Gravity Software Wishlist 2026

I believe there is a soft "chuck" sound - or perhaps I am imagining it.
There is and I am ALWAYS listening for it when I walk away and I still turn around and glance (I mean, it's such a good looking vehicle, why wouldn't I???) just to make sure. Would love a horn or chirp to inform that it has locked up.
 
I'd like an aiming reticle option for the HUD, so I can properly engage the up gunned frunk weapons package.
I would’ve 100% waited for the hud if this were an option. If it were a fake missile or something to ameliorate my rage when someone cuts me off - bonus. Call it the “Top Gun” package.

This is something only Tesla would do but they have no HUD!
 
There is and I am ALWAYS listening for it when I walk away and I still turn around and glance (I mean, it's such a good looking vehicle, why wouldn't I???) just to make sure. Would love a horn or chirp to inform that it has locked up.
My wishlist includes the request for Lucid to use premium sounds and with appropriate volume.
 
That's disappointing. There aren't any street lights where I live, and it's been nice having a backup camera on my Toyota Highlander that I can see something with. I wonder if this could be improved just with software, or whether it'd really need new camera hardware.


Night more / IR cameras should be a given in a car at this price point. My understanding is that this will require a hardware upgrade. It’s like a $20 per camera difference to make it work from the outset . I’d happily pay extra for that.
 
That's disappointing. There aren't any street lights where I live, and it's been nice having a backup camera on my Toyota Highlander that I can see something with. I wonder if this could be improved just with software, or whether it'd really need new camera hardware.
This was a thing with the Air for a bit at release. They later vastly improved the images via software.
 
He said he DIDN’T need to read the manual to figure it out, nor did I. It’s been like this since the Air was launched and you’re the first person I’ve seen that’s making a big deal about it. Clearly it’s not that big of a deal to everyone else. 🤷‍♂️
I have to say this: Why do some on this forum insist on pealing back everyone's view because they don't agree with it. He was not making a big deal about it, you and your other Lucid co-worker did. Time and again I see that Lucid employees are on this forum to control any narrative they don't like.

The forum affords Lucid owners a place to vent.... perhaps to say anything they want about there experience with the vehicle, some will be great some really bad. Right wrong or indifferent, they are taking the time to share the experience. Of course those that are NOT sharing, maybe don't have the time or desire to do that. I can say with certainty its not because they are not having issues. If you think that the vast majority of the issues are not affecting every single Gravity made, I have some land to sell you at a really good price in the swamp. C'mon That is what Lucid employees on this forum want you to think. The vast majority of issues are across the line up, this is confirmed each time I call customer service.

Regarding this auto fan thing: I for one, think the auto fan feature layout is poorly done. That said I did know how to use it without reading the manual. I think the UI overall is easier than most to navigate, but it doesn't mean I don't think it could be better laid out. Some don't think so (especially Lucid employees on this forum).
 
I have to say this: Why do some on this forum insist on pealing back everyone's view because they don't agree with it. He was not making a big deal about it, you and your other Lucid co-worker did. Time and again I see that Lucid employees are on this forum to control any narrative they don't like.

The forum affords Lucid owners a place to vent.... perhaps to say anything they want about there experience with the vehicle, some will be great some really bad. Right wrong or indifferent, they are taking the time to share the experience. Of course those that are NOT sharing, maybe don't have the time or desire to do that. I can say with certainty its not because they are not having issues. If you think that the vast majority of the issues are not affecting every single Gravity made, I have some land to sell you at a really good price in the swamp. C'mon That is what Lucid employees on this forum want you to think. The vast majority of issues are across the line up, this is confirmed each time I call customer service.

Regarding this auto fan thing: I for one, think the auto fan feature layout is poorly done. That said I did know how to use it without reading the manual. I think the UI overall is easier than most to navigate, but it doesn't mean I don't think it could be better laid out. Some don't think so (especially Lucid employees on this forum).
I am not sure who you are referring to as Lucid employees on the forum. There are a couple and they have a clear title showing them as employees. The rest of us are volunteers (forum moderators) or owners or people interested in Lucid. Lucid employees are definitely not steering the conversation here.
 
I have to say this: Why do some on this forum insist on pealing back everyone's view because they don't agree with it. He was not making a big deal about it, you and your other Lucid co-worker did. Time and again I see that Lucid employees are on this forum to control any narrative they don't like.

The forum affords Lucid owners a place to vent.... perhaps to say anything they want about there experience with the vehicle, some will be great some really bad. Right wrong or indifferent, they are taking the time to share the experience. Of course those that are NOT sharing, maybe don't have the time or desire to do that. I can say with certainty its not because they are not having issues. If you think that the vast majority of the issues are not affecting every single Gravity made, I have some land to sell you at a really good price in the swamp. C'mon That is what Lucid employees on this forum want you to think. The vast majority of issues are across the line up, this is confirmed each time I call customer service.

