How Many Cancellations

Yes I don’t think they are obligated to (or inclined to) report on cancellation numbers but they will give an update on reservation backlog.
Has anyone seen a public statement re. reservations other than the 30,000 #---which I heard a least 3 month ago when I reserved?

Considering they've only fulfilled to the tune of 1000+, the reservation number should be way higher, or they have demand problems

As a public company, if the number becomes material Lucid will have to disclose.
Probably a reason they pushed reservations before price increase. Also very proactive wanting people to convert when we have until June30th to do so if we feel that we want the delivery later than sooner anticipating that by then most of these issues will be resolved.

Has anyone seen a public statement re. reservations other than the 30,000 #---which I heard a least 3 month ago when I reserved?

Considering they've only fulfilled to the tune of 1000+, the reservation number should be way higher, or they have demand problems
That was the number they quoted during the last Earnings call. More than 30K.

Considering they have started bookings in the UK. I would be interested in knowing if they provide that info on the next EC.

Also the deliveries in the QTR will be material. For some reason I have once again started seeing some bullish articles on Lucid stock. 🤞🤑

Also the deliveries in the QTR will be material. For some reason I have once again started seeing some bullish articles on Lucid stock. 🤞🤑

Links? Need hotel bed time story…

30,000 was reservation backlog as of May 5th. Can’t imagine we would see an updated number from Lucid until Q2 earnings (perhaps early August)

30,000 was reservation backlog as of May 5th. Can’t imagine we would see an updated number from Lucid until Q2 earnings (perhaps early August)
I don't think discussion of the number is limited to EC's---the DA at the showroom quoted it to me well before the May EC, and Peter has mentioned it in print and videos

I can’t imagine there will be too many cancellations absent those who have a significant change in their personal financial situation. What else would you buy? A Model S where shoddy quality is a given or an Air where an extended PDI will likely result in better quality

Hey, there's a billion dollar business idea: A mobile car charger that charges while you're still driving. Truck pulls up behind you, extends an arm to plug into your charge port, and gives you juice while you keep driving.
Here's some wireless charging while driving.

Links? Need hotel bed time story…
Heres a rumor that will put you to bed…. Based on that one smaller looking Lucid someone found.

and this

Not Lucid but related news for AZ

some may be old but this should keep you busy for a few minutes

if still not satisfied and a Rawlinson voice fan, watch this…unless already seen it. Episode-2

Last edited:
I can’t imagine there will be too many cancellations absent those who have a significant change in their personal financial situation. What else would you buy? A Model S where shoddy quality is a given or an Air where an extended PDI will likely result in better quality
I have a refreshed Model S and knock on wood, but do not have any quality issues. As a first time Tesla/EV owner, I was expecting the worst, but so far everything has been really good!

I have a refreshed Model S and knock on wood, but do not have any quality issues. As a first time Tesla/EV owner, I was expecting the worst, but so far everything has been really good!
That’s good to hear. It certainly wasn’t the case with my 2019 Model X, but I was coming from a Mercedes so the contrast was rather stark.

Hey, there's a billion dollar business idea: A mobile car charger that charges while you're still driving. Truck pulls up behind you, extends an arm to plug into your charge port, and gives you juice while you keep driving.
It needs to be a very fast truck! 😁

Well, The Air Force already does that with in flight re-fuels but they have billions of taxpayer dollars to spend as they wish….

Owned several Tesla's starting early 2013 and have had more than my share of quality issues . Our 2021 Plaid with close to 5,000 miles has had zero issues. The only issue we have now is that it spends a lot of time parked since the Lucid arrived.

as others have said, “I love good news, I can deal with bad news. What I don’t like is no news”.

Potential Pure delivery dates seem to be moving out beyond Lucid’s Q4 soft window. Only source of information is Forum speculation since nothing solid from Lucid.

the luster of a Lucid is rapidly fading for me. Willing to wait another six months, yes. Willing to wait nine months, maybe. Willing to wait an indefinite time, no.

I am a rabid capitalist and a founder of several successful companies. IMHO, I think that Lucid could have used Rawlinson’s $263mm performance bonus more than Rawlinson himself. Stock YTD losing 70% of its value and LCID’s inabilities to deliver can’t be entirely blamed on supplier issues and market corrections. How about showing faith in Lucid by having the CEO be awarded only $63mm for his performance thereby giving back to Lucid $200mm to keep them going and growing and succeeding? Nice job, Board of Directors.

but that’s just me.

as others have said, “I love good news, I can deal with bad news. What I don’t like is no news”.

Potential Pure delivery dates seem to be moving out beyond Lucid’s Q4 soft window. Only source of information is Forum speculation since nothing solid from Lucid.

the luster of a Lucid is rapidly fading for me. Willing to wait another six months, yes. Willing to wait nine months, maybe. Willing to wait an indefinite time, no.

I am a rabid capitalist and a founder of several successful companies. IMHO, I think that Lucid could have used Rawlinson’s $263mm performance bonus more than Rawlinson himself. Stock YTD losing 70% of its value and LCID’s inabilities to deliver can’t be entirely blamed on supplier issues and market corrections. How about showing faith in Lucid by having the CEO be awarded only $63mm for his performance thereby giving back to Lucid $200mm to keep them going and growing and succeeding? Nice job, Board of Directors.

but that’s just me.
I agree, bonuses are always performance based. Seems a little early to be awarding the big payout. Draining the piggy bank while investors are taking it in the shorts is a bad look.

I would prefer if they took that 200 million and put it towards more techs, workers?

Or maybe no increase price of the cars?

Execs are overpaid imho.

Back