Gravity Software Wishlist 2026

Push and hold both touchpads for 3 seconds to disable the touch function. I find myself accidentally swiping around the touch and changing screens too much. More often than not, I'm not on the screen I want. I would be nice to be able to toggle the touch on and off somehow.
That IS actually an option in one of the menus. I can’t recall where, but I know it’s there as I messed with it when I was testing to see whether the touchpads were capacitive AND required a press.
 
I have to say this: Why do some on this forum insist on pealing back everyone's view because they don't agree with it. He was not making a big deal about it, you and your other Lucid co-worker did. Time and again I see that Lucid employees are on this forum to control any narrative they don't like.
I don’t work for Lucid. Neither does @HC_79. The only reason I pushed back is because I disagree. If they’re allowed to post their view, surely I’m allowed to post my disagreement with their view? That’s how discourse works.

The forum affords Lucid owners a place to vent.... perhaps to say anything they want about there experience with the vehicle, some will be great some really bad. Right wrong or indifferent, they are taking the time to share the experience.
And we value all those that share here in good faith. That’s why this forum exists. Plenty of good, plenty of bad.

Of course those that are NOT sharing, maybe don't have the time or desire to do that. I can say with certainty its not because they are not having issues.
No, you can’t say that with certainty, at all. Do you have the statistics? If not, neither you nor I can state that affirmatively or otherwise, and to pretend anything else is foolish.

If you think that the vast majority of the issues are not affecting every single Gravity made, I have some land to sell you at a really good price in the swamp.
Good luck with the sale. I can guarantee they aren’t affecting every single Gravity made, and I actually *can* say that with certainty, as most of the issues reported I do not see on mine.

C'mon That is what Lucid employees on this forum want you to think. The vast majority of issues are across the line up, this is confirmed each time I call customer service.
What Lucid employees, exactly? You are working with misconstrued and misguided assumptions, friend.

Regarding this auto fan thing: I for one, think the auto fan feature layout is poorly done.
And you’re allowed to think that.

That said I did know how to use it without reading the manual. I think the UI overall is easier than most to navigate, but it doesn't mean I don't think it could be better laid out. Some don't think so (especially Lucid employees on this forum).
I never said it couldn’t be better. I’m sure it could be.

I said it was understandable without having to read a user manual.

And, based on what you wrote, it sounds like you agree. So I’m not sure what this is about. 🤷‍♂️
 
So I’m not sure what this is about.
The opening sentence makes that clear. You have the same hardware and same software as everyone else, yet you don't have the same issues, I guess you sprayed your software with bug killer. "In my opinion", You loose all credibility with statements like that, especially as a moderator. What your saying doesn't make an ounce of sense, but thanks for sharing that you have a Gravity that has no issues. Same hardware with same software produces same result, that is certain beyond a reasonable doubt.

NO hard feelings just disagreeing. We agree on some things of course and disagree on others. That is OK, all good here.
 
The opening sentence makes that clear. You have the same hardware and same software as everyone else, yet you don't have the same issues, I guess you sprayed your software with bug killer. "In my opinion", You loose all credibility with statements like that, especially as a moderator. What your saying doesn't make an ounce of sense, but thanks for sharing that you have a Gravity that has no issues. Same hardware with same software produces same result, that is certain beyond a reasonable doubt.

NO hard feelings just disagreeing. We agree on some things of course and disagree on others. That is OK, all good here.

So let me get this straight, you decided to come after people for what you deem as being mean or dismissive but then add some snark \ sarcasm into your response? So it's ok for YOU to say what YOU want but not others. Double standards much? 😂

A disagreement is not an "attack" as you put it just as "in my opinion" doesn't lose anyone credibility. People are allowed to disagree just as much as people are allowed to vent, it's the internet. It seems you just want a forum where people can vent and everyone else should just shut up, that's not how forums work.
 
Wishlist item for 2026 June iso-15118-20 software upgrade support for bidirectional power transfer enabling v2h
 
Wishlist item for 2026 June iso-15118-20 software upgrade support for bidirectional power transfer enabling v2h
That would be nice for sure! Air owners have been waiting for years for this also and all Lucid keeps saying is "soon".
 
Enphase 2026 EVSE (coming soon since 2022,) lists iso-15118-20. That and lucid software to support is my 2026 wishlist.
 
So let me get this straight, you decided to come after people for what you deem as being mean or dismissive but then add some snark \ sarcasm into your response? So it's ok for YOU to say what YOU want but not others. Double standards much? 😂

A disagreement is not an "attack" as you put it just as "in my opinion" doesn't lose anyone credibility. People are allowed to disagree just as much as people are allowed to vent, it's the internet. It seems you just want a forum where people can vent and everyone else should just shut up, that's not how forums work.
Keep proving my point, good work.
 
Chill. Agreeable people can agree to disagree. Let’s move on…I think everyone needs time in Sanctury mode… ✌️
1761146760937.gif
 
The opening sentence makes that clear. You have the same hardware and same software as everyone else, yet you don't have the same issues, I guess you sprayed your software with bug killer. "In my opinion", You loose all credibility with statements like that, especially as a moderator. What your saying doesn't make an ounce of sense, but thanks for sharing that you have a Gravity that has no issues. Same hardware with same software produces same result, that is certain beyond a reasonable doubt.

NO hard feelings just disagreeing. We agree on some things of course and disagree on others. That is OK, all good here.
I’m confused. Are you insinuating I’m lying, and that my Gravity does have issues that I’m not being honest about? If so, I’m not here to convince you I’m being honest, but that’s a terrible way to approach discourse. It’s possible I misunderstood.

Moreover, being a moderator doesn’t mean not having opinions or sharing experiences. Our goal here is to discuss, not censor, as evidenced by *all of the posts discussing this*.

