Hello from Chicago/Naperville area

Great! I'm on the North Shore and bumped (not literally) into an Air yesterday on Dundee Road. I'm in the Metal Roof/non-DDP Penalty Box and thus don't expect delivery until 2Q23, which is OK because of Chicago winter.

Curious---did you guys get 19 wheels with all-weather?

Very nice! I have a white GT out in Downers.

Great! I'm on the North Shore and bumped (not literally) into an Air yesterday on Dundee Road. I'm in the Metal Roof/non-DDP Penalty Box and thus don't expect delivery until 2Q23, which is OK because of Chicago winter.

I got 19 inch wheels.

What town? I have a red DE and am known to frequent Dundee Road.

Welcome First EV. My experience with Goose Island service center has been very positive. A definite plus for us Chicago area drivers. After you get the car home just sit in it and go through all the menus getting an idea of what’s available.

Welcome First EV. My experience with Goose Island service center has been very positive. A definite plus for us Chicago area drivers. After you get the car home just sit in it and go through all the menus getting an idea of what’s available.
Thank you - yes kind of scared and exited at the same time. Good to know Goose Island service center is great. Today my dashboard indicating as "Preparing for delivery" - most likely picking up my car mid next week.

Ordered Charge Point Home Flex charger today (14 50 Plug), will start looking for good electrician for hardwiring it.

Ordered Charge Point Home Flex charger today (14 50 Plug), will start looking for good electrician for hardwiring it.
If you are going to hardwire it, I would put in, if you have space, at least a 60 amp circuit to run it at 48 amps or a 70 amp circuit to get the full 50 amps that the HomeFlex can deliver.

If you are going to hardwire it, I would put in, if you have space, at least a 60 amp circuit to run it at 48 amps or a 70 amp circuit to get the full 50 amps that the HomeFlex can deliver.
Thank for the advice. I will make sure to have at least 60 amp circuit to have 48 amp.

Great, it's my first EV and seems like big learning curve for me.
Me too! So much to learn. I think the home charger situation is actually the most confusing :)

Lucid Touring (Zenith Red/Tahoe/Full Spec/19 inch)....Shipped yesterday according to my DA from Arizona to Chicago...hoping for early next week delivery.
Congratulations ! I had my GT since June 2022 and already have >10,000 miles on it. Would be more than happy to answer any questions or discuss Lucid with you. Moammad (or Markus) - The awesome service manager at goose island can give my phone number to you or can text your number to me . If you tell my name (Dr.Rao)

Congratulations ! I had my GT since June 2022 and already have >10,000 miles on it. Would be more than happy to answer any questions or discuss Lucid with you. Moammad (or Markus) - The awesome service manager at goose island can give my phone number to you or can text your number to me . If you tell my name (Dr.Rao)
Did you track BMW's back in the day or go on Euroteknik? That name sounds familiar...

Thanks for the offer, for sure I will get in touch with you. Also seems my car is having 21 inch wheels instead of 19 and they just informed me. I know they are not winter tires, not sure if anyone has 21 inch tires and used in Chicago area.

Lucid Touring (Zenith Red/Tahoe/Full Spec/19 inch)....Shipped yesterday according to my DA from Arizona to Chicago...hoping for early next week delivery.
Hi there - just picked up mine last week. Saw your post. We lived in Naperville for 28 years before moving to Arizona. Hope the storm this week has not been to bad.

Thanks for the offer, for sure I will get in touch with you. Also seems my car is having 21 inch wheels instead of 19 and they just informed me. I know they are not winter tires, not sure if anyone has 21 inch tires and used in Chicago area.
Hang on, did you order 21s? What do you mean they “just informed you”?

You will not want the 21s for winter in Chicago
I got a set of factory 19s with the winter no all season tires)
Other folks are getting winter sets from Tire Rack and having the service center program them to the car. If you go that route make sure the folks at Goose Island will do that (when I got my car they said they would not work on anything wheel or tire not authorized by Lucid).

Hang on, did you order 21s? What do you mean they “just informed you”?
He just told me that my car came with 21 inches wheels instead of 19, and they are planning to send updated PA. I really wanted 19-inch wheels and I am not yet sure if they will charge in my new PA - 21 inch - which I do not want anyway. My DA just called in the morning and informed me.

Back