• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Gravity Launch

Sounds like a great idea, but in practice I doubt they will be able to do much since they would need to resell at a profit to make it viable. Hopefully they will extend current owners some type of incentive.
Congratulations! You suckers decided to sign up for beta testing again! You get months of headaches! J/k of course, I love my car.

oh wow, it's bigger than I thought it would be based on other angles. Also, do the wheels look a bit small for the size of the vehicle?

oh wow, it's bigger than I thought it would be based on other angles. Also, do the wheels look a bit small for the size of the vehicle?
I think the wheels may just be development specials, but with Lucid's focus in efficiency I wouldnt be shocked if they were still 19s-21s.

Congratulations! You suckers decided to sign up for beta testing again! You get months of headaches! J/k of course, I love my car.
I have to admit, I hadn’t even considered that as a possibility. I’m definitely the target buyer.

Oh no; those are definitely testing wheels. From available press images, it looks to me like the Gravity will come standard with 21" Aero Sport wheels, or similar, with minor variations (IMO, these are the best looking Lucid wheels). I am willing to bet that there will also be 22" and 23" options, with 23" wheels reserved for the Performance trims.

After the recent photo of the Gravity on road testing, a lot of Lucid folks are very divided on the shape/design. Personally I am not. It's very hard to see and appreciate the full potential of a camouflaged test vehicle. Many of its lines and angles are purposely obscured by wrapping and extra body panels. Checkout this attached image for some inspiration.

Attachments

• Gravity_Wheels.png
    Gravity_Wheels.png
    402.1 KB · Views: 132
Oh no; those are definitely testing wheels. From available press images, it looks to me like the Gravity will come standard with 21" Aero Sport wheels, or similar, with minor variations (IMO, these are the best looking Lucid wheels). I am willing to bet that there will also be 22" and 23" options, with 23" wheels reserved for the Performance trims.

After the recent photo of the Gravity on road testing, a lot of Lucid folks are very divided on the shape/design. Personally I am not. It's very hard to see and appreciate the full potential of a camouflaged test vehicle. Many of its lines and angles are purposely obscured by wrapping and extra body panels. Checkout this attached image for some inspiration.
I can't tell too much at all from that picture, but it's too early anyway. That said nothing that's available this far has inspired any passion or feelings of excitement from this loyal customer.

I received an invite to the Rivian R1 store today. @Tesla2.0 and @hydbob any final thoughts of why I should or shouldn’t pull the trigger on an R1S and wait for the Gravity instead. I told myself that if by the time I get access to make a purchase, I would pull the trigger if I still didn’t know how much the Gravity would cost and when would get it

I received an invite to the Rivian R1 store today. @Tesla2.0 and @hydbob any final thoughts of why I should or shouldn’t pull the trigger on an R1S and wait for the Gravity instead. I told myself that if by the time I get access to make a purchase, I would pull the trigger if I still didn’t know how much the Gravity would cost and when would get it
The R1s will have MUCH less space in every row and cargo area. 2nd row legroom in particular is worrying at 36.(A kia telluride has 41 and when I get into my sorento with 36 inches, my knees hit the seatback and it is painful when I get out of the car, despite me being 5 10)
The gravity will have better handling
Not sure about this one, but easier entering and exiting is more likely given the low profile.

I’ve had my R1S for over 2 mo. and I’m pretty tickled with it. Nice fit and finish, software perhaps even more sorted out than Lucid presently (car wash mode, gear guard and trip cameras…just no CarPlay) and plenty of straight line speed. The ride is a bit “trucky” and you obviously can’t throw it throw the turns like an Air.

I don’t off-road, but I do occasionally drive on dirt roads and across open fields to access biking and hiking spots and it’s perfect for that. I imagine the Gravity might be less adept at that sort of use.

just my 2 cents…

Yea, I got nothing. So little info about Gravity but the R1S just didn't fit for what we wanted. Gravity might not either, but I still have my trusty Odyssey until someone can make a viable replacement.

