• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

RESOLVED Hot interior

This feature would seem usable only if the car is parked in an open space unless it were an EV.

Our 2021 Model S Plaid doesn't have this feature as far as I know. The closest thing would be the cabin overheat feature that will keep the cabin at a preset temperature for up to 12 hours after exiting the car (as long as the battery stays above 20% charge). But the feature doesn't activate itself at times based on driving patterns.

What other brands have this feature?
I have to dig for the tutorials/articles and exact terminology each brand uses.

Mercedes has the smart pre entry climate control functionality to my immediate memory (not sure if this is only on the eqs line).

Mercedes, Ford, and plenty of others have scheduled climate control where you have to explicitly set something up.

I use this feature a lot when I'm in and out of the car while running errands.

One thing to remember: it has a 45-minute limit, at which point it turns the A/C off. When you get back in the car, the A/C will not automatically come back on. You have to turn the system back on yourself.

Lucid needs to reprogram the feature to return the car to its pre-set A/C settings when the driver returns to the car.
It seems they fixed this in 2.1.2. The few times I've ran it (4 times) even with cabin hold, I've gotten back in the car, didn't touch the AC and it turned off but kept my auto-AC settings. Will test some more today when I'm running errands, but I think it will go back to your original settings after you either start driving or cabin hold ends.

When was this released? I'm still on 2.0.68 with no notice of pending updates.
It has not yet been generally released, you will see it within the next week or two.

Will we now be able to see a music selection without exiting out of the Nav system?

It seems they fixed this in 2.1.2. The few times I've ran it (4 times) even with cabin hold, I've gotten back in the car, didn't touch the AC and it turned off but kept my auto-AC settings. Will test some more today when I'm running errands, but I think it will go back to your original settings after you either start driving or cabin hold ends.
I used it a half dozen times today and it seems fixed to me also.

In Texas, too - my 2020 Model S has the cabin overheat protection feature. It'd be great if Lucid implemented something like that. At least it keeps the interior bearable.
While driving my AT yesterday, I noticed that the air coming out of the main driver vent is not nearly as strong as the air coming out of the main vent for the passenger. Anyone else notice this? Or is this something internally malfunctioning with my vent system?

In Texas, too - my 2020 Model S has the cabin overheat protection feature. It'd be great if Lucid implemented something like that. At least it keeps the interior bearable.
While driving my AT yesterday, I noticed that the air coming out of the main driver vent is not nearly as strong as the air coming out of the main vent for the passenger. Anyone else notice this? Or is this something internally malfunctioning with my vent system?

If they are both set on the same strength , they should be equivalent, at least that is my experience. Also, be sure to check the little physical dials on the vents.

Thanks. I did make sure both fans were on high and both vents were opened completely. I'll play around with it tomorrow. Sitting here thinking about it, one thing I didn't check was the passenger right side vent by the door. My wife may have closed it and thus more air was being forced out of the passenger main vent. The driver's side door vent was open, so this may have been the difference.

Do all you guys have film on the windows? My goodness that is hot! Fortunately PA is shielded from the sun by a huge slab of vaporized Canada.
1688281293630.png

We shut this South Philly refinery down. the air is much less orange now, and smells more like a campfire than a tire fire.
1688282570128.png

...look familiar California? Nothing we can do about it now...might as well keep the DB 9 (if it will run on smoke).

We're all wearing N95 masks when we go out, taking them off when we go inside. I have my car AC on recirculate to prevent PM 2.5 particles getting in. It only gets to the low 80s here with our protective blanket of toxic Canadian air.

Climate change is self-correcting. All these fires not only blot out the sun, they get rid of the people causing the warming. We're in the Anthropocene epoch folk: a human-caused mass extinction. Our children are going to see the end of human civilization, and experience inescapable misery. Even if they did put down their phones and vote, it's too late.

Last edited:
Do all you guys have film on the windows? My goodness that is hot! Fortunately PA is shielded from the sun by a huge slab of vaporized Canada. View attachment 13317
We shut this South Philly refinery down. the air is much less orange now, and smells more like a campfire than a tire fire.
View attachment 13319

...look familiar California? Nothing we can do about it now...might as well keep the DB 9 (if it will run on smoke).

We're all wearing N95 masks when we go out, taking them off when we go inside. I have my car AC on recirculate to prevent PM 2.5 particles getting in. It only gets to the low 80s here with our protective blanket of toxic Canadian air.

Climate change is self-correcting. All these fires not only blot out the sun, they get rid of the people causing the warming. We're in the Anthropocene epoch folk: a human-caused mass extinction. Our children are going to see the end of human civilization, and experience inescapable misery. Even if they did put down their phones and vote, it's too late.
IMG_3664.jpeg

Tried the pre-conditioning yesterday with the family. I started the AC via the app as we were paying and waiting for the bill to return. Got inside the car all nice and cool. No more burning thighs and hands!

It has not yet been generally released, you will see it within the next week or two.
General release for sure began yesterday. I know one Pure owner who got it yesterday. I did not get it but now i know that another pure owner @noobzilla also got it. So, it will be rolling out to everyone this week I think.

Good to know I can do this. First day 100F. The interior was scorching hot but the roof remained just a bit warm. Seats... steering wheel.. almost everything felt very hot even though said parts werent under direct sunlight.
I suspect your seats and steering wheel are hot because of the level of IR entering thru your windows.

I experienced the same until I put in XPEL Prime Plus tint on all windows, except the rear canopy. Your car will still get hot, however at a much slower rate, and more importantly for you, your car surfaces will not get hot. Using remote climate control from your app, you can precool your interior.

I suspect your seats and steering wheel are hot because of the level of IR entering thru your windows.

I experienced the same until I put in XPEL Prime Plus tint on all windows, except the rear canopy. Your car will still get hot, however at a much slower rate, and more importantly for you, your car surfaces will not get hot. Using remote climate control from your app, you can precool your interior.
I also have Xpel XR Prime on all my glass. I have never experienced any hot seats, steering wheel, etc. although the interior air does still get warm on hot days if the car is sitting for a while.

No tinting here. Was gonna see how it handles the heat this summer but welp no job currently so not going to spend on the car for a while

Back