Gravity GT Supernova Bronze deliveries

This may be slightly off topic, but to what dates are you referring?

I placed an order last December; the production date was a mystery to me until the SA told me in September that "[a]n asset has been assigned to your account, which means your vehicle is officially in production." But my dashboard still just showed "Order Confirmed," not "In Production."

Is asset assignment one of the dates that is on the backend that is visible to SAs, but not necessarily something the SA communicates to the customer? (I have always wondered how some on this forum seem to have more insight into the production schedule for their vehicle, whereas for others of us it is a black box---for myself, I have always chalked it up to the fact that I am on my fourth SA assigned to my Gravity order, and that none of them has been very responsive.)
I placed an order in March. I think we both had “assets assigned” updates in September, which just means they’re getting ready to put our order into production. I even had a “highly confident” statement that it would enter production before October. The last notice was to say by end of the year.

Tuesday, we were updated that it was in production, and the dashboard shows it as well. Considering I’ve waited two years for a book preorder, getting a highly in demand car within a year of it existing seems pretty good.
 
I placed an order in March. I think we both had “assets assigned” updates in September, which just means they’re getting ready to put our order into production. I even had a “highly confident” statement that it would enter production before October. The last notice was to say by end of the year.

Tuesday, we were updated that it was in production, and the dashboard shows it as well. Considering I’ve waited two years for a book preorder, getting a highly in demand car within a year of it existing seems pretty good.
I am very happy that both @rodagoca and @AZAirGT have cars in production. I also hope that their deliveries are not delayed. However, this shows my point about the mess that Lucid order fulfillment is. These orders are four months and five months after my order which is still not in production.
 
I am very happy that both @rodagoca and @AZAirGT have cars in production. I also hope that their deliveries are not delayed. However, this shows my point about the mess that Lucid order fulfillment is. These orders are four months and five months after my order which is still not in production.
Did you change your order?
 
Parts constraints is not an issue.
Your entire argument hinges on this, and I’m not convinced. Do you have any evidence that parts constraints aren’t an issue?

I don’t disagree that their prioritization is bad. I agree with @Adnillien there. I also don’t disagree that I wish they’d delivered to Air owners first. In a perfect world, I wish they’d delivered them in some kind of reasonable order.

But I still don’t know there aren’t parts constraints, either. On the last earnings call, they were talking about how hard magnets were to get. Not a supply constraint we normally think about, but I’m sure there are plenty of others. The political climate has not been kind to global trade, and Lucid is not immune. 🤷‍♂️
 
This may be slightly off topic, but to what dates are you referring?
It's not off topic - your question is on point, and I'm happy to explain. The date I was referring to, and which @Adnillien said is not being disclosed to him by his SA is called "broadcast date". It's auto manufacturing internal term. The broadcast date is the day your specific vehicle order is “broadcast” (sent) from the order management system to the factory floor. It’s essentially the start of production scheduling: the point when the plant locks in your configuration and begins allocating parts, labor, and line time. From that date forward, your car is in the build queue and will move through body, paint, assembly, and quality control.

Separate from that, before you get your vehicle, your vehicle also has to go through Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (MCO). Around the same time your vehicle enters production, the auto manufacturer allocates to it a VIN number, from pre-registered block of VINs they order from DMV in advance. That VIN is then used on the MCO, which is the legal document DMV needs to register the car. DMV gets involved when Lucid (or the dealer handling delivery, in case of other manufacturers who don't sell directly to consumers) submits the MCO and registration paperwork at the time of sale/delivery.
 
Your entire argument hinges on this, and I’m not convinced. Do you have any evidence that parts constraints aren’t an issue?

I don’t disagree that their prioritization is bad. I agree with @Adnillien there. I also don’t disagree that I wish they’d delivered to Air owners first. In a perfect world, I wish they’d delivered them in some kind of reasonable order.

But I still don’t know there aren’t parts constraints, either. On the last earnings call, they were talking about how hard magnets were to get. Not a supply constraint we normally think about, but I’m sure there are plenty of others. The political climate has not been kind to global trade, and Lucid is not immune. 🤷‍♂️
Looking at inventory cars, you can see that every color (except Titanium), wheel size, and option is available on numerous vehicles. However, a majority of early ordered vehicles are fully loaded. So if Lucid is somewhat constrained on certain options they can either build slightly fewer fully loaded cars (using up more of those option packages on fewer cars) or scatter these option packages around medium spec cars to be able to build more cars now. But then there are the cases like Adnillian’s above. Lucid definitely has the parts to build his car but he (and most other order holders) are not their priority. They appear to be building random builds and if your build happens to match an upcoming planned production vehicle, lucky you, you get a VIN.

