Hello from Chicago/Naperville area

You will not want the 21s for winter in Chicago
I got a set of factory 19s with the winter no all season tires)
Other folks are getting winter sets from Tire Rack and having the service center program them to the car. If you go that route make sure the folks at Goose Island will do that (when I got my car they said they would not work on anything wheel or tire not authorized by Lucid).
Thanks, I do not want 21 inches anyway, I ordered 19 but just got informed in the morning that the car has 21-inch wheels. I will check with the Goose Island facility to make sure when I purchase 19-inch wheels they will install them - without any charge. Also, I am hoping they are not going to charge extra for 21-inch wheels that I do not want anyways.

He just told me that my car came with 21 inches wheels instead of 19, and they are planning to send updated PA. I really wanted 19-inch wheels and I am not yet sure if they will charge in my new PA - 21 inch - which I do not want anyway. My DA just called in the morning and informed me.
I know there may be a shortage of 19-inch wheels at this point, but this is nuts. They should have at least asked you if you wanted 21s. And they definitely shouldn’t charge you for them.

I know there may be a shortage of 19-inch wheels at this point, but this is nuts. They should have at least asked you if you wanted 21s. And they definitely shouldn’t charge you for them.
Yes, hopefully not and as Overcharged indicated, I will make sure that when I purchase 19-inch wheels - from an external tire store - they will install/recalibrate - them because most likely I will change them. Hope they can install it for me without any charge when I get them.

Yes, hopefully not and as Overcharged indicated, I will make sure that when I purchase 19-inch wheels - from an external tire store - they will install/recalibrate - them because most likely I will change them. Hope they can install it for me without any charge when I get them.
Yeah, they likely won’t charge you for the 21s, but you should get the wheels you want. I would push on the DA to comp you the 19s when they’re available, at least as a swap.

Yeah, they likely won’t charge you for the 21s, but you should get the wheels you want. I would push on the DA to comp you the 19s when they’re available, at least as a swap.
Thanks, he said he cannot do that - replace to 19 when it is available. Not that happy, I will ask again and see. I already before said no when he offered car with 21 inch wheels and same configuration (color and options) few weeks back and we are back in same situation now with my VIN assigned car.

Thanks, he said he cannot do that - replace to 19 when it is available. Not that happy, I will ask again and see. I already before said no when he offered car with 21 inch wheels and same configuration (color and options) few weeks back and we are back in same situation now with my VIN assigned car.
You are the customer and can refuse delivery.
Be difficult, they are motivated to make every delivery possible prior to the end of the year.

On my way to pick up the car :) at Goose Island, they swapped 21 inch wheels to 19 inches one in morning before delivery.
Good to hear. Still think this was a weird situation, but at least they resolved it.

Good to hear. Still think this was a weird situation, but at least they resolved it.
Yeah agreed; I have no idea why it would've happened, but no harm no foul I guess

Yeah agreed; I have no idea why it would've happened, but no harm no foul I guess
None of the tires in Lucid app (shield icon) showing PSI, I have 50 miles on car, is that common and will it show after sometime?

None of the tires in Lucid app (shield icon) showing PSI, I have 50 miles on car, is that common and will it show after sometime?
You need to be moving for a while for it to calculate PSI. If the car is standing still for too long, it can’t read the tires.

Anybody have recommendations for PPF in the Chicago/Naperville area?

I called Chicago Auto pros and also "http://www.tstdealer.com/" (this place is very close to me). Both have good reviews (some forum groups members already suggested Chicago Auto Pros) and have done Lucids. I have not yet made final decision yet but mostly will pick either of the one.

Back