Gravity Launch

Lucid announced today that the Gravity will be revealed in November with production to start in "late" 2024. My guess is that it will be 2025 before any significant number of buyers get their hands on the Gravity.

:(

If the Gravity timetable slips further, this means that Sapphire could be the "last roll of the dice" for Lucid.

:(

If the Gravity timetable slips further, this means that Sapphire could be the "last roll of the dice" for Lucid.
Doubt it, Gravity will definitely be brought to market

Hasn't late 2024 been the party line for a while now? I assume that means, like the Dreams, they'll deliver a few before the end of 24 to say they met their goals before ramping production in 25.

Hasn't late 2024 been the party line for a while now? I assume that means, like the Dreams, they'll deliver a few before the end of 24 to say they met their goals before ramping production in 25.
No, it was supposed to be that reservations open in early 2023, with production in early 2024(?)

Heard from a Lucid Eng that I met at an EA charger yesterday that the Gravity’s big reveal is at the LA Auto Show in Nov.

Make sense. When I bought R1S from one of earliest delivery owner. He told me he saw Rivian R1S at LA auto show in 2018 Nov and he order right away on spot. Then he got delivery at 2022 Dec. I was like no way I was going to wait that long. At that time I was 5 months wait into queue.

Make sense. When I bought R1S from one of earliest delivery owner. He told me he saw Rivian R1S at LA auto show in 2018 Nov and he order right away on spot. Then he got delivery at 2022 Dec. I was like no way I was going to wait that long. At that time I was 5 months wait into queue.
Yeah I’m def gonna go to the auto show to check it out in person. I’d like to put a res down, I’m guessing from all the rumors we’ve seen they’re going to give some priority to Air owners first though.

I'd be willing to bet that Lucid will have a launch party at the Beverly Hills studio like they did before premiering Pure at the LA Auto Show last year. And I bet dollars to donuts that @hydbob will be there and drooling 🤤

Service tech gave me some info saying they the Gravity is starting at around 200k..

But there's a good chance it may not be the official price, or it may be a pre-production estimate, so fingers crossed

Service tech gave me some info saying they the Gravity is starting at around 200k..

But there's a good chance it may not be the official price, or it may be a pre-production estimate, so fingers crossed
200k makes the most sense for a guess. Usually premium SUVs are about 20k more than their counterpart sedans so that seems about right.

What? Is that a joke, or maybe for a gt-p?
If it actually starts at 200k, I hate to say it but that will be the start of the death of lucid.

What? Is that a joke, or maybe for a gt-p?
If it actually starts at 200k, I hate to say it but that will be the start of the death of lucid.
I have found that people on this forum often have more knowledge of what is going on at Lucid, than many Lucid employees. 9 out if 10 of these rumors usually turn out to be bogus and I think this is another. They would be lucky to sell 500 at that price point and I think they would abandon the project before adopting g a price point that would all but ensure their demise.

Gravity will very likely be offered in a range of trims. It would not surprise me if the "top" trim ended up being that pricey. But my guess for an entry-level Gravity would be closer to the Touring's price. If they can get it anywhere near as low as Pure, that would be a bonus. But I'm not confident they will.

Gravity will very likely be offered in a range of trims. It would not surprise me if the "top" trim ended up being that pricey. But my guess for an entry-level Gravity would be closer to the Touring's price. If they can get it anywhere near as low as Pure, that would be a bonus. But I'm not confident they will.
Maybe they will try to compete with model x?(now that the s is the same price as the pure, maybe they want gravity as well to be same price)

I have found that people on this forum often have more knowledge of what is going on at Lucid, than many Lucid employees. 9 out if 10 of these rumors usually turn out to be bogus and I think this is another. They would be lucky to sell 500 at that price point and I think they would abandon the project before adopting g a price point that would all but ensure their demise.
I did think about it, and it would align nicely with a "gravity dream edition," if that is what they mean by "starting price."

200k makes the most sense for a guess. Usually premium SUVs are about 20k more than their counterpart sedans so that seems about right.
Lucid may not like it, but their competition really is the R1S, which absolutely owns the 7 seater electric SUV market. I believe they start at around $80k and go up to around $95k. So, the 20k premium would put them around 100-120k. Lucid loses on tech and utility, but will likely win on being a bit more premium and drive more like a luxury crossover (I think). The market is not going to accept a $100-120k premium over the R1S. There is no possible way. They are also not going to sell a whole lot of Gravitys.

I wish Lucid would communicate with their customers better to keep rumors like this out of the equation.

I agree.

It is literally imp
Logically wouldn’t the pricing of Gravity be only slightly more than the current pricing?
It is literally impossible to apply logic to any situation about which we have no facts.

Back