Gravity - May 30 - June 16 - Pasadena, CA

To be honest (as an asian as well), I definitely wouldnt expect the staff to speak any language other than English. However, families not being approached sounds unacceptable to me (unless the staff were overwhelmed). Was the store crowded?

Also, personal request, what did you mean by you were skeptical about the rear legroom (2nd or 3rd row?). Thanks!
3rd row. The rear hatch was open so I was able see the space between the 2nd and 3rd rows. Being 6 foot, I think it would be a close fit. It definitely seemed bigger than most though.

The staff also didn't have the front bench open when I entered and only when someone asked did they reveal it. Given the Gravity is only there for three weeks and is prominently displayed in the front, I would expect that you leave it open so passer bys are drawn in.

The store had many people coming and going, moments of no one then sudden rushes of 10-15 people. The SGV community is very tight, everyone knows everyone. So many high end dealerships have staff specifically on hand to work with them. But of course I was only there for 30 mins, so perhaps there is a strategy or awareness from the staff that I just didn't witness.

Hydbob might be able to echo my sediment. He knows Ash and Ash can absolutely attest to the money that flows through this area. Ash is a local realtor that has semi cornered the market on high end homes in Acadia. 5-10M+, and they are almost all bought and sold by Asian clientele.

I've been thinking about my visit all day, and realized that the staff may be missing an opportunity with the Asian community in the area.

Flat out, there is some extreme wealth in the surround Pasadena area, specifically in the Asian community. I didn't see any Mandarin speaking staff on hand, and saw several Asian families enter and exit without being approached.

I can't tell you how many Asian people I see driving the EQE and EQS around. Perhaps a missed opportunity for a location within a stones throw of the SGV.
maybe give it more time for them to staff the people's shifts accordingly. reason why i say this is because when i've visited the santa clara valley fair studio, there were a few mandarin speaking staff who conversed with my parents. with that said, it must have been an easier decision to staff mandarain speakers at valley fair, considering the asian community's proximity and the mall's attraction.

from the perspective of targeting asian commnities, pasadena and fasion island's locations are a bit awkward. yes, you are a stone's throw away, but youre not quite at the heart of the money and community, arcadia and irvine respectively. and given the asian commnity's stronger desire for known established brands as status symbols, i feel like there are more urgent and low hanging fruits for lucid to tackle with their limited resources.

3rd row. The rear hatch was open so I was able see the space between the 2nd and 3rd rows. Being 6 foot, I think it would be a close fit. It definitely seemed bigger than most though.

The staff also didn't have the front bench open when I entered and only when someone asked did they reveal it. Given the Gravity is only there for three weeks and is prominently displayed in the front, I would expect that you leave it open so passer bys are drawn in.

The store had many people coming and going, moments of no one then sudden rushes of 10-15 people. The SGV community is very tight, everyone knows everyone. So many high end dealerships have staff specifically on hand to work with them. But of course I was only there for 30 mins, so perhaps there is a strategy or awareness from the staff that I just didn't witness.

Hydbob might be able to echo my sediment. He knows Ash and Ash can absolutely attest to the money that flows through this area. Ash is a local realtor that has semi cornered the market on high end homes in Acadia. 5-10M+, and they are almost all bought and sold by Asian clientele.
There is a sales associate who speaks Chinese there, Heather. She may have not been working though.

maybe give it more time for them to staff the people's shifts accordingly. reason why i say this is because when i've visited the santa clara valley fair studio, there were a few mandarin speaking staff who conversed with my parents. with that said, it must have been an easier decision to staff mandarain speakers at valley fair, considering the asian community's proximity and the mall's attraction.

from the perspective of targeting asian commnities, pasadena and fasion island's locations are a bit awkward. yes, you are a stone's throw away, but youre not quite at the heart of the money and community, arcadia and irvine respectively. and given the asian commnity's stronger desire for known established brands as status symbols, i feel like there are more urgent and low hanging fruits for lucid to tackle with their limited resources.
There's definitely a ton of Asian people walking up and down Colorado. Some of the wealthiest parts of San Marino are just 5 mins away from this studio, just south on the other side of cal tech.

But I know I'm being critical. I just want to see them break into that untapped market. There's a lot there for them to tap.

There's definitely a ton of Asian people walking up and down Colorado. Some of the wealthiest parts of San Marino are just 5 mins away from this studio, just south on the other side of cal tech.

But I know I'm being critical. I just want to see them break into that untapped market. There's a lot there for them to tap.
Oh also Matthew speaks Cantonese...so there are 2 actually

Back