Gravity Vehicles Available Online

This is another one that pisses the hell out of me. One item off from my order (Platinum vs Stealth) but the real pisser is that even though it is no showing at a given location (so I would assume still at factory) it is showing $2000 shipping cost to me in Houston. I am convinced more than ever that pre-ordered cars are not a priority with Lucid at all and that maybe they are purposely cranking out inventory cars instead so that they can make an extra $2000 shipping per car.

I know, this is probably bogus and I am just venting but this is getting very frustrating.

There are cars that are available in 4 weeks. I believe these are still in the factory and will not incur additional shipping charges. I ordered such a car, it ended up taking less than 4 weeks to ship to New Jersey.
 
A really nice spec white one headed to San Diego. If that was stealth and had the upgraded stereo I might have bought it myself even if my wife is meh on the white. 😆

 
This is probably the dumbest available Gravity I've seen. Literally every option except for the base seats? Why???
 
This is probably the dumbest available Gravity I've seen. Literally every option except for the base seats? Why???
Totally agree. More proof that factory is just pulling random parts off the shelves and sticking them on cars. Who in their right mind is going to option all of the other high end goodies but cheep out of basic seats. Don’t worry, I am sure Lucid will sell it, probably to someone who is not well informed on differences and when it shows up will say “hey, where is that fancy back of seat fold down tray and how come these seats are not AC or massage that I hear so much about”?
 
This is probably the dumbest available Gravity I've seen. Literally every option except for the base seats? Why???
No idea, but a good example of the randomness…what’s really confusing is I can’t imagine that car was batched with other cars with those specs (and base seats). Who knows. Really tough to pay that much for a car with base seats. But someone will…or they’ll get rid of it with a “secret” discount…
 
Looks like the fully loaded GGT, green, Tahoe is back in the available vehicle list. I originally reserved this earlier today but it is located in Atlanta and would cost $1500 to ship to Houston. After Lucid assured me that my April order GGT was due to go in to production next week, I turned this down and so is back available. Fully loaded GGTs like this don’t pop up on list very often, so if you are way down on list and want sooner, jump now.
 
Looks like the fully loaded GGT, green, Tahoe is back in the available vehicle list.
Saw that too. They come but are rare. Shipping to Ohio was listed at $1k. Interestingly my SA *implied* he could probably get that transportation fee waived if that would seal a cash buy but I didn't push it. It's hard (for me anyway) to spend this kind of money on a car even if I easily could afford it. I need to get over that mental hurdle first.
 
Saw that too. They come but are rare. Shipping to Ohio was listed at $1k. Interestingly my SA *implied* he could probably get that transportation fee waived if that would seal a cash buy but I didn't push it. It's hard (for me anyway) to spend this kind of money on a car even if I easily could afford it. I need to get over that mental hurdle first.
Your SA is unlikely to get it waived. I don’t think anyone here has reported getting it waived. Many folks, however, have reported their SA over promising and under performing.

100% agree on the money piece. No matter the price, it takes a lot to make a lot. Hard to part with it.
 
Your SA is unlikely to get it waived. I don’t think anyone here has reported getting it waived. Many folks, however, have reported their SA over promising and under performing.

100% agree on the money piece. No matter the price, it takes a lot to make a lot. Hard to part with it.
Actually, my SA a was the one who initially brought up the subject of asking to waive transfer fee (without me prompting). I initially had hopes of waiver but then supervisor pointed out that my order car was about to go into production (this coming week supposedly) so they suggested I wait for it. It came down to get in 2 weeks for extra $1500 or wait an additional 3-4 weeks and save the $1500. My inner tightwad took over. Hard to say tightwad when spending close to $130k.

I have a feeling that if you are a long time order holder and your order is not targeted for production soon, you might be able to argue for the waiver.
 
I continue to be amazed by how many odd/low spec Gravity they keep making (and not selling). The number of available vehicles has been climbing to hit a peak of 201 yesterday and sitting at 197 as of right now (101 5 seaters and 96 7 seaters). Quite a number of these have been sitting unsold for over a month now.

