" playlist going where I just stick music that I want to listen to in the car. If I like it, I move it to a big playlist of all the stuff I want to shuffle in the car. If not, I remove it.

The Tidal app in the car does have a search bar. Right at the top of the pilot panel. The search isn't fantastic, but it does work.

Yes, what I would recommend is finding music on your phone and adding it to playlists. Then your playlists will show up in "my content" in the car. I keep a "To Listen" playlist going where I just stick music that I want to listen to in the car. If I like it, I move it to a big playlist of all the stuff I want to shuffle in the car. If not, I remove it.
Thank you for that.
Maybe, finally, I'll start using it.

It’s a shitty interface overall. Just accept it and move on.
LOL. I agree, but I'm debating whether to pay the $14 a month for a Tidal subscription in addition to Sirius XM. At the moment I'm leaning toward buying an equivalent amount of HD music and adding it to my USB stick. Thanks for the feedback, though. I'll continue the trial for a bit and see if the experience improves after making some playlists. I'll have to look for the search bar when the car isn't in motion.

Get the usb stick and it will get better.

Back