How is your after-purchase experience? Discussion for general thoughts, customer support, maintenance and resale value etc.

I stand by my statements. If you are happy without them, then so be it.
And so it shall be! The door locks I could understand...maybe. I typically don't unlock my doors while driving so 🤷‍♂️

And so it shall be! The door locks I could understand...maybe. I typically don't unlock my doors while driving so 🤷‍♂️

I have often adjusted the mirrors and steering wheel while driving.

I have often adjusted the mirrors and steering wheel while driving.
I believe you, I really do. I just don’t understand why? The point of the profiles is so that you can set it once and forget about it, as it will always be perfect from that point forward.

So I’m just genuinely curious as to why (which I think is what other people are asking too)

2. I have used the mobile service once, and it was excellent. My service technician here in San Diego, Frank, was on time, extremely knowledgeable, and fixed my (minor) concerns on the first try.
Yes. Frank is excellent here in San Diego. We are lucky to have him as the mobile service guy.

I would be interested in how many people have had a positive experience when a service center isn't close by? Still haven't driven my GTP yet after 3 weeks of ownership and it looks like will probably be 3 or more weeks before the car gets fixed. Richard from the New Jersey service center called me today and informed me my car would have to be shipped to Richmond Va to be fixed. He wasn't aware the needed parts had been ordered a week ago from someone in FL and hopefully were sitting there somewhere ready for the car? He assured me he would have it sorted out and call me Monday with an update on when they would come get the car as he said they wouldn't get it until they had all the needed replacement parts. My real world experience has been really disappointing. It seems there's no communication between people. Richard is the 3rd guy that's been assigned ( and the first one to actually call me) over the past 3 weeks. If you're buying it for a "toy" and have no issue with waiting weeks for needed service then probably OK. I bought as a daily driver so at this point I'm just at my wits end..

I would be interested in how many people have had a positive experience when a service center isn't close by? Still haven't driven my GTP yet after 3 weeks of ownership and it looks like will probably be 3 or more weeks before the car gets fixed. Richard from the New Jersey service center called me today and informed me my car would have to be shipped to Richmond Va to be fixed. He wasn't aware the needed parts had been ordered a week ago from someone in FL and hopefully were sitting there somewhere ready for the car? He assured me he would have it sorted out and call me Monday with an update on when they would come get the car as he said they wouldn't get it until they had all the needed replacement parts. My real world experience has been really disappointing. It seems there's no communication between people. Richard is the 3rd guy that's been assigned ( and the first one to actually call me) over the past 3 weeks. If you're buying it for a "toy" and have no issue with waiting weeks for needed service then probably OK. I bought as a daily driver so at this point I'm just at my wits end..
I live in NJ and this is my daily driver. The current service is definitely a bit disorganized. There is no actual Lucid service center in NJ at the moment . It appears that the scheduling and ordering of parts is a bit chaotic and left hand doesn’t talk with the right hand. I suspect this will improve once they get an actual local service center. I’ve had the car for 3.5 months and had 3 mobile visits for non urgent issues and scheduled to have a fourth next week because parts were on back order. Recently the communication has improved a bit and have been texting with John who is actually based in MA. The techs who come out are knowledgeable and capable. I just feel there is a lack of organization and management in our area currently, but am hopeful that this will improve as Lucid continues to expand and hire more personnel.

Seems like there is only 19 service centers across USA - https://www.lucidmotors.com/locations
Official centers, yes. They partner with third parties at many other locations. And this has been the source of some issues for some people, as not all third-party centers are equal.

Hoping Lucid expands that official list throughout 2023 and beyond. Nothing against third parties, but it's just way easier to control quality in-house.

My Lucid post delivery experience is the same as the predelivery experience, waiting, waiting and more waiting. Predelivery, every promised date was missed and missed again and again. In the first week of ownership I made 2 service calls, the first was solved by a reboot (the pilot and navigation screens went blank while driving), the second, (the knob for the cruise control lost its silver bar so I can't use it) a minor issue, will be solved by more waiting. I was told 48 hours for a service van, that was 6 days ago. I called again and was told that my complaint had been noted in the log. Communication about when I could expect service was not offered. Just like predelivery I wait and wait and wait, without any info from Lucid.

Lucid should be providing clear information on what to expect. Fixing the cruise control silver bar/button likely requires replacing the steering wheel which is not available right now. I know this because the audio skip forward button on my car is not working and I was told that the only way to fix this is to replace the steering wheel. I was told to expect it in November. Mine is less serious than yours because I can use the right cockpit delay forward where you cannot use cruise control. Lucid should set a clear expectation for you like they did for me. I was told this yesterday when I picked my car up.

The good news is the new steering wheels should have better button reliability and no creaking.

Yea but my question is why are these adjustments that you need to make while driving? Surely after a few drives you would have got your seat and mirrors sorted out into a position you are used to?
Can the glovebox be opened by Alexa?

Lucid should be providing clear information on what to expect. Fixing the cruise control silver bar/button likely requires replacing the steering wheel which is not available right now. I know this because the audio skip forward button on my car is not working and I was told that the only way to fix this is to replace the steering wheel. I was told to expect it in November. Mine is less serious than yours because I can use the right cockpit delay forward where you cannot use cruise control. Lucid should set a clear expectation for you like they did for me. I was told this yesterday when I picked my car up.

The good news is the new steering wheels should have better button reliability and no creaking.
Your reply was helpful and informative. Why can't Lucid explain explain this to me?

Official centers, yes. They partner with third parties at many other locations. And this has been the source of some issues for some people, as not all third-party centers are equal.

Hoping Lucid expands that official list throughout 2023 and beyond. Nothing against third parties, but it's just way easier to control quality in-house.
how do you get the list of third parties? also, do lucid honor warranties with these third parties?

Please discuss the following 3 points:

1. Albeit the short supply, when I browsed the classified section, it seems like lucid cars are not holding its value and people are struggling to resell them. Anyone care to share their experience or thoughts in reselling?

2. Anyone ran into any issues and how has it been your experience dealing with them? Is it a huge headache and time sink when things go wrong? Or support has been great and help is accessible?

3. If above 2 are not applicable, how has it been since your Lucid ownership? Any regrets or thoughts? Mostly curious about expectations vs reality.
1) I don't understand the issue with resale. Cars depreciate under normal conditions and while the pandemic has played havic with the availability of cars, driving the used market up, things are slowly returning to "normal market conditions" so this blip in increased used car prices will not last. Personally, if I saw a Lucid on the market, I would seriously question why the owner was selling it. What is wrong with it being so new or is he just tryng to pocket the tax credit and get rid of the car. Just not interested in supporting that.
2) My interactions with Lucid SAs and DAs has been remarkable. Quick responses, as accurate and informative as they can be. My local DA even called me a couple of weeks after I took delivery just to followup and see how everything was going. I just can't ask for more than that!
3) I am just approaching a month of ownership and while there have been a few software glitches, the 2.0.x software update turned the car into a whole new experiences. It is certainly the best high end vehicle I have driven or owned.

Back