Hummer EV: Look on the bright side

I moved my reservation to a dealer that claims that they will not mark it up but I have my doubts.
Now I want 1. I doubt I will get R1S or CyberTruck in next 2 years. This Hummer look more fun than those 2. I hope I see someone bring in Hummer EV at LaCenterra show tomorrow.

Now I want 1. I doubt I will get R1S or CyberTruck in next 2 years. This Hummer look more fun than those 2. I hope I see someone bring in Hummer EV at LaCenterra show tomorrow.
I have a Hummer pickup reservation also, but it won't fit in the garage!

Ditto!

Got the reservation confirmation:
Hummer EV 2x SUV
Production: Spring 2023

back when I ordered it in April .. and haven't heard a peep from them since.

Which is about as good as Rivian's decision to put me in "limbo status" after their April email letting me know I'd get my R1S in 1st half of 2023. ... now .. not sure IF I'll even get one.

I've said it before .. I've gained a LOT of respect for Lucid over these past few weeks and I can't say enough about how helpful this forum has been.

Ditto!

Got the reservation confirmation:
Hummer EV 2x SUV
Production: Spring 2023

back when I ordered it in April .. and haven't heard a peep from them since.

Which is about as good as Rivian's decision to put me in "limbo status" after their April email letting me know I'd get my R1S in 1st half of 2023. ... now .. not sure IF I'll even get one.

I've said it before .. I've gained a LOT of respect for Lucid over these past few weeks and I can't say enough about how helpful this forum has been.
Has your Hummer dealer said what the markup will be?

Rivian has already told me that my R1S will be in 2024 production. "IF" I get the Hummer, then I will cancel the Rivian.

I’m going to GMC dealership to get more info soon.

Has your Hummer dealer said what the markup will be?

Rivian has already told me that my R1S will be in 2024 production. "IF" I get the Hummer, then I will cancel the Rivian.
I never heard back from my dealership (except right after the reservation when they confirmed they were the dealership). Haven't heard anything from either GMC or the dealership since then (May).

Ironically, I placed the Hummer reservation when Rivian told me that my R1S would be due in 1st half of 2023 (waiting since mid 2021). Now, 6 months later, Rivian has told me that they cannot deliver the R1S (due to lack of Service Centers near me) and has put me off indefinitely. Same as you, "IF the Hummer comes in .. and dealership isn't greedy, I'll take delivery of that and cancel my R1S. In the meantime, my wife is fuming .. she's still driving her 100K+ mi SUV and waiting.

I’m going to GMC dealership to get more info soon.
Curious to see if you went to the dealership (and whether or not they gave you any info).

Curious to see if you went to the dealership (and whether or not they gave you any info).
Not yet, I got sidetracked to go to Austin Electrify Expo and disappointedly didn’t see any GM and Ford previewing their EVs. My buddy just bought a R1T in Dallas. The more I think about practicality, the more I lean away thinking about Hummer EV. I don’t think my wife and son will bother, only me driving. If I get R1S, everyone will fight for that car. So for now, I just stick with R1S and hoping Gravity can push faster. Seriously Hummer EV is 3~4+ years away with their progress.

I just went to GMC dealer and got back this silly info. Salesman has no clue.

“You have to order this online than come back here to get pick up?”

“How fast is order to delivery?”

“6 to 8 months. All information is online.”

Ok, I think I wasted a trip.

I just went to GMC dealer and got back this silly info. Salesman has no clue.

“You have to order this online than come back here to get pick up?”

“How fast is order to delivery?”

“6 to 8 months. All information is online.”

Ok, I think I wasted a trip.
Not sure which part of that last statement is worse ..

"6-8 months" for delivery .. .YEAH!! RIGHT!
or
"All Information is online" .. YEAH RIGHT!

yup .. sounds like a waste of time .. thanks for trying

Not sure which part of that last statement is worse ..

"6-8 months" for delivery .. .YEAH!! RIGHT!
or
"All Information is online" .. YEAH RIGHT!

yup .. sounds like a waste of time .. thanks for trying
My Hummer SUV is scheduled for "Early 2023" and the dealer said that their policy is not to sell over MSRP BUT they can add lots of extras that I don't want. If the economy tanks then maybe that will have a harder time doing that. Maybe.

My Hummer SUV is scheduled for "Early 2023" and the dealer said that their policy is not to sell over MSRP BUT they can add lots of extras that I don't want. If the economy tanks then maybe that will have a harder time doing that. Maybe.
So, what do you think about your new toy?

The jury is still out.

The Good:
Tech is great. I really like Super Cruise.
Android Auto works very well although GM is abandoning it and CarPlay.
It's fast for such a big vehicle and handles well.

The Bad:
Terribly inefficient, 1.4-1.6mi/kWh, but that was expected.
Tall step up to get in and out.
Very high belt-line, like the Lucid, so hard to see cars in your blind spots.
Very wide, so hard to get into the garage.
It's not a luxury vehicle at all nor is it intended to be.

Bottom line, I want an EV Navigator or maybe the EV Escalade.

The jury is still out.

The Good:

The Bad:

Sounds like this is for a niche market.
I’d test driven the ICE Hummer way back when it was still being made and just can’t remember if it was difficult to get in/out.

I just asked the same thing on the other thread ..
The jury is still out.

The Good:

The Bad:

hmm .. so, are you saying that you might get rid of the Hummer? .. as I mentioned in my other post, my wife is starting to rethink the Hummer .. especially because of the fear of having to park it in shopping centers/malls parking lots. I cancelled her Volvo reservation this morning (too small, a bit pricey for what you get, and it won't come in until 2025), the Rivian will never come, so may have to go w/ another ICE large SUV for her.

I just asked the same thing on the other thread ..

hmm .. so, are you saying that you might get rid of the Hummer? .. as I mentioned in my other post, my wife is starting to rethink the Hummer .. especially because of the fear of having to park it in shopping centers/malls parking lots. I cancelled her Volvo reservation this morning (too small, a bit pricey for what you get, and it won't come in until 2025), the Rivian will never come, so may have to go w/ another ICE large SUV for her.
I am spoiled by the Navigator. It is just a great vehicle for me but I do love EVs so, I'm not sure what I want to do. One of our boys wants to see the Hummer and I might give it to him or sell it. The good news is that they are holding their value, for the moment.

Sounds like this is for a niche market.
I’d test driven the ICE Hummer way back when it was still being made and just can’t remember if it was difficult to get in/out.
It's a Jeep on steroids and I am not a Jeep fan.

Back