Has the opinion on the Touring being not really wanted vs the Pure changed since the Air credit?

Now if somebody made a tint that kept heat out, but was transparent, i'd buy it in a heartbeat. It cant really be that hard to do, considering we have all the tech for it

I had Gabe at @TotalDetailingPA install 70% tint for me. It keeps the car cool with zero darkening effect. I'm glad he convinced me to go 70%.

Because at 70, it's still mostly clear and rejects more heat than 100(90).
Exactly plus 70% also rejects more than 55% and that helped seal the deal for me too.

I absolutely HATE tints. It makes the car look like a ricer from the outside. I do respect others opinion though, and for some its a necessity, especially in cali!

You can get almost all the heat resistant benefits without blackening the windows with the new nano carbon ceramic tints.

I am yet another than upgraded from Pure to Touring to get the car sooner. I enjoy the glass canopy, Tahoe interior, standard 20" wheels, and extra horse power. I'm glad I got it.

As for tinting the glass canopy, I recall on another thread that this would void the warranty. Thus, I haven't done it yet.

I strongly prefer the Touring. The glass canopy roof is beautifully styled and a major element of the overall vehicle design concept. I like the extra legroom in the rear seat compared to the GT. The interior is nicer than the Pure. It is to me by far the best choice.

You can get almost all the heat resistant benefits without blackening the windows with the new nano carbon ceramic tints.
Sorry for the dumb questions but can that go on the windows and glass canopy? Also, does it go on the inside or outside of the glass?

Sorry for the dumb questions but can that go on the windows and glass canopy? Also, does it go on the inside or outside of the glass?
Everywhere on the inside

I used 3M CR90 nano film on my Volvo door glass primarily for UV rejection. CR90 has a visible light transmission of 72% but rejects 95% of infrared energy.
Lucid's glass is laminated and/or coated, so no need for UV-rejecting films. I haven't tinted the GT for this reason but might consider 3M CR90 or CR70 on the roof depending on how it feels this summer.

I am yet another than upgraded from Pure to Touring to get the car sooner. I enjoy the glass canopy, Tahoe interior, standard 20" wheels, and extra horse power. I'm glad I got it.

As for tinting the glass canopy, I recall on another thread that this would void the warranty. Thus, I haven't done it yet.
Do you happen to remember what thread that was in?

I can't find the exact post but I think it was in this thread.

Because at 70, it's still mostly clear and rejects more heat than 100(90).

Don't think this exists commercially yet.

Our Ceramic Pro Ultimate IR Next Generation Ceramic Film offers 70% and 80% VLT's (clear and clearer) that offer more heat rejection than darkened films.

Think of the ping Pong Balls in the mason jar visual. Lets say the mason jar represents the entire physical structure of window tint. The ping pong balls you drop in it, would represent the dye, which is what darkens window films. Imagine all the open space left behind smaller than ping pong balls. This is then filled with sand. The sand represents UV and Heat rejection materials. When you use a nano-ceramic film in 70% or 80%, there is no dye in the film's construction, so there is more room in the film's physical construction for additional nano-ceramic particles and optical clarity particles. Think of this jar as full of sand, with no ping pong balls.

Tinting the canopy absolutely does NOT void any warranty. You can look through some of my post history to find a thread where I explain why that's not at all true.
It is installed on the inside.

Back