How long does PDI take? 2 hours?

Sandvinsd

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
So I received an email before noon that my car had just arrived at the delivery center and was next in queue for PDI. I was never told that it actually left the factory. Surprise, surprise. Thanks for the heads up Lucid. Can you guys just communicate these things? Is that hard to give some notice?

Then to top it off, just 3 hours later, I get a call that my car is done and it is ready to pick up.. I have never heard of the PDI being completed in just a 2 hour window. Did they actually inspect and detail during that time? Are you kidding me? It sounds as shoddy as their factory QC has been. Please sign the purchase docs. When can I tell the service center you are coming? Rush rush, hurry hurry. Just bring a cashier's check. That is the fastest way.

Look. first of all, you dicked around for over 7 months, strung me along, kept missing timelines, never gave me any answers and now its a rush on your end because the second quarter ends tomorrow? Give me a break. If you had been better at communication on status, I might actually have had the cash ready and pick it up tomorrow. You do realize that this takes planning, don't you? Yes, I would like to get the car. But now I am expected to just drop everything and take a 2 hour trip to the service center? Its a holiday weekend. I just made some plans last night starting on Friday and have appointments next week that I am not going to reschedule. And, sure, I keep $150k sitting in my bank account for 7 months so I can go get a cashier's check. Funds are in brokerage accounts. Trades need to happen and the proceeds settle. That all takes time. I am not just going 10 miles to the car dealer, but it is an all day trip This communication fail never ends.

Congrats?
I guess so, but not until its in my driveway. Can they communicate? I would have picked it up tomorrow if I had a heads up to get things in order.

Just schedule to pick up next Tuesday and get your finances done in the mean time.

Just schedule to pick up next Tuesday and get your finances done in the mean time.
Exactly. Just because they want you to rush, screw that. Take your time and get them the money when you are ready.

I’m sure they want to hit that “end of June” stat, but that’s on them. Not you.

I wish I had that problem. Mine is at the service center for close to 55 days now.

Congrats

Congrats! I think I may be taking delivery next week as well . Car is supposed to get transferred from Coldwater to Short Hills. 🤞

I wish I had that problem. Mine is at the service center for close to 55 days now.
Today is:
64 days since the VIN was issued
211 days since the confirmation
446 days since the reservation.

i hope no one has this timeline in the future.

So I received an email before noon that my car had just arrived at the delivery center and was next in queue for PDI. I was never told that it actually left the factory. Surprise, surprise. Thanks for the heads up Lucid. Can you guys just communicate these things? Is that hard to give some notice?

Then to top it off, just 3 hours later, I get a call that my car is done and it is ready to pick up.. I have never heard of the PDI being completed in just a 2 hour window. Did they actually inspect and detail during that time? Are you kidding me? It sounds as shoddy as their factory QC has been. Please sign the purchase docs. When can I tell the service center you are coming? Rush rush, hurry hurry. Just bring a cashier's check. That is the fastest way.

Look. first of all, you dicked around for over 7 months, strung me along, kept missing timelines, never gave me any answers and now its a rush on your end because the second quarter ends tomorrow? Give me a break. If you had been better at communication on status, I might actually have had the cash ready and pick it up tomorrow. You do realize that this takes planning, don't you? Yes, I would like to get the car. But now I am expected to just drop everything and take a 2 hour trip to the service center? Its a holiday weekend. I just made some plans last night starting on Friday and have appointments next week that I am not going to reschedule. And, sure, I keep $150k sitting in my bank account for 7 months so I can go get a cashier's check. Funds are in brokerage accounts. Trades need to happen and the proceeds settle. That all takes time. I am not just going 10 miles to the car dealer, but it is an all day trip This communication fail never ends.
I totally get this frustration. Sounds like end of quarter timing. Had Tesla pull it on me last year with a Model S order I had - they offered me a Plaid in a different configuration but I had to pay for it and pick it up in 2 hours. Fughetaboutthat but glad the car is ready for you!

In good faith - Congratulations! I look forward to meeting you and seeing your car at a San Diego Lucid meetup.

Remember, you’re on your unique journey to paying for the car and picking it up. You’ll do so when you’re good and ready.

Are you always like this? Or just about the car?

55 days!!! Did they pull it apart and reassemble it again. I’d be asking if the car is a lemon

55 days!!! Did they pull it apart and reassemble it again. I’d be asking if the car is a lemon
I’m picturing that scene from Ferris Bueller with the two parking valets.

Wow what happened. This the first time I have heard something like that. Does Lemon law apply here. I think it’s usually the same issue 3 times etc etc.

That sucks and sorry this is happening.

Today is:

Actually I want that on this second reservation I am going to confirm tomorrow.

Today is:

64 days from VIN isn't that bad, it's really the 211 from confirmation that's rough.

Back