Gravity Vehicles Available Online

the "story" people on here have been supposing (far, far too credulously IMO) is that there is some game of parts availability whack-a-mole at the factory going on where they are, say, out of mid-size wheels or DDPro hardware when the HUD shipment comes in so they build whatever they can with whatever they can grab off the shelf. I personally find that really hard to believe.

OTOH, my theory, which is just that they're being dumbasses back at the factory, may also be hard to believe.

My theory is a mix of both of those honestly. Given the combos of parts it seems like they could have prioritized more customer orders over inventory cars but I don't have a lot of faith in their backend tracking systems.
 
My theory is a mix of both of those honestly. Given the combos of parts it seems like they could have prioritized more customer orders over inventory cars but I don't have a lot of faith in their backend tracking systems.
Totally agree. The problem with this approach is that a majority of those of us who order GGTs many months ago, ordered fully loaded (or close to) cars. So when they rarely build a full loaded GGT, it might be off by wheel size and then to complicate things, they will randomly ship it to Chicago. A couple weeks ago there was a GGT very close to my spec but with big instead of medium wheels and it was in Chicago. Almost claimed it but would have spent $2000 extra for wheels I did not want and then another $2000 for shipping. I told myself, be patient and wait for what I ordered. SA says it should go into production any week now, but with this random, disorganized approach, who knows?
 
Totally agree. The problem with this approach is that a majority of those of us who order GGTs many months ago, ordered fully loaded (or close to) cars. So when they rarely build a full loaded GGT, it might be off by wheel size and then to complicate things, they will randomly ship it to Chicago. A couple weeks ago there was a GGT very close to my spec but with big instead of medium wheels and it was in Chicago. Almost claimed it but would have spent $2000 extra for wheels I did not want and then another $2000 for shipping. I told myself, be patient and wait for what I ordered. SA says it should go into production any week now, but with this random, disorganized approach, who knows?
It could also be an attempt at selling more cars, counting on the order holders to not cancel them and keep waiting. They build specs slightly off from the orders so they don't match existing orders 100%. Pure and unfounded speculation :)
 
Just for fun (feel free to double-check my math here) I calculated that there are 51,840 unique variations of Gravity that can be ordered today, ignoring Dream Edition.
  • Colors: 6
  • Interiors: 5
  • Wheels: 3
  • Stealth vs Platinum: 2
  • 5 Seat vs 7 Seat: 2
  • DreamDrive: 3
  • SurrealSound: 2
  • Tech package: 3
  • Interior comfort package: 2 choices (no or yes)
  • Tow package: 2 choices (no or yes)
  • Dynamic Handling package: 2 choices (no or yes)
Total Unique Variations = 6 × 5 × 3 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 2 × 3 × 2 × 2 x 2 = 51,840

In comparison, a Tesla Model X today has a grand total of:
  • Trim: AWD or Plaid
  • for AWD
    • 6 colors
    • 2 wheels
    • 3 interior colors
    • 3 seat options
  • for Plaid
    • 6 colors
    • 2 wheels
    • 3 interior colors
    • 2 steering wheel options
AWD (108) + Plaid (72) = 180 total unique variations.
I feel like Lucid really complicated things for themselves by offering so much choice.
 
It seems pretty clear to me that Lucid is not designing their manufacturing process for custom ordered vehicles.
Just for fun (feel free to double-check my math here) I calculated that there are 51,840 unique variations of Gravity that can be ordered today, ignoring Dream Edition.
  • Colors: 6
  • Interiors: 5
  • Wheels: 3
  • Stealth vs Platinum: 2
  • 5 Seat vs 7 Seat: 2
  • DreamDrive: 3
  • SurrealSound: 2
  • Tech package: 3
  • Interior comfort package: 2 choices (no or yes)
  • Tow package: 2 choices (no or yes)
  • Dynamic Handling package: 2 choices (no or yes)
Total Unique Variations = 6 × 5 × 3 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 2 × 3 × 2 × 2 x 2 = 51,840

In comparison, a Tesla Model X today has a grand total of:
  • Trim: AWD or Plaid
  • for AWD
    • 6 colors
    • 2 wheels
    • 3 interior colors
    • 3 seat options
  • for Plaid
    • 6 colors
    • 2 wheels
    • 3 interior colors
    • 2 steering wheel options
AWD (108) + Plaid (72) = 180 total unique variations.
I feel like Lucid really complicated things for themselves by offering so much choice.
Great analysis, thanks.

I wonder if Lucid is designing their manufacturing process to optimize for custom orders. It seems like few vehicle manufacturers do that. Instead they optimize for scale and cost, and they hope to produce a useful array of vehicle configurations where most customers order from inventory, and not a custom build.
 
Yes quite a few tech package and some of the other Quantum Grey and Supernova colors available now but they are always missing something that is hard to change...
 
I (and a few others) have often said there's a few options that should just be standard. I feel like they were trying too hard to keep the base model under $100k and overly complicated the options available because of it.
 