The biggest issue driving this home is the HUD availability. We all know that the HUD was constrained. Many on here were not willing to wait for “Fall Availability”, so they either changed their order or took an inventory vehicle early without it. But many waited patiently for the exact build they wanted hoping that once the HUDs became more widely available, they would move back to the top of the build list. But then when I saw 20+ inventory vehicles on Lucid site with Tech Pkg, many in medium to lower spec, I realized that was not the case.

The main two reasons that people got on the order list were that 1.) They wanted to ensure they get the exact configuration they desired and 2.) They hoped to be given priority for early deliveries. It appears that at least for Lucid, if you want 1. you are not going to get 2.
 
No more delays and changing broadcast dates for me - Lucid rep just confirmed my vehicle was broadcast today, and is in production queue. They said November 22 is completion date, including their quality control and DMV stuff, and then it'll take 4-5 days to transport it to SoCal from their AZ plan, and undergo local inspection, before it's ready for pickup. In about 2 weeks Lucid will assign VIN and be able to share it before delivery. My order was placed in February around this date, so 8 months until production start, and 9 months till delivery, for those who might want to know the entire timeline.
 
Looking at inventory cars, you can see that every color (except Titanium), wheel size, and option is available on numerous vehicles. However, a majority of early ordered vehicles are fully loaded. So if Lucid is somewhat constrained on certain options they can either build slightly fewer fully loaded cars (using up more of those option packages on fewer cars) or scatter these option packages around medium spec cars to be able to build more cars now. But then there are the cases like Adnillian’s above. Lucid definitely has the parts to build his car but he (and most other order holders) are not their priority. They appear to be building random builds and if your build happens to match an upcoming planned production vehicle, lucky you, you get a VIN.

The biggest issue driving this home is the HUD availability. We all know that the HUD was constrained. Many on here were not willing to wait for “Fall Availability”, so they either changed their order or took an inventory vehicle early without it. But many waited patiently for the exact build they wanted hoping that once the HUDs became more widely available, they would move back to the top of the build list. But then when I saw 20+ inventory vehicles on Lucid site with Tech Pkg, many in medium to lower spec, I realized that was not the case.

The main two reasons that people got on the order list were that 1.) They wanted to ensure they get the exact configuration they desired and 2.) They hoped to be given priority for early deliveries. It appears that at least for Lucid, if you want 1. you are not going to get 2.
I fear that Bdr100 is close to the truth here. I have seen inventory cars tantalizingly close to my build with the tech package but missing one thing I want or including one thing I don’t need ( or want to pay for) so I’m resigned waiting for the car I signed up for. My friends car comes in this Friday and she ordered nearly 5 months after I did. The SA told me Mine was set to go into production in about a month but I haven’t received a production date and it’s been 3 weeks. The silver lining is the film production company I know just used my car for several days of shooting the second season of the Netflix series The four seasons with a possible callback for more days. They also informed me this week of a possible Geico commercial in the next couple of weeks so my Air is slowly financing my Gravity. The other plus is the wait helps insure this Gravity doesn’t have a case of early productionitis with headaches I don’t need.
 
I was picking up my car from the service center and another customer came in just to see the Bronze in person so I tagged along. The Bronze was right next to an AG Gravity in the shade and you definitely cannot really see the difference in the shade lol. The Lucid advisor was kind enough to pull out the cars into the sunshine and then you can really see the difference and appreciate the Bronze. In any case the definitive conclusion is the Bronze color will look very different in different lighting and angles for sure. Try to ask your friendly Service Center if you can take a look in person when they have one in!
 
I was picking up my car from the service center and another customer came in just to see the Bronze in person so I tagged along. The Bronze was right next to an AG Gravity in the shade and you definitely cannot really see the difference in the shade lol. The Lucid advisor was kind enough to pull out the cars into the sunshine and then you can really see the difference and appreciate the Bronze. In any case the definitive conclusion is the Bronze color will look very different in different lighting and angles for sure. Try to ask your friendly Service Center if you can take a look in person when they have one in!
Yeah the bronze looks subtle and deep kinda I like it.
 
Yeah the bronze looks subtle and deep kinda I like it.
Me too, and I know my parents will too (which is who I'm getting the car for) 🍻
 
I was at the AMP-1 for AZ owners at Family Day. Got to see AG and SB side by side under factory lighting. Still very happy with my SB/Ojai decision. The SB is saw had the Ojai interior.
 
The main two reasons that people got on the order list were that 1.) They wanted to ensure they get the exact configuration they desired and 2.) They hoped to be given priority for early deliveries. It appears that at least for Lucid, if you want 1. you are not going to get 2.
This was part of why we leased an Air — and to experience the company and design.
 
20251012_165257.webp
 
Back
Top