• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

RESOLVED Hot interior

nal802

Cars
Grand Touring
Now that things are heating up with summer is there a way to precondition the car with air conditioning so it’s not so hot when we get in?

Now that things are heating up with summer is there a way to precondition the car with air conditioning so it’s not so hot when we get in?

Yes, use your app to set temperature and precool about 10 minutes prior to entry. Set at lowest temperature and you should be ok when you enter. The app can be a bit finicky and sometimes ( but not that often )I have to press a few times to get it to work.
To be more specific, go to app, open, press fan on the left lower hand corner, and that will bring up the remote climate/temperature. Choose temperature and hit start.

I have to press a few times in the app also to get it to remotely turn on the AC. I have oddly had better success with the Apple Watch app which usually works first or second try. Also when you leave the car you can set it to maintain temperature on the Pilot Panel in the climate controls. Look for the icon with a clock face and thermometer along the top of the screen. I usually put up all 3 sunshades as well. So far I haven't had to get into a hot car ever. Its a big plus here in Dallas!

Good to know I can do this. First day 100F. The interior was scorching hot but the roof remained just a bit warm. Seats... steering wheel.. almost everything felt very hot even though said parts werent under direct sunlight.

Good to know I can do this. First day 100F. The interior was scorching hot but the roof remained just a bit warm. Seats... steering wheel.. almost everything felt very hot even though said parts werent under direct sunlight.
Yes it's been scorching hot in Dallas. In the past I always dreaded getting in my car after running errands. Now I get in my Air and marvel at how comfortable it is. Gone are the days of sweating in the first two minutes of driving! I do have the side and rear window tinted as well. I do that with all of my cars because of heat in Texas.

The new Max AC mode works quite well. Only took about 10 minutes to cool off the car after sitting in 120 degree heat today.
IMG_4491.jpeg

The new Max AC mode works quite well. Only took about 10 minutes to cool off the car after sitting in 120 degree heat today.

Great to hear it works well! 10 minutes is not bad. Is there any difference in the Max AC mode and simply putting the fan on max and temp at the lowest setting in the previous software?

Great to hear it works well! 10 minutes is not bad. Is there any difference in the Max AC mode and simply putting the fan on max and temp at the lowest setting in the previous software?
Pretty much the same but it does so for front and rear. It’s essentially a shortcut. My car baked in the hot sun in Palm Springs all day. So giving it 10 minutes to catch up was OK. I purposely did not remotely turn on the AC so I could test it out.

Pretty much the same but it does so for front and rear. It’s essentially a shortcut. My car baked in the hot sun in Palm Springs all day. So giving it 10 minutes to catch up was OK. I purposely did not remotely turn on the AC so I could test it out.
Ah good to know about the rear! I never really think to turn that on. Thank you for testing it. I know it's not fun to leave your car out in the sun like that.

With how hot it gets inside Im wondering now if I should occasionally put on the AC just to keep interior materials from heat problems, if such problems could exist

I do sort of wish Lucid had smart preconditioning and smart cabin temperature cooling when you’re not in the vehicle (like other brands).

Those are features I’ve come to miss.

I do sort of wish Lucid had smart preconditioning and smart cabin temperature cooling when you’re not in the vehicle (like other brands).

Those are features I’ve come to miss.
What smart preconditioning?

Also when you leave the car you can set it to maintain temperature on the Pilot Panel in the climate controls. Look for the icon with a clock face and thermometer along the top of the screen.

I use this feature a lot when I'm in and out of the car while running errands.

One thing to remember: it has a 45-minute limit, at which point it turns the A/C off. When you get back in the car, the A/C will not automatically come back on. You have to turn the system back on yourself.

Lucid needs to reprogram the feature to return the car to its pre-set A/C settings when the driver returns to the car.

I use this feature a lot when I'm in and out of the car while running errands.

One thing to remember: it has a 45-minute limit, at which point it turns the A/C off. When you get back in the car, the A/C will not automatically come back on. You have to turn the system back on yourself.

Lucid needs to reprogram the feature to return the car to its pre-set A/C settings when the driver returns to the car.
I haven't noticed this however I usually am back in the car within the 45 minutes . Or I run it for 45 minutes and then if I am still not back to the car I turn the AC on via the app so it doesn't heat back up. I'll have to test this at some point .

What smart preconditioning?
Other competitors capture the normal time frames someone drives their car. Knowing that, there are features where the car will auto precondition based on your driving habits.

For example if you have a 20 minute timeframe you always leave to work on weekdays, or go to get coffee. The car will try to precondition for you without the need for you to schedule it.

It’s just being smart with departure time data/analysis.

Other competitors capture the normal time frames someone drives their car. Knowing that, there are features where the car will auto precondition based on your driving habits.

For example if you have a 20 minute timeframe you always leave to work on weekdays, or go to get coffee. The car will try to precondition for you without the need for you to schedule it.
I think I understand you now. You mean it anticipates the need to cool or heat the cabin based on your typical driving patterns? Preconditioning was a bit confusing as it often refers to battery preconditioning.

I think I understand you now. You mean it anticipates the need to cool or heat the cabin based on your typical driving patterns? Preconditioning was a bit confusing as it often refers to battery preconditioning.
I could see that, but yes. Specifically speaking towards interior climate control.

Dont get me wrong, there are some smart battery pre conditioning things Lucid could do as well..

It’s just being smart with departure time data/analysis.

This feature would seem usable only if the car is parked in an open space unless it were an EV.

Our 2021 Model S Plaid doesn't have this feature as far as I know. The closest thing would be the cabin overheat feature that will keep the cabin at a preset temperature for up to 12 hours after exiting the car (as long as the battery stays above 20% charge). But the feature doesn't activate itself at times based on driving patterns.

What other brands have this feature?

Back