• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Gravity Launch

After spending 4 1/2 hours waiting for a tow truck to haul my GT away yesterday, I pulled the trigger on this. I love my GT, but I’m not going to roll the dice on a Gravity until I know where the skeletons are buried and I feel confident that Lucid’s service is reliable. I know we are close to Gravity launch, but I just can’t be a beta tester again, even though I think it will likely be a better vehicle.

I feel comfortable with Rivian’s shortcomings and at this point I’ll just be happy driving a car that has tires that are road worthy.

View attachment 13518
Swap to 19s and don't worry about it again.

Swap to 19s and don't worry about it again.
I struggle with it, because I’m not a fan of how they look. I’m sure I’ll end up there eventually though.

Congrats on finally able to configure. It’s been too long for you…
It really has been a long time. I received access to the r1 shop and then just decided to click buttons.

I struggle with it, because I’m not a fan of how they look. I’m sure I’ll end up there eventually though.
They don't look good, but the ride is much better and I don't worry about bubbles. Nice advantage on road trips.

They don't look good, but the ride is much better and I don't worry about bubbles. Nice advantage on road trips.
At the end of the day, getting from point a to point b without drama is more than with the trade off.

Even though my other 3 tires don’t need replacement, I’m having Millbrae do it so that I can get the warranty from Discount Tire on all 4 tires. I learned on this forum that you don’t have to purchase from Discount Tire to be able to get the warranty. I wish the guys in Millbrae knew that because I was told on the last two tire changes that there is not a warranty available unless you buy from Discount Tire. Now that I informed them, I hope that they start educating owners to get the warranty each time a new tire gets replaced. Well worth the $75 per tire and it would cut down on the anxst from those of us who keep getting welts and blow outs. Still an inconvenience when they blow, but atleast the financial side is covered.

At the end of the day, getting from point a to point b without drama is more than with the trade off.

Even though my other 3 tires don’t need replacement, I’m having Millbrae do it so that I can get the warranty from Discount Tire on all 4 tires. I learned on this forum that you don’t have to purchase from Discount Tire to be able to get the warranty. I wish the guys in Millbrae knew that because I was told on the last two tire changes that there is not a warranty available unless you buy from Discount Tire. Now that I informed them, I hope that they start educating owners to get the warranty each time a new tire gets replaced. Well worth the $75 per tire and it would cut down on the anxst from those of us who keep getting welts and blow outs. Still an inconvenience when they blow, but atleast the financial side is covered.
The tires don’t need to be new to get said warranty. I got it with 8000 miles on them.

The tires don’t need to be new to get said warranty. I got it with 8000 miles on them.
That’s good info. I’ve got 14k miles on my car, so I was thinking they may be due soon. How many miles do you think these tires can get before it’s time to think about replacing them?

That’s good info. I’ve got 14k miles on my car, so I was thinking they may be due soon. How many miles do you think these tires can get before it’s time to think about replacing them?
At least 22k

Probably 30k or so, +/- 5? But that’s just a guess

It really has been a long time. I received access to the r1 shop and then just decided to click buttons.
Rivian isn't perfect either. We took delivery of our R1S on Monday, today it's leaking what appears to be hydraulic fluid on the garage floor from the rear. And I'm supposed to go on a 700 mile trip tomorrow.

Different problems, either way they're taken care of.

Yea, I got nothing. So little info about Gravity but the R1S just didn't fit for what we wanted. Gravity might not either, but I still have my trusty Odyssey until someone can make a viable replacement.

This is exactly where we are about replacing our Odyssey. I canceled our Rivian R1S reservation after a 4-year wait once the cramped third row emerged, and this will be the litmus test for whether the Gravity can replace our Odyssey.

I can't tell too much at all from that picture, but it's too early anyway. That said nothing that's available this far has inspired any passion or feelings of excitement from this loyal customer.

While styling is a big element when I buy most cars, my criteria for roomy people/cargo haulers are somewhat different, and excitement is pretty far down the list. Room, handling, convenience features, and reasonable pep top the list, and I have high hopes for the Gravity on these scores.

This is exactly where we are about replacing our Odyssey. I canceled our Rivian R1S reservation after a 4-year wait once the cramped third row emerged, and this will be the litmus test for whether the Gravity can replace our Odyssey.

While styling is a big element when I buy most cars, my criteria for roomy people/cargo haulers are somewhat different, and excitement is pretty far down the list. Room, handling, convenience features, and reasonable pep top the list, and I have high hopes for the Gravity on these scores.
I don’t think there is anything better than a Honda Odyssey for your purposes. I’m sure the Gravity will be more spacious than the R1S in the 3rd row, but nothing will be as good. Our R1S will be a soccer mom carpool machine. The max age of anyone in our 3rd row will be 17, so it works for us. We are coming from a Q7 and that 3rd row is tight!

Or can wait 3 more years…

But at EPA 2.2mi/kWh, that’s not too hard to beat.

Tire Rack, owned by Discount Tires, offers a two year road hazard warranty as part of its tire sales. That will get you most of the way there and save quite a few bucks for other toys. Assuming you can buy your tires at Tire Rack.

Tire Rack, owned by Discount Tires, offers a two year road hazard warranty as part of its tire sales. That will get you most of the way there and save quite a few bucks for other toys. Assuming you can buy your tires at Tire Rack.
I decided to have Lucid put in 4 new tires, so I can get a warranty through Discount Tire. I just wanted it done and behind me.

I have the 19's and while they're not beautiful looking, peace of mind offers its own kind of beauty. Our road trips tend toward places far from help.

Attachments

• Lucid near Joshua Tree.jpg
    Lucid near Joshua Tree.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 75
I don’t think there is anything better than a Honda Odyssey for your purposes. I’m sure the Gravity will be more spacious than the R1S in the 3rd row, but nothing will be as good. Our R1S will be a soccer mom carpool machine. The max age of anyone in our 3rd row will be 17, so it works for us. We are coming from a Q7 and that 3rd row is tight!
My son totally loves Pacifica plugin hybrid.

Back