How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

How Much Range Are You Actually Getting?

• 100% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • 90% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 22 7.9%
  • 80% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 108 38.8%
  • 70% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 96 34.5%
  • 60% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 50% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • 40% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 30% Of Estimated Range

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Your Lucid is WAY BETTER looking! I think the EQS looks like a VW passat.
I think that the AMG EQS looks better than the Lucid on the outside, but the Lucid interior looks better.

I think that the AMG EQS looks better than the Lucid on the outside, but the Lucid interior looks better.
May I ask, what your favorite brand of soap is, sir? 🤔

I’m around 1000 miles now and I’m averaging 340-360 miles on a full range. The range estimator is honestly inaccurate. Most of what I’m getting seems to orbit the same range I was getting on my 580 eqs.
Side note, when talking towards range I highly recommend not using the estimated mi/kWh as a reference. It’s pretty simple to do percentage math and quickly identify how misleading it is. (Or blantantly wrong) note this is from a 100% charge.

Attachments

• EC7245AC-8312-4310-85A9-2395E63E5C9E.jpeg
    EC7245AC-8312-4310-85A9-2395E63E5C9E.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 111
  • 6D9CDF66-E1B3-4BCF-98C6-8D9D872F2F3B.jpeg
    6D9CDF66-E1B3-4BCF-98C6-8D9D872F2F3B.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Yesterday I went from Lake Havasu AZ to LA
I charged in Needles CA to 80% or 372 Miles of range and drove with the cruise set at 70 for 150 Miles....
To my surprise I was down to 120 Miles of range loosing an additional 100 Miles.
I did have a strong head wind........ I hope this is not the real world Usage.
I read in many tests conducted that you only get the max range on any EV in stop and go traffic and on highway the best range is at 50 to 55mph. It does take the fun out of driving but here are my personal range numbers with a 2006 Lexus LS430 with 90k miles and 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited FWD with 120k miles. On I-5 between the Bay area and Pasadena, LA 340 mile stretch when I drove 10mph over the limit of 65 to 70, I had to stop for gas at 300miles in both of them. When I drove at or 5 mph below the speed limit, I had 100 miles range left after driving 340 miles. I was able to stop at nice rest areas and packed my own food and coffee. It was so relaxing. No need to look in the rear view mirror for a cop. I plan to try the same thing when I get my Air Pure AWD and report here. BTW AC was set to 75F in all the drives. 2 people with carryon bags and 2 70lb dogs was the load.

Side note, when talking towards range I highly recommend not using the estimated mi/kWh as a reference. It’s pretty simple to do percentage math and quickly identify how misleading it is. (Or blantantly wrong) note this is from a 100% charge.
Another few pictures farther into the trip. You can basically see the average is slightly more than 300 miles on a full charge here. This is ridiculously against the estimates Which are providing almost 300 miles remaining 🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• DE05ABD7-E1D4-461F-9768-916ECE7567DC.jpeg
    DE05ABD7-E1D4-461F-9768-916ECE7567DC.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 89
  • 1658E2BC-50CD-4580-9747-7EB0013E70ED.jpeg
    1658E2BC-50CD-4580-9747-7EB0013E70ED.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 93
I read in many tests conducted that you only get the max range on any EV in stop and go traffic and on highway the best range is at 50 to 55mph. It does take the fun out of driving but here are my personal range numbers with a 2006 Lexus LS430 with 90k miles and 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited FWD with 120k miles. On I-5 between the Bay area and Pasadena, LA 340 mile stretch when I drove 10mph over the limit of 65 to 70, I had to stop for gas at 300miles in both of them. When I drove at or 5 mph below the speed limit, I had 100 miles range left after driving 340 miles. I was able to stop at nice rest areas and packed my own food and coffee. It was so relaxing. No need to look in the rear view mirror for a cop. I plan to try the same thing when I get my Air Pure AWD and report here. BTW AC was set to 75F in all the drives. 2 people with carryon bags and 2 70lb dogs was the load.
I actually feel like this car does best at 65- 70 mph.