So once again, I ask: what is this about?

Your first sentence stated “I have to say this: Why do some on this forum insist on pealing back everyone's view because they don't agree with it.”

That is the wrong question, as neither I nor anyone else is disagreeing with someone else’s opinion; people are stating their experiences, and even if someone *Is* disagreeing with an opinion, that is also okay.

Saying “that isn’t what happened to me” or “that’s not an experience I’ve had” is not the same as “you have not had that experience.” That seems obvious to me.

Everyone is allowed to state their opinions and describe their experiences. That doesn’t exclude those who have had positive ones.

I’m really not sure what’s being argued about, so if you could try to clarify, that’d be great.
 
You have the same hardware and same software as everyone else, yet you don't have the same issues, I guess you sprayed your software with bug killer. "In my opinion", You loose all credibility with statements like that, especially as a moderator. What your saying doesn't make an ounce of sense
This is a good indicator you’ve never built complex software. I’m not saying this to pull any kind of “experience” card here, but you’re working with flawed assumptions.

Not all cars have exactly the same hardware. Sometimes, some components come from multiple manufacturers, especially after all the supply chain madness where one supplier gets held up for months.

Moreover, not all cars have the same software, as a result. Often, the vendor writes the components’ firmware, not Lucid, for example. Lucid ships it, but doesn’t write it.

Different configurations can also have different gremlins; things might crop up with one but not another, if have or don’t have DDP, for one example.

Additionally, you’re not accounting for hardware issues that present as software, like a pinched wire, a bad connection, etc.

In short: your statement is short-sighted and inaccurate, and does not take into account the complexity of the product you’re looking at.

Those aren’t excuses. Those are facts.
 
@NoseyReporter I found it. It’s under settings (the gear icon), then “vehicle”, then “mirrors & steering wheel”…sorry for the blurry pic.
Wow. So this disables the swipe function of the trackpad ? Cool.

I MUST start reading the manual.
 
This is a good indicator you’ve never built complex software. I’m not saying this to pull any kind of “experience” card here, but you’re working with flawed assumptions.

Not all cars have exactly the same hardware. Sometimes, some components come from multiple manufacturers, especially after all the supply chain madness where one supplier gets held up for months.

Moreover, not all cars have the same software, as a result. Often, the vendor writes the components’ firmware, not Lucid, for example. Lucid ships it, but doesn’t write it.

Different configurations can also have different gremlins; things might crop up with one but not another, if have or don’t have DDP, for one example.

Additionally, you’re not accounting for hardware issues that present as software, like a pinched wire, a bad connection, etc.

In short: your statement is short-sighted and inaccurate, and does not take into account the complexity of the product you’re looking at.

Those aren’t excuses. Those are facts.
Look, clearly we don't agree, and that's OK. But don't make it personal you have no idea what experience I have and don't have (Mr. Facts). There is some truth to what your saying just mis-applied. I am done talking about this with you. You clearly have attacked posters and not just "disagreed" that was my main point and I really don't care what you think, "its the internet right?"

Luckily for you, Lucid had all the perfect hardware for your vehicle that worked perfectly with your version of software yet they haven't made enough of them to make your theory pass muster. Fact Check: I have been in IT for over 30 years working with software and hardware, programming etc... but lets not talk about "experience"

It all GOOD! this back and forth isn't worth my time. Enjoy your Gravity!
 
Luckily for you, Lucid had all the perfect hardware for your vehicle that worked perfectly with your version of software yet they haven't made enough of them to make your theory pass muster.
I wanted to say that I share your experience about the car and the forum.
I had my Gravity for a month, after waiting 10 months since placing the order.
By ordering early I volunteered to be an early adopter, accepting that it won't be perfect, but hoping that I won't be an Alpha tester since Lucid had a year to figure out basic stuff with their employees driving first batches of Gravity production.
I also have 30 years career in technology, last 15 in embedded software, microcontrollers, system development and integration. I truly and deeply understand what is involved in making this product, both in human and technological aspects.
With that in mind, the best word I can find to describe my current Gravity software experience is grotesque (defined as odd or unnatural in shape, appearance, or character; fantastically ugly or absurd; bizarre. Synonyms: wild, antic, weird, deformed, distorted).
Every day I drive the car I am stunned, baffled, taken aback (add all other synonyms here) by the reality of the software state in a vehicle released for mass production.
What really amazes me is not one or a few specific issues, which I could appreciate to be difficult to pinpoint and fix.
For example, key fob issue, while embarassing and inconvenient, is not part of my grotesque experience. I know how to quickly reset and recover, so I can live with it until PaaK is ready.
It is the fact that dozens and dozens of simple and basic UI elements and functions are so grotesquely out of whack that I simply cannot imagine there is a single QC team member at Lucid with sign off authority for public release. In my professional experience this looks like something developed and immediately released by a team of interns, it is so unbelievably terrible.
Any basic QC test program would immediately invalidate this hot mess from public release.
Adding insult to the injury are people on the forum swearing they don't experience these issues even though our cars are virtually identical and running the same software to the minor release version. I must assume these people are honest, which only leads me to conclude that my specific car is defective in some way that is manifesting in grotesque software behavior. But my decades of experience tell me this is not plausible, or at least very unlikely, hence my baffled position.
I'm dropping it off at SC next week for essentially a factory reset since DreamDrive has never activated on it, updating the fob, and generally expecting some sort of miracle that would make it more usable other than a rolling sled.
I plan to write up a more detailed forum post about my experiences since it's my duty as an Alpha tester to report back to Lucid. Clearly they lack the paid staff to do this work, so we have to help them make this a better product.
Sorry for my rambling...
 
Back
Top