Happy Anniversary, Dreamers!

New Costs after 1st Anniversary?

Recall the following text at the bottom of the Purchase Agreement Configuration Summary:

"Some infotainment or connected vehicle features require enhanced vehicle wireless connectivity, which is included for the first year of ownership."

I believe this refers to the cellular system used for OTA downloads and all streaming functions, which I understand is AT&T. So, will we be required to assume the cost of maintaining that account after the first year of ownership? Can an owner use a different carrier or are we required to use the one chosen by Lucid? Has any DE owner on this forum received any communication from Lucid on this point?
I have always paid for cell service in my Navigator, $10/month through AT&T, but that is only for the hotspot/streaming. Vehicle monitoring/updates are free. Same for GM and Mercedes.

I have always paid for cell service in my Navigator, $10/month through AT&T, but that is only for the hotspot/streaming. Vehicle monitoring/updates are free. Same for GM and Mercedes.
Same AT&T account used by all three vehicles, or separate account for each?

Your carrier choice or the car maker decision?

Same AT&T account used by all three vehicles, or separate account for each?

Your carrier choice or the car maker decision?
Separate and no choice on carrier. I put a 5G hotspot in the Navigator for a while so I could use my regular AT&T account.

Separate and no choice on carrier. I put a 5G hotspot in the Navigator for a while so I could use my regular AT&T account.
So, you were paying AT&T $360/year to allow your cars to interact with the internet? I wonder how much we will have to pay and to whom?

Core monitoring functions are on one account, and subscriber hotspot access is separate. Typically the manufacturer covers the core monitoring and you can light up hotspot if you want - most folks will light it up for road trips and such but otherwise leave it dormant. The rest use hotspot on their regular devices assuming their plans allow for it. And disclaimer - I'm an ATT employee.

Core monitoring functions are on one account, and subscriber hotspot access is separate. Typically the manufacturer covers the core monitoring and you can light up hotspot if you want - most folks will light it up for road trips and such but otherwise leave it dormant. The rest use hotspot on their regular devices assuming their plans allow for it. And disclaimer - I'm an ATT employee.
This is how the Navigator works. I would assume that Lucid will at some point so the same and that if we want to stream music that we pay for internet access. But what about Alexa? Will we have access to her without paying but not be able to stream Amazon music?

This is how the Navigator works. I would assume that Lucid will at some point so the same and that if we want to stream music that we pay for internet access. But what about Alexa? Will we have access to her without paying but not be able to stream Amazon music?
And when will all of this happen? Probably Mr. Rhythm doesn't know. Might our Lucid staffer on the forum know?

That's a great question. I had assumed Alexa was driven through a phone app and music and whatnot was streaming from there. If it is actually all built into the car, then it would require a subscription, but whether that's included with the core functions or not, I don't know.

That's a great question. I had assumed Alexa was driven through a phone app and music and whatnot was streaming from there. If it is actually all built into the car, then it would require a subscription, but whether that's included with the core functions or not, I don't know.
As far as I know, Alexa itself doesn't require a subscription to use.

Another easy, free, Missed Opportunity, Lucid HQ?

With all the promotions for leasing and new purchases being released by HQ, I do not understand why -- for almost 2 years now -- the company has not simply acknowledged and thanked the cohort of first owners who took all of the launch risk of the Lucid Air back in October 2021 and thereafter.

520 Dream Edition Buyers. A small group of believers and well-wishers who rolled the dice and carried the Lucid Flag. https://insideevs.com/news/545620/recap-lucid-air-delivery-event/

But then, again, I'm early. Perhaps there is a press release or email prepped for distribution before the end of this month? Perhaps the goodwill resulting from this near-zero cost overture has been considered and we will get some virtual back-slapping 'Thank You?' Perhaps?

With all the promotions for leasing and new purchases being released by HQ, I do not understand why -- for almost 2 years now -- the company has not simply acknowledged and thanked the cohort of first owners who took all of the launch risk of the Lucid Air back in October 2021 and thereafter.

520 Dream Edition Buyers. A small group of believers and well-wishers who rolled the dice and carried the Lucid Flag. https://insideevs.com/news/545620/recap-lucid-air-delivery-event/

But then, again, I'm early. Perhaps there is a press release or email prepped for distribution before the end of this month? Perhaps the goodwill resulting from this near-zero cost overture has been considered and we will get some virtual back-slapping 'Thank You?' Perhaps?
Still got 20 days before the 2 year anniversary!

Still got 20 days before the 2 year anniversary!
I still have 60 days. Anyone know when the last DE was delivered?

Sapphire is making its way to Greenville. 😁

Screenshot 2023-10-10 at 1.06.51 PM.jpeg

Are you driving it or did you ship it this time around?
It's in a trailer with another car. First stop is Chicago then to Greenville. I seriously considered driving it. I am probably going to road trip it to COTA in late November as long as the weather cooperates and provided I can get insurance and tires we will do some HPDE laps.

It's in a trailer with another car. First stop is Chicago then to Greenville. I seriously considered driving it. I am probably going to road trip it to COTA in late November as long as the weather cooperates and provided I can get insurance and tires we will do some HPDE laps.
Are you going to PPF it? Or you just don't care? Curious as it's obviously a more pricey car than the Dream, but also it's meant to go faster which means way more chips

And congratulations!

Are you going to PPF it? Or you just don't care? Curious as it's obviously a more pricey car than the Dream, but also it's meant to go faster which means way more chips

And congratulations!
Thank you. That is a great question. I am not a huge PPF fan and usually drive my Pickup in any bad weather. The Sapphire however begs to be taken to HPDE events. We will certainly be passing a fair number of cars and lots of rubber and other debris on the race track, I think I will PPF this car. Trying to schedule the appointment right now. Thanks for the question!

I still have 60 days. Anyone know when the last DE was delivered?

Sapphire is making its way to Greenville. 😁

View attachment 15532
Super excited for you! If it has not been mentioned elsewhere, what are you doing with your current DE car?

Thank you for the acknowledgement. So far have not heard anything from HQ

Super excited for you! If it has not been mentioned elsewhere, what are you doing with your current DE car?
The DE is for sale, but I’m in not actively trying to move it. We may take both cars out to Michelin proving grounds and do some side by side comparisons.

Back