And yet somehow in all of that mix of features they didn't have parts to build more customer orders and would rather have these seemingly unsellable ones in inventory.
 
I continue to be amazed by how many odd/low spec Gravity they keep making (and not selling). The number of available vehicles has been climbing to hit a peak of 201 yesterday and sitting at 197 as of right now (101 5 seaters and 96 7 seaters). Quite a number of these have been sitting unsold for over a month now.

And yet somehow in all of that mix of features they didn't have parts to build more customer orders and would rather have these seemingly unsellable ones in inventory.
Agree, very odd way of manufacturing. But they are desperate to get to 18k produced. They will produce, let them rot in the sun, and then give them away with huge discounts next year. This is what happens when you delay production 6 months. You start chasing your tail and making desperate decisions.

All due to " supply chain disruptions"......
 
Well, my SA just let me know that a car matching my spec except for 7 seats instead of 5 just entered production, in case I wanted to switch.
So, they’re not all bad
 
Well, my SA just let me know that a car matching my spec except for 7 seats instead of 5 just entered production, in case I wanted to switch.
So, they’re not all bad
Not at all, there have been a few good spec ones for sure but I'd say that the majority aren't. At least of the ones we can see hitting the available vehicles site.
 
I continue to be amazed by how many odd/low spec Gravity they keep making (and not selling). The number of available vehicles has been climbing to hit a peak of 201 yesterday and sitting at 197 as of right now (101 5 seaters and 96 7 seaters). Quite a number of these have been sitting unsold for over a month now.

And yet somehow in all of that mix of features they didn't have parts to build more customer orders and would rather have these seemingly unsellable ones in inventory.
Well, this may be why they’re offering 2.99% for it. I definitely would’ve bought versus leased if they offered me
2.99%.
 
Well, this may be why they’re offering 2.99% for it. I definitely would’ve bought versus leased if they offered me
2.99%.
Was told that this rate will be good for this month, so those who want to finance don't need to rush and can wait until the right config is available.
Lucid is definitely ramping up with 2 shifts now.
 
Was told that this rate will be good for this month, so those who want to finance don't need to rush and can wait until the right config is available.
Lucid is definitely ramping up with 2 shifts now.
They usually update incentives monthly, so I’d expect this one to stay (or get better) through December to try to deliver as many Gravity as possible. It feels like production has ramped up but not sure deliveries are keeping pace. I hope they are! Despite the bugs, it’s an amazing car to drive and 99% of the time I am choosing it over our X and R1S.
 
Fully loaded green with tech, Tahoe and biggest rims available now. The one I wanted but I jumped on a bronze as I was in a time crunch.
 
Looks like the fully loaded GGT, green, Tahoe is back in the available vehicle list. I originally reserved this earlier today but it is located in Atlanta and would cost $1500 to ship to Houston. After Lucid assured me that my April order GGT was due to go in to production next week, I turned this down and so is back available. Fully loaded GGTs like this don’t pop up on list very often, so if you are way down on list and want sooner, jump now.
If I really wanted it, I'd just hop a cheap flight there and drive it home.

Although need to be careful with how sales tax and other stuff works for an out-of-state purchase. It varies by state.
 
Yes quite a few tech package and some of the other Quantum Grey and Supernova colors available now but they are always missing something that is hard to change...

saw a QG very close to mine, I believe only the wheels are different. mine isn't in production yet (ordered Feb/Mar) and was told last week I won't get it until mid-December. agree with others, build order doesn't seem to make much sense.

sort of makes me think twice now of just getting an iX or waiting for the updated Polestar 3. :/
 
saw a QG very close to mine, I believe only the wheels are different. mine isn't in production yet (ordered Feb/Mar) and was told last week I won't get it until mid-December. agree with others, build order doesn't seem to make much sense.

sort of makes me think twice now of just getting an iX or waiting for the updated Polestar 3. :/
Polestar? I don’t even think of that as competition or similar to Lucid, an X or a BMW…I’ve driven Polestars and think they’re definitely a step down. They’re in very different price categories than an iX, etc.

Then again, everyone is looking for a different experience. But I think the cost difference, in this case, is indicative of quality and performance differences.
 
Back
Top