Gravity Software Wishlist 2026

adding one more - though I’m fairly sure this won’t be possible

None of the cameras have night mode / IR mode. Here’s a picture of me backing up in my driveway. Can’t see a thing.

Gen 1 issues.

IMG_0302.webp
 
adding one more - though I’m fairly sure this won’t be possible

None of the cameras have night mode / IR mode. Here’s a picture of me backing up in my driveway. Can’t see a thing.

Gen 1 issues.

View attachment 33437
I agree on the night camera challenge. Back up camera is largely useless at night. But the same is true for my R1S. If they’re not using cameras for ASAD (and I don’t believe Lucid or Rivian are), they don’t need to spend to have better cameras.
 
My app works perfectly to control hvac, seats, etc from app to car and I can if a window is open, etc. It reminds me if a door is left open (which my kids love to do), etc.

Software Priorities 1-10 for me are fix all bugs. That will keep them busy for a while - so I guess 2026 is a good title for the thread.

Live View - turning off WiFi is fine for now. It’s the least of my issues with bugs. Personally, I don’t care to have it at all - what is the use case other than “Tesla and Rivian have it”? I would prefer they focus on more useful features to be used more regularly (for me). As long as it doesn’t record motion, etc, I don’t need it. If it only worked for security, I’d be fine with it.

Seeing the cameras while driving would be great.
Agree. Fixing bugs is a huge huge deal. I haven’t turned off wifi but since I usually charge the car overnight- live view won’t work regardless.

Yeah the remote stuff hasn’t worked consistently for me at all. 🥲
 
Agree. Fixing bugs is a huge huge deal. I haven’t turned off wifi but since I usually charge the car overnight- live view won’t work regardless.

Yeah the remote stuff hasn’t worked consistently for me at all. 🥲
I do agree that if you’re going have live view, turning it off while charging is strange…the only use case (for me) is actually when the car is at a public charger that’s controlled by a screen as I’ve had people try to end my session before.
 
I agree on the night camera challenge. Back up camera is largely useless at night. But the same is true for my R1S. If they’re not using cameras for ASAD (and I don’t believe Lucid or Rivian are), they don’t need to spend to have better cameras.
Oh wow. R1S doesn’t have those either? Yeah. Definitely a miss.

I’m curios what Lucid’s going to do with all the sensors and extra hardware if the goal is to not do ADAS?
 
I do agree that if you’re going have live view, turning it off while charging is strange…the only use case (for me) is actually when the car is at a public charger that’s controlled by a screen as I’ve had people try to end my session before.
That’s exactly when I identified the issue as well. Car was charging and I got a notification about charger being disconnected (hotel level 2, J1772). Tried to bring up cameras and ….. 🙂
 
On remote start - if you don’t have the keys for any reason, a remote driver should be able to enable the car to drive. Had happened to me personally when my phone ran out of charge and my spouse unlocked and allowed me to drive the Tesla.

Right now that’s not an option. Or add a pin to drive.
I’ve found remote everything for the car is more reliable if the car is NOT on WiFi. I found this to be true of the Air as well. I can remote unlock the set climate on Gravity fine if it’s not on WiFi, not sure why.
 
I’ve found remote everything for the car is more reliable if the car is NOT on WiFi. I found this to be true of the Air as well. I can remote unlock the set climate on Gravity fine if it’s not on WiFi, not sure why.
Cool.

I’ll test more without the WiFi. Weird bug if that’s the case. Hopefully that means “easy” to fix.
 
Oh wow. R1S doesn’t have those either? Yeah. Definitely a miss.

I’m curios what Lucid’s going to do with all the sensors and extra hardware if the goal is to not do ADAS?
They’re doing ADAS, they’re doing it right now and hands-free is supposedly coming later this year.
 
Not a bug, but I saw this for the first time (2nd row) and found it interesting:
IMG_7367.webp


We also triggered Lucid Spaces in Sanctuary Mode for the first time in a while and there seem to be new dynamic lighting effects with color-chasing accent lights. We arrived someplace 10 minutes early and it was a fun way to kill time in the parking garage.
 
Oh wow. R1S doesn’t have those either? Yeah. Definitely a miss.

I’m curios what Lucid’s going to do with all the sensors and extra hardware if the goal is to not do ADAS?
They’re doing ADAS, as @HC_79 said. What I meant was unlike Tesla, Lucid (and Rivian) aren’t relying on the cameras for ADAS. Tesla only uses the cameras (no radar, etc) for FSD, so I expect their cameras have to be higher quality and able to “see” in lower light than Lucid’s.
 
I still can't get used to black icons meaning ON and light icons meaning OFF, somehow it doesn't compute in my brain.
I'm not a UI expert, but this UI color scheme is one of my pet peeves with the car.
Hope someday there will be a choice for it, unless it's another thing I didn't read in the manual and will be promptly corrected here :p
 
I still can't get used to black icons meaning ON and light icons meaning OFF, somehow it doesn't compute in my brain.
I'm not a UI expert, but this UI color scheme is one of my pet peeves with the car.
Hope someday there will be a choice for it, unless it's another thing I didn't read in the manual and will be promptly corrected here :p
Agreed. I keep hitting things twice because I can't tell if they're on or off. I hope they make these more visually distinctive in a future update.
 
I still can't get used to black icons meaning ON and light icons meaning OFF, somehow it doesn't compute in my brain.
I'm not a UI expert, but this UI color scheme is one of my pet peeves with the car.
Hope someday there will be a choice for it, unless it's another thing I didn't read in the manual and will be promptly corrected here :p

Yeah.. IMO usability is completely screwed up. However ... have you read the manual ? 🤣
THAT will tell you how to operate the UI.

/s in case it was not evident.

FWIW I still cant figure out the lucid vibes thing - does animate black mean on or off? and what does it actually do ?
 
Yeah.. IMO usability is completely screwed up. However ... have you read the manual ? 🤣
THAT will tell you how to operate the UI.

/s in case it was not evident.

FWIW I still cant figure out the lucid vibes thing - does animate black mean on or off? and what does it actually do ?
It doesn't seem to be implemented yet -- I imagine this will do some fun lighting effects with the music or with acceleration. Right now you can see animated lighting if you activate the Lucid Spaces experience in Sanctuary Mode.
 
Perhaps look at it this way.
  1. There is a giant 10 inch screen in the car - With 60% space to do / write something meaningful.
OK? They use a lot of that space...

  1. But despite that, the only way you can figure out how in the world climate control works is by reading a user manual. 🤣
Read what I wrote more carefully. I specifically didn't need to read the manual. It was obvious and the same as every other car I've driven.

I mean even you had to read a user manual to figure it out, and yet somehow that’s ok?
That's not what I said.

That’s a no for me. That UI 100% needs to be better designed. And while they are at it, the color scheme / usability needs to be better for those screens.
I think we've established your opinion on that.
 
adding one more - though I’m fairly sure this won’t be possible

None of the cameras have night mode / IR mode. Here’s a picture of me backing up in my driveway. Can’t see a thing.

Gen 1 issues.

View attachment 33437
We have this issue too; I agree
 
adding one more - though I’m fairly sure this won’t be possible

None of the cameras have night mode / IR mode. Here’s a picture of me backing up in my driveway. Can’t see a thing.

...
That's disappointing. There aren't any street lights where I live, and it's been nice having a backup camera on my Toyota Highlander that I can see something with. I wonder if this could be improved just with software, or whether it'd really need new camera hardware.
 
Back
Top