Yes quite a few tech package and some of the other Quantum Grey and Supernova colors available now but they are always missing something that is hard to change...
Yeah, there's one available now I'd go buy today if only it had a tahoe interior. Every other option is exactly what I want.
 
Just for fun (feel free to double-check my math here) I calculated that there are 51,840 unique variations of Gravity that can be ordered today, ignoring Dream Edition.
  • Colors: 6
  • Interiors: 5
  • Wheels: 3
  • Stealth vs Platinum: 2
  • 5 Seat vs 7 Seat: 2
  • DreamDrive: 3
  • SurrealSound: 2
  • Tech package: 3
  • Interior comfort package: 2 choices (no or yes)
  • Tow package: 2 choices (no or yes)
  • Dynamic Handling package: 2 choices (no or yes)
Total Unique Variations = 6 × 5 × 3 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 2 × 3 × 2 × 2 x 2 = 51,840

In comparison, a Tesla Model X today has a grand total of:
  • Trim: AWD or Plaid
  • for AWD
    • 6 colors
    • 2 wheels
    • 3 interior colors
    • 3 seat options
  • for Plaid
    • 6 colors
    • 2 wheels
    • 3 interior colors
    • 2 steering wheel options
AWD (108) + Plaid (72) = 180 total unique variations.
I feel like Lucid really complicated things for themselves by offering so much choice.
Agree 100% way to many configuration choices, I know other brands are worse - to make their 2025 QE they need to sell almost 10k.
I hope Lucid make their QE goal otherwise converting excess available inventory to "loaners" is another option.
 
Agree 100% way to many configuration choices, I know other brands are worse - to make their 2025 QE they need to sell almost 10k.
I hope Lucid make their QE goal otherwise converting excess available inventory to "loaners" is another option.
On the other hand, the combinatoric explosion in the Porsche catalog has got to be in the billions, maybe more. There's also many many options one can choose for an F150. I don't think it's a given that having options is at the root of Lucid's challenges.
 
On the other hand, the combinatoric explosion in the Porsche catalog has got to be in the billions, maybe more. There's also many many options one can choose for an F150. I don't think it's a given that having options is at the root of Lucid's challenges.

Where I believe it becomes a challenge isn't simply the array of variations you can choose but Lucid's extremely limited production capacity. If they had the production capacity of Porsche or Ford I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue but they don't.
 
More and more cars today, up to 184 total on the site (88 5 seaters and 96 7 seaters).
 
Hmm… I don’t understand you’re seeing more than I am. My unfiltered search (within 10,000 miles of California) comes back with 136 total.
 
Hmm… I don’t understand you’re seeing more than I am. My unfiltered search (within 10,000 miles of California) comes back with 136 total.

My quick and easy way to check totals is to switch to the mobile site and filter for 5 seat with 12 way adjustable seats and then 5 seat with 18 way adjustable seats, then repeat with 7 seat.

Right now there are 32 5 seat/12 way (Mojave basic interior), 56 5 seat with upgraded 18 way seating, 45 7 seat/12 way and 51 7 seat 18 way. 32+56+45+51=
 
Boy, the Air GT sure has beefed up for the 2026 model year.... 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️
AISelect_20251021_225133_Chrome.webp
 
My quick and easy way to check totals is to switch to the mobile site and filter for 5 seat with 12 way adjustable seats and then 5 seat with 18 way adjustable seats, then repeat with 7 seat.

Right now there are 32 5 seat/12 way (Mojave basic interior), 56 5 seat with upgraded 18 way seating, 45 7 seat/12 way and 51 7 seat 18 way. 32+56+45+51=
Huh. I'm looking directly at the API itself, with no filters and a range of 10,000 miles from the geographic center of the US (somewhere in South Dakota apparently), and I get 135 items.

 
Huh. I'm looking directly at the API itself, with no filters and a range of 10,000 miles from the geographic center of the US (somewhere in South Dakota apparently), and I get 135 items.


Not sure, like I said I was pulling it using a changedetect instance but it failed right after they pulled all those cars last week and I just haven't had time to fix it. I've just been checking manually right now and the method I used above is how I determined the total number. I didn't verify all of them though, just assuming the filter is working correctly.
 
Huh. I'm looking directly at the API itself, with no filters and a range of 10,000 miles from the geographic center of the US (somewhere in South Dakota apparently), and I get 135 items.

Definitely something wonky with the API. Right now it returns 134 but I manually checked how many broken down by color and I get 181 total:

83 Black
14 White
55 Green
17 Grey
12 Bronze
 
This is another one that pisses the hell out of me. One item off from my order (Platinum vs Stealth) but the real pisser is that even though it is no showing at a given location (so I would assume still at factory) it is showing $2000 shipping cost to me in Houston. I am convinced more than ever that pre-ordered cars are not a priority with Lucid at all and that maybe they are purposely cranking out inventory cars instead so that they can make an extra $2000 shipping per car.

I know, this is probably bogus and I am just venting but this is getting very frustrating.

 
Back
Top