Just finished my short trip. Total distance was 727 miles using a calculated 170.24 kWh based on % used Between charges. Calculated efficiency was 4.27 or ~478 miles on a full charge. Car efficiency was showing 4.3 on the legs after charging so the calculated vs car computer are in sync. At 93% of the EPA range while staying cool in the car despite up to 102F temperatures outside, going 70-75 when traffic allowed with the ACC on and using the massage seats, I was more than pleased with the results.

This is in start contrast to my ‘non-trip‘ efficiency of about 3 to 3.2 miles / kWh, or around 65% of EPA. The daily driving has A LOT of vampire drain while the car is parked and the BMS fans run after short trips.

So what is the real efficiency? I’m at a 3.4 miles/kWh for the life of the car or 74% of the EPA. It all depends on what percentage of time I am using it on trips, I guess, but I have a lot more confidence in the range than I did a few days ago.

Just finished my short trip. Total distance was 727 miles using a calculated 170.24 kWh based on % used Between charges. Calculated efficiency was 4.27 or ~478 miles on a full charge. Car efficiency was showing 4.3 on the legs after charging so the calculated vs car computer are in sync. At 93% of the EPA range while staying cool in the car despite up to 102F temperatures outside, going 70-75 when traffic allowed with the ACC on and using the massage seats, I was more than pleased with the results.

This is in start contrast to my ‘non-trip‘ efficiency of about 3 to 3.2 miles / kWh, or around 65% of EPA. The daily driving has A LOT of vampire drain while the car is parked and the BMS fans run after short trips.

So what is the real efficiency? I’m at a 3.4 miles/kWh for the life of the car or 74% of the EPA. It all depends on what percentage of time I am using it on trips, I guess, but I have a lot more confidence in the range than I did a few days ago.
Damn this is encouraging and frankly I'm relieved you were able to get such results!

I’ve hit 4.4 mi/kWh going within 5mph of the speed limit. If it was a relatively flat surface like Tom Mologhney test I’m 100% confident I could hit 500 miles range. But why would you want to drive like that? Better to have fun with the car since it still has enough range to get you to plan B charger if plan A didn’t work out.

Damn this is encouraging and frankly I'm relieved you were able to get such results!
I echo this. For those of you new to the forum and discouraged by lack of communication or delivery times, @Sandvinsd was one of the most vocal about this in the early days. To those of you questioning whether you should hold on and wait or cancel, I think his experience shows that you should wait. Voice your anger at the company or vent here about these pre-delivery woes for sure, but the car is worth the wait. Now for those who have had problems after receiving the car, that's a different story. But hopefully, with the PDI delays, etc, most of you will avoid those.

Just pulled into Southampton from the hudson valley. Some city traffic, some highway traffic but mostly 70-85mph. Trip was 140 miles. Averaged 3.3 kWh on the 19 inch rims. Much better than the 2.4-2.7 I was getting on the 21s

I did a back and forth from home to Quartzite today. On my way out I set the the cruise to 75 and got 3.3 mi/kwh. On the way back I set the cruise to 80 and got 3.1 mi/kwh. This was 240 miles one way.

I did a back and forth from home to Quartzite today. On my way out I set the the cruise to 75 and got 3.3 mi/kwh. On the way back I set the cruise to 80 and got 3.1 mi/kwh. This was 240 miles one way.
That’s impressive stamina. And good perseverance, too, since this is a rather sterile drive.
Anything we need to know about the EA charging station at Quartside?

That’s impressive stamina. And good perseverance, too, since this is a rather sterile drive.
Anything we need to know about the EA charging station at Quartside?
All 4 showed available. Pulled in. Hooked into the 350, was getting 250 to start at 38% SOC with no preconditioning. Charged up to 92%. Only 2 other people came to charge, Mach E and a ID4. Both plugged and started charging no issues. When I left, other 150 was still available. This was between 9-10am today.

Back