How Old Are You In Years…Not In Attitude?

How Old Are You Oh Intrepid EV Driver?

• Total voters
All I’m saying is thanks for unlocking a new level of anxiety for me 😬
So just buy a Lucid Air cat like the rest of us do.
or a bear!

poster,504x498,f8f8f8-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Add it to the accessories section; “A fresh lucid calico cat ready to catch any unwanted rodents”
I'm screaming here!!! 🤣🤣 But, it's true. A former BMW Service Manager told me they had a steady stream of cable harness repairs/replacements from field mice snacking. It was a real money maker for them. Happened to me on a Lexus I had covered for the winter. They enjoyed themselves, for sure.

Have not experienced them inside the vehicle cabin, however (and hope not to!). The shredded tissue is a definitive sign! Ugh.

I'm screaming here!!! 🤣🤣 But, it's true. A former BMW Service Manager told me they had a steady stream of cable harness repairs/replacements from field mice snacking. It was a real money maker for them. Happened to me on a Lexus I had covered for the winter. They enjoyed themselves, for sure.

Have not experienced them inside the vehicle cabin, however (and hope not to!). The shredded tissue is a definitive sign! Ugh.
1703438521391.png

All I’m saying is thanks for unlocking a new level of anxiety for me 😬
I know! WTF this is stressing me the hell out!

The key is the size of it's skull. That's the limit. The whiskers detect micro air flow, exposing cracks and holes. If you see cats hanging around you have them. They will enter any air intake and vent. They will chew anything. They love, and are attracted to, wiring insulation...you can bait your traps with it. They carry and are essential for the Lyme bacterium life cycle. Same tick as on White Tailed deer. Both are common in NE. White-footed mice are a health and fire hazard.

There is never one.

I've snapped 21 since November. I have snap traps along every garage wall inside and out. peanut butter.
Don't use poison

It's definitely a thing here too. My sister had to redo half the wiring under the hood of her Bolt twice because rats chewed it up. Around $2K each time. She set up this elaborate system of lights and Irish Spring soap in her driveway to keep them away at night. But it took a while to set up and take down when she needed to drive. So I guess after a while, they finally cleared out enough space in the garage for her to park inside. The dealer told her the newer wiring is made from a soy derivative instead of petroleum based like older wiring. So for the rats, it actually has nutritional value.

You need a cat that can take care of things and then walk away smugly.

Attachments

• IMG_20150802_151813.jpg
    IMG_20150802_151813.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
This is freaking me the hell out!!
The picture is disturbing. If it was in my car, I'd be really freaked out. I'd be doing a full inspection before getting into it every time and still probably wouldn't feel good driving it. But yeah, how on earth is it getting into the car? Or is @inthewoods catching it someplace else and moving it to the car to freak us out?
Poor little guy. He’s so cute!
He's not that cute!

I live in the woods so this is their habitat. I guess they're just Lucid fanboys (fanmice?).

Got another one (white-footed; same as photo) today in the garage. I don't know how old it was. Bought more traps.

oh, and a few days ago I found one out on the lawn. One front leg was trapped. I don't know if it did a three-legged race from the garage or some cat or fox got to it. Tough way to go. I'm wondering if I should try baiting the traps with car wire ?

I have a soft spot for all rodents. I think it’s adorable.

Back