Hummer EV: Look on the bright side

Well, steroids are never good.
1702526829378.png

The jury is still out.

The Good:
Tech is great. I really like Super Cruise.
Android Auto works very well although GM is abandoning it and CarPlay.
It's fast for such a big vehicle and handles well.

The Bad:
Terribly inefficient, 1.4-1.6mi/kWh, but that was expected.
Tall step up to get in and out.
Very high belt-line, like the Lucid, so hard to see cars in your blind spots.
Very wide, so hard to get into the garage.
It's not a luxury vehicle at all nor is it intended to be.

Bottom line, I want an EV Navigator or maybe the EV Escalade.

Past weekend, I was being driven around in ICE Escalade. I think I will like Navigator EV if it ever comes out with captain chairs. At this point, I just like Rivian software and already 12K miles in.

I just asked the same thing on the other thread ..

hmm .. so, are you saying that you might get rid of the Hummer? .. as I mentioned in my other post, my wife is starting to rethink the Hummer .. especially because of the fear of having to park it in shopping centers/malls parking lots. I cancelled her Volvo reservation this morning (too small, a bit pricey for what you get, and it won't come in until 2025), the Rivian will never come, so may have to go w/ another ICE large SUV for her.
It’s crazy Rivian is building plant in Georgia, yet you can’t get one in North Carolina. Have you consider buying it online auction? I got Rivian finally called me to configure last month (18 months wait), but I see they took away quad motor, compass yellow and some features that I originally wanted as option, I passed in anticipation of Gravity and CyberTruck.

The more I think about CyberTruck, the more I have doubt about its practicality. that 2nd row low roofline is just not comfortable unlike F250. Range is sadly low for any real world use of towing. No need Tri-motor to drive like hyper sportscar. Coefficient drag is bad, frunk is lacking for just couple couch pillows. Only plus side is that 18.5” screen and FSD.

I am spoiled by the Navigator. It is just a great vehicle for me but I do love EVs so, I'm not sure what I want to do. One of our boys wants to see the Hummer and I might give it to him or sell it. The good news is that they are holding their value, for the moment.

It depends on GM ramping up capability. R1S was fetching as high as 140k last year, now at 85~90k. I’ve seen Hummer EV pick up went from 260k to now 110~130k. It’s a strange beast of its own world.

It’s crazy Rivian is building plant in Georgia, yet you can’t get one in North Carolina. Have you consider buying it online auction? I got Rivian finally called me to configure last month (18 months wait), but I see they took away quad motor, compass yellow and some features that I originally wanted as option, I passed in anticipation of Gravity and CyberTruck.

The more I think about CyberTruck, the more I have doubt about its practicality. that 2nd row low roofline is just not comfortable unlike F250. Range is sadly low for any real world use of towing. No need Tri-motor to drive like hyper sportscar. Coefficient drag is bad, frunk is lacking for just couple couch pillows. Only plus side is that 18.5” screen and FSD.
We gave up our Volvo EX90 reservation as there's no upside in keeping it (when it's out, my wife "may" look at it and decide then). W/ the R1S, I refuse to have to go through hoops and "shenanigans" to get one. We got the Lucid and Fisker delivered w/o issue (and, in Lucid's case, serviced w/o problem), so a bit frustrated w/ the 2.5+yrs of hoping for the R1S, but willing to "let it ride" for now.

The Hummer SUV is just a BEAST and looks awesome, but wife is worried about practicality. I have no plans to get rid of my F150, so we'll have to make a decision soon 😟

Prednisolone would like a word with you
Well, we have as slight problem here, i.e., the steroid used for power enhancement or muscle development can potentially lead to liver cancer.
When this complication arises, all the muscle mass is just not worth it.

Last edited:
Well, we have as slight problem here, i.e., the steroid used for power enhancement or muscle development can potentially lead to liver cancer.
When this complication arises, all the muscle mass is just not worth it.
I agree - I was making a joke. Prednisone is a corticosteroid, not an anabolic steroid.

I agree - I was making a joke. Prednisone is a corticosteroid, not an anabolic steroid.
Yep, knew you're joking, but I just didn't want to leave out any hanging chads in case younger members of the forum come across the thread.

Do you know what hanging chads are?
In this context(not the '00 elections), I'd guess with context clues that it means something close to information or disclaimers(to cover anything generally, probably just loose ends). I'm not really good at explaining the definition of a word to others even though my brain knows it though!

In this context(not the '00 elections), I'd guess with context clues that it means something close to information or disclaimers(to cover anything generally, probably just loose ends). I'm not really good at explaining the definition of a word to others even though my brain knows it though!
There are many good writers on this forum (to make up for my illiteracy), and if one pays attention, one can improve the language skills quite a bit.
When these guys get deep into a discussion, their reasoning and explanation are quite cogent and lucid, pun intended.
If you want to go one step further, one option is to read a book by William Safire where he actually analyzes the best historical speeches and explains why.
For full disclosure, I have to tell you also that I made my son read Safire's work, and he went on with 2 Stanford degrees, but sometimes what he says still sounds like crap to me.
Probably generation gap :)

There are many good writers on this forum (to make up for my illiteracy), and if one pays attention, one can improve the language skills quite a bit.
When these guys get deep into a discussion, their reasoning and explanation are quite cogent and lucid, pun intended.
If you want to go one step further, one option is to read a book by William Safire where he actually analyzes the best historical speeches and explains why.
For full disclosure, I have to tell you also that I made my son read Safire's work, and he went on with 2 Stanford degrees, but sometimes what he says still sounds like crap to me.
Probably generation gap :)
Are you talking about “Lend me your ears?” Read that in 7th grade!

And the various groups of nerds on this forum is amazing. You can get into a debate about engineering, software, the driving experience, literally anything, and ALL of those debates will be wonderfully captivating!

Are you talking about “Lend me your ears?” Read that in 7th grade!

And the various groups of nerds on this forum is amazing. You can get into a debate about engineering, software, the driving experience, literally anything, and ALL of those debates will be wonderfully captivating!
Yes, that's the book.
7th grade! You must've attended a special school/track.
This book was not on the required list for our son back then.

Yes, that's the book.
7th grade! You must've attended a special school/track.
This book was not on the required list for our son back then.
Perfectly normal public school.. you dont have to only read required books!

I probably have cbrs, chronic book reading syndrome lol considering how many I read just for fun. Also an early reader so maybe that’s a factor?

I didn’t really prefer the book in question because I prefer analyzing things/formulating opinions myself instead of having somebody else do it for me. Great speeches always come naturally and you should never feel like you are on a script IMO. Different viewpoints are always better though, which is the only reason I read it once every year or so.

Last edited:
Perfectly normal public school.. you dont have to only read required books!

I probably have cbrs, chronic book reading syndrome lol considering how many I read just for fun. Also an early reader so maybe that’s a factor?

I didn’t really prefer the book in question because I prefer analyzing things/formulating opinions myself instead of having somebody else do it for me. Great speeches always come naturally and you should never feel like you are on a script IMO. Different viewpoints are always better though, which is the only reason I read it once every year or so.
I really like your attitude.
Keep it up and you'll go very far.

Back