I don’t off-road, but I do occasionally drive on dirt roads and across open fields to access biking and hiking spots and it’s perfect for that. I imagine the Gravity might be less adept at that sort of use.
I think that this is a key difference. I am fairly sure that Gravity will have better range, faster charging and better handling than Rivian. I am also thinking that the Gravity will cost more than the R1S. I do want to take an SUV on Forest Service roads to trailheads and other places. I wish I knew enough about Gravity to know if I would feel comfortable taking it to places that I want to go. If Rivian ever makes the max-pack for the R1S that may just tip the scale to Rivian for me.

I do miss the fast charging ability of the Air in my R1S. My AGT basically charges at twice the rate. As to interior room, we did a golf trip recently carrying 4 guys (2 of them…shall we say “big boned”), 5 bags of clubs and associated luggage for a 3 day stay without problems.

Since I own both, I can speak from our family’s perspective. For my own use case, Rivian really makes a damn good compelling product with tons of practicality. For our road tripping, my family prefers R1S over Air. I think R1S drives fine if you are just doing highway, but for inner city, Air is more ride comfortable of course. Both have luxury interior, but R1S excels at many software intuitiveness, built-in motion trigger surveillance, driver-cams in 4 directions, camping mode, snow mode, tons of cool off-road modes, map and CGI traffic view on dashboard, strong sound system, towing, enormous storage with frunk and spare tire compartment.

Its weakness is no soft door close, high vampire drain, to me it’s acceptable if you have level-2 charger in your garage. Also when switching to 2 motors from quad motors drive mode for energy conservation, I find I can get closer to EPA than I ever can with Air. Air I have to do hard hypermill to get to 85-90% EPA, but R1S, I can probably do 115% of EPA without putting excessive effort. But at EPA 2.2mi/kWh, that’s not too hard to beat. And its navigation range estimate is usually on dot which I hope Air will have OTA to improve that eventually.

Style-wise, I like both R1S and Air. Gravity does not speak to me, at least not yet until I see the full reveal.

Last edited:
If value proposition is not in consideration, I would take R1S over EV9 and VF9.

Since I own both, I can speak from our family’s perspective. For my own use case, Rivian really makes a damn good compelling product with tons of practicality. For our road tripping, my family prefers R1S over Air. I think R1S drives fine if you are just doing highway, but for inner city, Air is more ride comfortable of course. Both have luxury interior, but R1S excels at many software intuitiveness, built-in motion trigger surveillance, driver-cams in 4 directions, camping mode, snow mode, tons of cool off-road modes, map and CGI traffic view on dashboard, strong sound system, towing, enormous storage with frunk and spare tire compartment.

Its weakness is no soft door close, high vampire drain, to me it’s acceptable if you have level-2 charger in your garage. Also when switching to 2 motors from quad motors drive mode for energy conservation, I find I can get closer to EPA than I ever can with Air. Air I have to do hard hypermill to get to 85-90% EPA, but R1S, I can probably do 115% of EPA without putting excessive effort. But at EPA 2.2mi/kWh, that’s not too hard to beat. And its navigation range estimate is usually on dot which I hope Air will have OTA to improve that eventually.

Style-wise, I like both R1S and Air. Gravity does not speak to me, at least not yet until I see the full reveal.
After spending 4 1/2 hours waiting for a tow truck to haul my GT away yesterday, I pulled the trigger on this. I love my GT, but I’m not going to roll the dice on a Gravity until I know where the skeletons are buried and I feel confident that Lucid’s service is reliable. I know we are close to Gravity launch, but I just can’t be a beta tester again, even though I think it will likely be a better vehicle.

I feel comfortable with Rivian’s shortcomings and at this point I’ll just be happy driving a car that has tires that are road worthy.

1689199967653.jpg

How the heck is this image attractive?

Attachments

• 1689199967653.jpg
    1689199967653.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 59
After spending 4 1/2 hours waiting for a tow truck to haul my GT away yesterday, I pulled the trigger on this. I love my GT, but I’m not going to roll the dice on a Gravity until I know where the skeletons are buried and I feel confident that Lucid’s service is reliable. I know we are close to Gravity launch, but I just can’t be a beta tester again, even though I think it will likely be a better vehicle.

I feel comfortable with Rivian’s shortcomings and at this point I’ll just be happy driving a car that has tires that are road worthy.

View attachment 13518

Congrats on finally able to configure. It’s been too long for you…

Back