• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

How do I downgrade from Air Touring to Air Pure?

HRoussel

Cars
Tesla M3P
Hello. That might be a dumb question but I just cannot figure out how to downgrade my current Air Touring to a Air Pure.

Am I supposed to completely cancel the touring and redo a brand new reservation for the Air Pure?

Hello. That might be a dumb question but I just cannot figure out how to downgrade my current Air Touring to a Air Pure.

Am I supposed to completely cancel the touring and redo a brand new reservation for the Air Pure?
I would do it through your DA since they will need to write up the change order which you will then need to confirm (which is just an email saying, "yes, I confirm this change".)

I think you have to interact with an actual person. Lol. I called my salesperson at the local showroom to downgrade from GT to touring.

Of course you can upgrade without talking to someone! Lol.

I wouldn’t cancel and make another one, unless the date of reservation isn’t that important. It may delay your car.

I just did that. I called Lucid direct and changed my order. Down grading has a few more hoops to jump through. They cancelled my Grand Tour reservation and redid my reservation for a Tour. My reservation date stayed they same. Upgrading appears to be seamless but if you ask me the down grade was seamless. Very easy to do.

I just did that. I called Lucid direct and changed my order. Down grading has a few more hoops to jump through. They cancelled my Grand Tour reservation and redid my reservation for a Tour. My reservation date stayed they same. Upgrading appears to be seamless but if you ask me the down grade was seamless. Very easy to do.
Yeah it nice that they make it easy to do. The major hurdle is that you have to call or email someone. So that will make some people hesitate.

what is everyone rationale on downgrading?
The thread was started before the price changed. It allowed old pricing as long as you kept your reservation at the same level or upgraded to a higher level at a later time. I downgraded to Pure to allow that flexibility. When its time to finalize the order, I could still upgrade and still get the old pricing.

The thread was started before the price changed. It allowed old pricing as long as you kept your reservation at the same level or upgraded to a higher level at a later time. I downgraded to Pure to allow that flexibility. When its time to finalize the order, I could still upgrade and still get the old pricing.
I was able to downgrade from touring to pure post price change under the original pricing, but was unable to upgrade my pure to touring or gt under the original pricing since then

I was able to downgrade from touring to pure post price change under the original pricing, but was unable to upgrade my pure to touring or gt under the original pricing since then
Interesting. I thought any downgrades will lock you in to the new pricing but upgrades they will honor the old price. I checked with Lucid rep before downgrading to Pure so I have the flexibility to upgrade. It is still few months out for me so will see at that time.

what is everyone rationale on downgrading?
Mine must be unique amongst the tens of tousands of reservation holders: the new Canadian luxury tax. It adds roughly $8000 to the total cost which was already stretching my budget. With the Air Pure (with AWD option) that tax would be around $4000 instead, not to mention of course the much lower price of the vehicle to start with. The total cost difference between my Touring and Pure builds is nearly 30 grands.

Interesting. I thought any downgrades will lock you in to the new pricing but upgrades they will honor the old price. I checked with Lucid rep before downgrading to Pure so I have the flexibility to upgrade. It is still few months out for me so will see at that time.
sorry correction to my previous post, pure reservations from prior to price increase can upgrade to touring under original pricing, but are unable to upgrade to gt under original pricing.

also lucid rep says if I upgrade back to touring, I cannot downgrade to pure or upgrade to gt under original pricing

sorry correction to my previous post, pure reservations from prior to price increase can upgrade to touring under original pricing, but are unable to upgrade to gt under original pricing.

also lucid rep says if I upgrade back to touring, I cannot downgrade to pure or upgrade to gt under original pricing
Got it. Thanks for the clarification. All the amazing posts by members picking up their new AGT have been tempting me to go for AGT myself to get it sooner but my head is saying don't do it. If there is significant insulation difference in pure/touring to make it more noisy, I may end up with an AGT.

Got it. Thanks for the clarification. All the amazing posts by members picking up their new AGT have been tempting me to go for AGT myself to get it sooner but my head is saying don't do it. If there is significant insulation difference in pure/touring to make it more noisy, I may end up with an AGT.
is there any source to reference the difference in insulation? i have struggled to find the actual differences between each trims except for a doc from a fellow forumer.

is there any source to reference the difference in insulation? i have struggled to find the actual differences between each trims except for a doc from a fellow forumer.
No I haven't seen anything like that. I guess I am just speculating what they will change to account for the lower price.

Back