Regarding this auto fan thing: I for one, think the auto fan feature layout is poorly done. That said I did know how to use it without reading the manual. I think the UI overall is easier than most to navigate, but it doesn't mean I don't think it could be better laid out. Some don't think so (especially Lucid employees on this forum).

It’s perfectly fine for someone to vent or share frustrations, that’s what these forums are for. But it’s a bit ironic to say it’s okay to express one viewpoint while attacking anyone who sees things differently.
 
It’s perfectly fine for someone to vent or share frustrations, that’s what these forums are for. But it’s a bit ironic to say it’s okay to express one viewpoint while attacking anyone who sees things differently.
I am calling out those who are actually attacking others comments, "you’re the first person I’ve seen that’s making a big deal about it. Clearly it’s not that big of a deal to everyone else." that's attacking. He wrote his list of items he would like to see updated and then got attacked for it, lets call a spade a spade.

I see it all over this forum and had to say something about it. It is one of the reason I stopped posting since I first posted some experiences I was having. More often than not, the poster immediately gets attacked by sharing the issues or concerns.
 
Adding to the usability issues - One thing a lot of folks don’t realize is that complex UIs become harder and harder to maintain and harder to train the users on.

Just yesterday my wife was trying to open the glove box and the setting was nowhere to be found. It is not clear that a user has to swipe down on the screen to reveal additional things that for some reason are not on the multitude of areas at the bottom.

One of the reasons people swear by the Tesla UI is that they don’t make a user “guess” an interaction.
On Tesla,
glove box is settings -> first screen that pops up-> glove box.

On the lucid gravity,
glove box is not on the home page
Glove box is not on the settings
It’s not on the upper left or right screen. There’s plenty real estate there.
It’s not on the settings screen of the center console. Or any of the center screen menus.
user has to know to swipe down on the center screen to reveal additional information!


Why??

There’s also a lack of search- with so many options, just implement a settings search like users have on their phones.

I’m not saying user cannot learn, but why go out of your way to design something like this? Glove box should not need 3 clicks / swipes.

Lucid really needs to overhaul the UI. Design language is not ideal. Colors are not ideal, and in come cases, it’s actually confusing.
 
Adding to the usability issues - One thing a lot of folks don’t realize is that complex UIs become harder and harder to maintain and harder to train the users on.

Just yesterday my wife was trying to open the glove box and the setting was nowhere to be found. It is not clear that a user has to swipe down on the screen to reveal additional things that for some reason are not on the multitude of areas at the bottom.

One of the reasons people swear by the Tesla UI is that they don’t make a user “guess” an interaction.
On Tesla,
glove box is settings -> first screen that pops up-> glove box.

On the lucid gravity,
glove box is not on the home page
Glove box is not on the settings
It’s not on the upper left or right screen. There’s plenty real estate there.
It’s not on the settings screen of the center console. Or any of the center screen menus.
user has to know to swipe down on the center screen to reveal additional information!


Why??

There’s also a lack of search- with so many options, just implement a settings search like users have on their phones.

I’m not saying user cannot learn, but why go out of your way to design something like this? Glove box should not need 3 clicks / swipes.

Lucid really needs to overhaul the UI. Design language is not ideal. Colors are not ideal, and in come cases, it’s actually confusing.
On Tesla, I don’t find it intuitive. I think many folks feel that way because they’ve been using it for a long time. And it is more mature, to be honest.

I personally find the Gravity UI to be generally fine. Some parts don’t make sense, but I think that’s true for Tesla, my iPhone, etc.
 
Completely understand your point. Lucid has more real estate than the Tesla and I feel there is an opportunity to use it without a lot of clicks and swipes

Perhaps if all the settings could also be moved and be easily accessible under the settings menu, that would help to alleviate *some* usability issues.
 
Why do some on this forum insist on pealing back everyone's view because they don't agree with it.
It's the internet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(It's also the algos that wind everyone up)

I find (not here but elsewhere) I need to be intentional at times to be polite, and also just call it not that big of a deal and let shit go. ;)
 
Push and hold both touchpads for 3 seconds to disable the touch function. I find myself accidentally swiping around the touch and changing screens too much. More often than not, I'm not on the screen I want. I would be nice to be able to toggle the touch on and off somehow.
 
I would love a setting for folding mirrors in the "Parking" screen.

I park in a garage with fairly tight entrance so to make entry and exit easier I do that with mirrors folded. I put the car in reverse: mirrors unfold and Parking screen pops up. I need to close the screen and swipe to Pilot Panel to fold the mirrors again (you can't access Pilot Panel when in Parking screen), (optionally) reopen the Parking screen. I drive out of the garage, (optionally) close the Parking screen, swipe to Pilot Panel and unfold the mirrors. It would be nice to have a fold mirrors button in Parking screen too or some settings to make this process less cumbersome.
 
"One of the reasons people swear by the Tesla UI..."

I find myself swearing at it more often than by it. Well, not as much 7 yrs in, but the first couple years quite a bit. And nothing like the M3's TACC slamming on the breaks when going down the interstate at 80, for no discernible reason.
 
Back
Top