Gravity GT Supernova Bronze deliveries

Doesn't really matter to me, since it's not the color I'm ordering, but I'm disappointed about how muted the supernova bronze is. From looking at Lucid's website, I thought the bronze was going to be more pronounced.
 
Thanks for the shots. You can really see the difference between the green and the bronze in the sun here whereas the little showroom models look pretty close under artificial light. Still happy with the bronze, just not happy with the wait
 
If they sell this one, and then you keep your order, they have two sales comparing to one by just assigning this to you.
I tend to agree. Lucid realizes that the vast majority of us long time order holders will continue to be patient. But by having a wide variety of vehicles available on the site can cater to the typical “I need a car now or soon” buyer. These type buyers who walk in to a SC, do test drive and say “Hey, I love this car, when can I get one?”, will walk to another manufacturer if they are told “3-4 month wait.” These type buyers are not as picky about getting a car EXACTLY like they want it but will accept one “close” to their preferred spec as long it is available soon.
 
You can barely tell the difference between bronze and green in those photos - both the ones on the car carrier and @Adnillien's flyover photos. I'm sure that in person the difference is easier to see, but in the photos, if you didn't tell me they were different, I wouldn't notice.
 
Remember mobile phone camera, lucidowner website, drone/youtube compression, and the device display you are viewing from will all have a factor in how it looks (as well as how old your eyes are :p).

Definitely interested to see how it looks in person and when someone receives theirs and can take some really detailed shots for us.
 
Doesn't really matter to me, since it's not the color I'm ordering, but I'm disappointed about how muted the supernova bronze is. From looking at Lucid's website, I thought the bronze was going to be more pronounced.
I always somewhat imagined it to be similarly muted as the AG just with brown/bronze base so it's somewhat close to my expectations. If you imagine how those AG look in the pictures and how it really looks in person, I think we should see similar trend with the bronze.
 
Lucid's bronze is one of those colors that can't be accurately reproduced by cameras and screens. It is outside their ability to capture and display.
There's nothing particularly unusual about this. It's why cameras, TVs and monitors specify their available color range (gamut).
 
Remember mobile phone camera, lucidowner website, drone/youtube compression, and the device display you are viewing from will all have a factor in how it looks (as well as how old your eyes are :p).

Definitely interested to see how it looks in person and when someone receives theirs and can take some really detailed shots for us.
Lucid's bronze is one of those colors that can't be accurately reproduced by cameras and screens. It is outside their ability to capture and display.
There's nothing particularly unusual about this. It's why cameras, TVs and monitors specify their available color range (gamut).

I saw a Supernova Bronze Gravity in person---outdoors, up close, on a sunny day---when I took the picture of it on the car carrier yesterday.

It is a nice color. But I can assure you iPhone-camera-skeptics that it was no more dazzling in person than it is on my computer screen.

As I said before, I had a hard time telling the difference between Supernova Bronze and Aurora Green until I saw the two colors close to one another. They are both nice colors, and not so dissimilar. (For the avoidance of doubt, I have never been diagnosed with color-blindness.)
 
Lucid's bronze is one of those colors that can't be accurately reproduced by cameras and screens. It is outside their ability to capture and display.
There's nothing particularly unusual about this. It's why cameras, TVs and monitors specify their available color range (gamut).
Very true. Although I have seen the green in person, and am also disappointed by how muted that color is. I like a lot about the Gravity, but am not a fan of the color options. My tastes run towards colors that are more vibrant. I recognize that I'm probably a bit of an outlier in that regard.
 
Very true. Although I have seen the green in person, and am also disappointed by how muted that color is. I like a lot about the Gravity, but am not a fan of the color options. My tastes run towards colors that are more vibrant. I recognize that I'm probably a bit of an outlier in that regard.
I was at first too, but maybe it just doesn't bother me that much I ended up thinking the muted AG kind of grew on me. I guess Lucid was going for the more high class sophisticated theme, similar to the iPhone Pro colors (minus this year's bright orange). It would be funny if the Touring ended up getting the brighter vibrant options (like the entry level iPhones)
 
I saw a Supernova Bronze Gravity in person---outdoors, up close, on a sunny day---when I took the picture of it on the car carrier yesterday.

It is a nice color. But I can assure you iPhone-camera-skeptics that it was no more dazzling in person than it is on my computer screen.

As I said before, I had a hard time telling the difference between Supernova Bronze and Aurora Green until I saw the two colors close to one another. They are both nice colors, and not so dissimilar. (For the avoidance of doubt, I have never been diagnosed with color-blindness.)
Hehe not a skeptic and not doubting your data point (appreciate it!). Just pointing out a lot of factors and lighting conditions will affect the visuals. Definitely not expecting to be more dazzling in person haha.
 
Here's a photo I took some months ago. In this artificial light, the colors were pretty distinct both by eye and phone. Aurora Green is slightly lighter and notably greener. Supernova Bronze is slightly darker and somewhat coppery.

Gravity colors.webp
 
Here's a photo I took some months ago. In this artificial light, the colors were pretty distinct both by eye and phone. Aurora Green is slightly lighter and notably greener. Supernova Bronze is slightly darker and somewhat coppery.

View attachment 33247
This the best picture I've seen comparing and contrasting green vs. bronze.
Too bad Lucid doesn't so zenith red, which is infinitely more vibrant than either of the above.
 
Here's a photo I took some months ago. In this artificial light, the colors were pretty distinct both by eye and phone. Aurora Green is slightly lighter and notably greener. Supernova Bronze is slightly darker and somewhat coppery.

View attachment 33247
I still do wish there were more exciting colors for the Gravity. They're all from a camel-toned fantasy land. And no tassels!
Only-Murders-in-the-Building-Season-5-Episode-7-Silver-Alert-2.webp
 
If they sell this one, and then you keep your order, they have two sales comparing to one by just assigning this to you.
“If they sell”
If they delivered a vehicle matching my “all of the options” order, then they would have another vehicle on the road, and more money on their pocket, and would still have the extras to fulfill the “if they sell” of people who don’t want to place a specific order.
They would also have another free marketing of a Gravity in parking lots of highly-paid, highly tech interested people who would happily stop seeing my Air and saying “if only it wasn’t a sedan, what happened to your Tesla?”
 
I happened to be at the Natick studio when a car carrier with a bronze gravity on it showed up. It's a nice color, and not that dissimilar from the green---though that could also have been due to dust from the road. (Two technicians came out of the service center to help the truck park, and they assured me that it was bronze.) Here are two not great pictures; note that the second one has a green Gravity in the background.

View attachment 33158View attachment 33159
Oooooh! I like it!
 
Back
Top