How Many Cancellations

So curious to know how many people cancelled their orders. Do we know what percentage of orders here were picked up off a cancellation?

My DA said it is super rare to get a cancellation because once the $1,000 deposit is taken, people feel committed? But I know we had at least two deliveries done based on cancellations here in the forums.1k is nothing if the car is a lemon. because of the delays and un mentioned issues I’m concerned about the companies longevity.

So curious to know how many people cancelled their orders. Do we know what percentage of orders here were picked up off a cancellation?

My DA said it is super rare to get a cancellation because once the $1,000 deposit is taken, people feel committed? But I know we had at least two deliveries done based on cancellations here in the forums.
Just for reference on the way out. I cancelled my Grand Touring Performance order this week after test driving. I was meant to be taking delivery in August this year and obviously lost the $1300 CAD deposit but that's a non-event.

I'm 6'4" and I just couldn't make myself comfortable enough for a $240k CAD car, that and the Tahoe stitching line reflected badly during the test drive and the software experience wasn't what I was hoping for.

I'll circle back around when the Gravity comes out.

Just for reference on the way out. I cancelled my Grand Touring Performance order this week after test driving. I was meant to be taking delivery in August this year and obviously lost the $1300 CAD deposit but that's a non-event.

I'm 6'4" and I just couldn't make myself comfortable enough for a $240k CAD car, that and the Tahoe stitching line reflected badly during the test drive and the software experience wasn't what I was hoping for.

I'll circle back around when the Gravity comes out.
Just curious since it's on your profile. You are able to get comfortable in a Taycan Turbo but not the Air?

Just curious since it's on your profile. You are able to get comfortable in a Taycan Turbo but not the Air?
Yup, it's really odd. I'm going to sit in the car one last time but I was really surprised getting back into the Taycan.

It just felt like the seat needed to go a little lower in the car and I think this could have been addressed by extra travel in the steering wheel which would have allowed me to recline the back a bit further.

It wasn't totally off but just enough for me to question the car for my daily driver.

Last edited:
Yup, it's really odd. I'm going to sit in the car one last time but I was really surprised getting back into the Taycan.

It just felt like the seat needed to go a little lower in the car and I think this could have been addressed by extra travel in the steering wheel which would have allowed me to recline the back a bit further.

It wasn't totally off but just enough for me to question the car for my daily driver.
My current car is a BMW and I am active on BMW forums. One of the most contentious issues I have seen on these forums, even on a single manufacturer's own versions, is seating. Some will rave about a particular seating variant while others will rant about the same seats. I have concluded that seating is just very personal.

But this does demonstrate how important is a good test drive.

It wasn't totally off but just enough for me to question the car for my
Im 6'5" and sat in air but test drive wasnt offered. I agree and the most limiting factor was that id prefer the steering wheel to come out anouther 3" to recline to a comfortable position compensating for non-ideal long leg room.

Im 6'5" and sat in air but test drive wasnt offered. I agree and the most limiting factor was that id prefer the steering wheel to come out anouther 3" to recline to a comfortable position compensating for non-ideal long leg room.
I like to sit very upright when driving, but if I were just those few inches taller, my head likely would be hitting the glass roof. Or at least, my line of sight would be right at the visors in their "closed" position. So I get why reclining a bit, and having the steering wheel a bit closer, would make a big difference. Shame about the steering wheel.

Back