Lucid announced today that the Gravity will be revealed in November with production to start in "late" 2024. My guess is that it will be 2025 before any significant number of buyers get their hands on the Gravity.
Hasn't late 2024 been the party line for a while now? I assume that means, like the Dreams, they'll deliver a few before the end of 24 to say they met their goals before ramping production in 25.
Hasn't late 2024 been the party line for a while now? I assume that means, like the Dreams, they'll deliver a few before the end of 24 to say they met their goals before ramping production in 25.
Make sense. When I bought R1S from one of earliest delivery owner. He told me he saw Rivian R1S at LA auto show in 2018 Nov and he order right away on spot. Then he got delivery at 2022 Dec. I was like no way I was going to wait that long. At that time I was 5 months wait into queue.
Make sense. When I bought R1S from one of earliest delivery owner. He told me he saw Rivian R1S at LA auto show in 2018 Nov and he order right away on spot. Then he got delivery at 2022 Dec. I was like no way I was going to wait that long. At that time I was 5 months wait into queue.
Yeah I’m def gonna go to the auto show to check it out in person. I’d like to put a res down, I’m guessing from all the rumors we’ve seen they’re going to give some priority to Air owners first though.
I'd be willing to bet that Lucid will have a launch party at the Beverly Hills studio like they did before premiering Pure at the LA Auto Show last year. And I bet dollars to donuts that @hydbob will be there and drooling
I have found that people on this forum often have more knowledge of what is going on at Lucid, than many Lucid employees. 9 out if 10 of these rumors usually turn out to be bogus and I think this is another. They would be lucky to sell 500 at that price point and I think they would abandon the project before adopting g a price point that would all but ensure their demise.
Gravity will very likely be offered in a range of trims. It would not surprise me if the "top" trim ended up being that pricey. But my guess for an entry-level Gravity would be closer to the Touring's price. If they can get it anywhere near as low as Pure, that would be a bonus. But I'm not confident they will.
Gravity will very likely be offered in a range of trims. It would not surprise me if the "top" trim ended up being that pricey. But my guess for an entry-level Gravity would be closer to the Touring's price. If they can get it anywhere near as low as Pure, that would be a bonus. But I'm not confident they will.
I have found that people on this forum often have more knowledge of what is going on at Lucid, than many Lucid employees. 9 out if 10 of these rumors usually turn out to be bogus and I think this is another. They would be lucky to sell 500 at that price point and I think they would abandon the project before adopting g a price point that would all but ensure their demise.
Lucid may not like it, but their competition really is the R1S, which absolutely owns the 7 seater electric SUV market. I believe they start at around $80k and go up to around $95k. So, the 20k premium would put them around 100-120k. Lucid loses on tech and utility, but will likely win on being a bit more premium and drive more like a luxury crossover (I think). The market is not going to accept a $100-120k premium over the R1S. There is no possible way. They are also not going to sell a whole lot of Gravitys.
I wish Lucid would communicate with their customers better to keep rumors like this out of the equation.
Gravity will very likely be offered in a range of trims. It would not surprise me if the "top" trim ended up being that pricey. But my guess for an entry-level Gravity would be closer to the Touring's price. If they can get it anywhere near as low as Pure, that would be a bonus. But I'm not confident they will.