Hunting wild Lucid Airs

Have you spotted your first wild Air?

• Yup!

Votes: 183 59.4%
  • Maybe? Wasn't sure.

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Nope! Still looking!

Votes: 50 16.2%
  • I'm the wild Air you're hunting! (owner)

Votes: 72 23.4%

• Total voters
With the power failures in SD during the recent little tropical storm, many are rethinking the reliance on electricity.
That doesn't really make any sense. If there's a power failure, you're not going to be pumping gas either. So unless you're storing gallons of gas in your garage, you only have the range of your car. The GT will go 150 miles further on a full charge than either of my ICE cars will on a full tank of gas.
But if everyone in CA had an EV, I don't think the power grid is strong enough to handle it. So it's probably good for now that there are alternatives.

That doesn't really make any sense. If there's a power failure, you're not going to be pumping gas either. So unless you're storing gallons of gas in your garage, you only have the range of your car. The GT will go 150 miles further on a full charge than either of my ICE cars will on a full tank of gas.
But if everyone in CA had an EV, I don't think the power grid is strong enough to handle it. So it's probably good for now that there are alternatives.
I think EVs will help the power grid. We do need to get V2G working, but imagine the help the grid would get if people were able to plug their cars in at work and feed the grid when the grid needs help and charge at home when the grid is less taxed.

Now back on topic, not me but a fellow co-Volunteer and Lucid owner spotted a wine color Lucid in our parking lot, the VA Golf Course in Lakewood, WA

Finally spotted one!

Or it spotted me...I was washing my Lucid in the driveway, when I noticed someone approaching. Thought it might be the mail or a delivery, but when I glanced out in the road, there was a silver Air GT sitting there.

She has had the AGT for over a year and only lives a few miles away, but I have never seen her before. Someone had told her about my AT and she was driving around in search of "Lucids in the wild" and found one!

Finally spotted one!

Or it spotted me...I was washing my Lucid in the driveway, when I noticed someone approaching. Thought it might be the mail or a delivery, but when I glanced out in the road, there was a silver Air GT sitting there.

She has had the AGT for over a year and only lives a few miles away, but I have never seen her before. Someone had told her about my AT and she was driving around in search of "Lucids in the wild" and found one!

I just found one in my neighborhood this week. I’ve been passing his driveway daily hoping to catch him coming out to give him compliment of his ZR 21” look exactly like mine. 🤣

Finally spotted one!

City and state please; just to reference if it is near me...

I have driven my Lucid almost 7000 miles over 28 states during the last month and have seen exactly ONE Lucid at a charging station in NY during that trip. Had a lot of compliments and questions during that time at the charging stations. Many have said that mine was the first Lucid they had seen. Unfortunately, outside of CA, I would have to say they are practically non-existent.

Lol, what? As someone who does not live in CA, I can assure you that your last statement is inaccurate. I have met at least 7 Lucid owners, all different owners, at EA charging stations located in Nevada and Arizona. I would say on average I meet a new owner every 3 times I charge. Heck, I met a new owner today at 7:15am.

Besides charging stations, I have seen 3 Lucid's in the wild, within a 5 minute drive from my home and another one within a 20 minute drive. I don't live in CA, and I don't even drive frequently. So, I guess maybe you haven't been that fortunate yourself but I can assure you they (we) are out there. Would I like to see more, of course, but let's try be more thoughtful when making sweeping statements.

Lol, what? As someone who does not live in CA, I can assure you that your last statement is inaccurate. I have met at least 7 Lucid owners, all different owners, at EA charging stations located in Nevada and Arizona. I would say on average I meet a new owner every 3 times I charge. Heck, I met a new owner today at 7:15am.

Besides charging stations, I have seen 3 Lucid's in the wild, within a 5 minute drive from my home and another one within a 20 minute drive. I don't live in CA, and I don't even drive frequently. So, I guess maybe you haven't been that fortunate yourself but I can assure you they (we) are out there. Would I like to see more, of course, but let's try be more thoughtful when making sweeping statements.
I live in northern Ohio & was out one day letting my nephew drive the Lucid on a back road in the suburbs & he asked how many I'd seen around Ohio. I told him I didn't think there were any in our area & right on cue another Lucid passed us. We had a good laugh & I've since seen two more in our area since. My mobile tech, who lives 5 miles from me, confirmed there are a few in our area now.

Waved at a Zenith Red GT on 21s on Rt 9 in NH yesterday, around 2.30pm. Anyone here?

I think EVs will help the power grid. We do need to get V2G working, but imagine the help the grid would get if people were able to plug their cars in at work and feed the grid when the grid needs help and charge at home when the grid is less taxed.
PG&E be like you want to push something onto our grid? here's a charge for you.

Beeped at one today coming out of an adjacent neighborhood; first one in blue moon that I saw and first ever close to home; 😀 Lacey WA

Spotted a Zenith Red passing on a cross street today at 12:30 in downtown Highland Park, IL. Elm Place and 1st Ave

Anyone on this forum by chance?

Come on man. We have threads for the "The future is DOOOOOM!" talk. See the fairly successful promotion period thread as the small spark of light in the eternal darkness of your outlook and concern for the company: https://lucidowners.com/threads/significant-price-drop.6367/

I have only spotted two Lucids in the wild. One in Sacramento, CA. One at a charging station in TN. Hope to spot the owner of a white one in Augusta, GA.

Still hunting for the custom stealth black Lucid here in Huntsville, AL.
Curious where and when you saw a black custom stealth Lucid in H'ville... We drove our black AT with a custom chrome delete round trip from Dallas to H'ville in July for a HS reunion. While we primarily were in the downtown area, I did take my wife site seeing to check out some of my old haunts...

Curious where and when you saw a black custom stealth Lucid in H'ville... We drove our black AT with a custom chrome delete round trip from Dallas to H'ville in July for a HS reunion. While we primarily were in the downtown area, I did take my wife site seeing to check out some of my old haunts...
Did you need a tire replaced by chance? I've only heard of the car through secondhand accounts.

I’m just saying what I see - 9000 miles in 28 states and saw exactly 1 Lucid on the road. However, I did see 18 Lucids on three different car carriers on the 8 freeway west of Casa Grande, heading in the direction to San Diego, CA

Back