Gravity Delivery Discussion

Bugs are everywhere. She is used to updating her iPhone and Rivian frequently.
None of the bugs are terrible, just perplexing, like seat randomly lying down (happened to me once), climate blasting at cold hurricane speed on getting into the car (happens 50% of the time), black screens that last for 15 seconds (happens 25% of the time), and screens not having consistent buttons when you tap on them, like for example I clicked on seat controls but it still showed half of the main screen. Other than that though my car works great and is a pleasure to be in.
 
Probably the worst “bug” is that HERE Maps absolutely sucks balls still 3 years later at getting you to the final address. It will get you really close like within 2 buildings of where you want to go but then it fails. Like it might take you to the entrance of a large medical office complex but won’t find the correct building address. What’s really funny is one time I asked it to take me to the Prudential Center in Boston, so it navigated me to the interstate tunnel that runs underneath the building and said I was supposed to stop in the middle of the tunnel. I kept thinking as we were getting close “this can’t be right” but stupidly trusted it, and ended up missing the first two songs of the show I was going to see. It would be like if Google Maps couldn’t find Madison Square Garden. Once Gravity gets CarPlay then that will be a distant memory but it’s kind of amazing how wrong the navigation can be when it matters most. Like it will succeed 90% of the time but then when it’s time sensitive it will fail in the most epic way.
 
Probably the worst “bug” is that HERE Maps absolutely sucks balls still 3 years later at getting you to the final address. It will get you really close like within 2 buildings of where you want to go but then it fails. Like it might take you to the entrance of a large medical office complex but won’t find the correct building address. What’s really funny is one time I asked it to take me to the Prudential Center in Boston, so it navigated me to the interstate tunnel that runs underneath the building and said I was supposed to stop in the middle of the tunnel. I kept thinking as we were getting close “this can’t be right” but stupidly trusted it, and ended up missing the first two songs of the show I was going to see. It would be like if Google Maps couldn’t find Madison Square Garden. Once Gravity gets CarPlay then that will be a distant memory but it’s kind of amazing how wrong the navigation can be when it matters most. Like it will succeed 90% of the time but then when it’s time sensitive it will fail in the most epic way.
Agree. Driving my $100,000+ car with my phone using Waze on arm rest is…embarrassing. But I tried the car nav for two weeks and after circuitous routes and ending up close, but not actually AT my target address was too frustrating.

I know it’s great for others, but it’s horrendous in mid Atlantic. Like, laughably bad.
 
Probably the worst “bug” is that HERE Maps absolutely sucks balls still 3 years later at getting you to the final address. It will get you really close like within 2 buildings of where you want to go but then it fails. Like it might take you to the entrance of a large medical office complex but won’t find the correct building address. What’s really funny is one time I asked it to take me to the Prudential Center in Boston, so it navigated me to the interstate tunnel that runs underneath the building and said I was supposed to stop in the middle of the tunnel. I kept thinking as we were getting close “this can’t be right” but stupidly trusted it, and ended up missing the first two songs of the show I was going to see. It would be like if Google Maps couldn’t find Madison Square Garden. Once Gravity gets CarPlay then that will be a distant memory but it’s kind of amazing how wrong the navigation can be when it matters most. Like it will succeed 90% of the time but then when it’s time sensitive it will fail in the most epic way.
Actually, last weekend the family went to Meow Wolf here in Houston and took seperate cars. Wife and I used Google Maps which directed us to parking lot behind building. But my son used Car Play and it directed him to front of building (which is the actual street address for Meow Wolf) that only had drop off area for taxi and Ubers. Son called and asked us where the heck he was supposed to park and we directed him around back to parking lot. So, Apple Car Play isn’t infallible.

By the way, if you have a 3-12 year old kid/grand kid, they will love Meow Wolf (I think it is in multiple cities.)
 
Great review of the experience. The Gravity may be mature enough now that I can be more aggressive in convincing my wife to trade in her Rivian R1S for a Gravity GT.
This vehicle is for my wife - I have been a happy Air owner since early ‘23. She is beyond thrilled with the car.
 
You don’t live in Queen Anne do you? My friend there who has a Subaru and Volvo XC40 lives across the street from a Lucid owner. It’s funny I have DE 145, got it about little more than 3 weeks ago. Is yours Black Tahoe range wheels also?
Nope, I’m in Sunset Hill - new vehicle (my wife’s) is Aurora Green + Tahoe.
 
Actually, last weekend the family went to Meow Wolf here in Houston and took seperate cars. Wife and I used Google Maps which directed us to parking lot behind building. But my son used Car Play and it directed him to front of building (which is the actual street address for Meow Wolf) that only had drop off area for taxi and Ubers. Son called and asked us where the heck he was supposed to park and we directed him around back to parking lot. So, Apple Car Play isn’t infallible.

By the way, if you have a 3-12 year old kid/grand kid, they will love Meow Wolf (I think it is in multiple cities.)
Yeah one time Apple Maps in NYC actually sent me into the Lincoln tunnel when I was trying to get on the west side Highway, that sucked as it was a pretty expensive half hour detour to New Jersey. 😳
 
Agree. Driving my $100,000+ car with my phone using Waze on arm rest is…embarrassing. But I tried the car nav for two weeks and after circuitous routes and ending up close, but not actually AT my target address was too frustrating.

I know it’s great for others, but it’s horrendous in mid Atlantic. Like, laughably bad.
I have found the maps to be pretty accurate for the immediate DC area/first ring suburbs. As accurate as Google maps. I don't use Waze, so maybe that is the difference. And it doesn't mean I won't switch to CarPlay as soon as it is available.
 
Deviating from the delivery thread, it will be interesting once Uber deploy Gravity taxi.
Imagine getting dropped off at the wrong location at your arrival destination
 
I have found the maps to be pretty accurate for the immediate DC area/first ring suburbs. As accurate as Google maps. I don't use Waze, so maybe that is the difference. And it doesn't mean I won't switch to CarPlay as soon as it is available.
I think the maps ARE generally accurate, the navigation is not (for me). It doesn’t seem to ever calculate or take into account traffic, for example. But I also don’t use Apple Maps or Google Maps. Only Waze for driving. I know Google owns Waze, but they’re different apps and appear to have different ways of navigating.

Every time I try to return to trusting the car’s nav, it takes me some whack a— route that adds appreciable time or gets me stuck near, but not at, my destination. Who knows…who is John Galt?
 
Yeah one time Apple Maps in NYC actually sent me into the Lincoln tunnel when I was trying to get on the west side Highway, that sucked as it was a pretty expensive half hour detour to New Jersey. 😳
Google did that to me once, but it was like 2011. That *particular* mistake sucks so bad because it’s one way and there is no other outlet; especially if there’s any traffic.
 
Google did that to me once, but it was like 2011. That *particular* mistake sucks so bad because it’s one way and there is no other outlet; especially if there’s any traffic.
Yeah I bet you know the exact spot it happened. It told me to follow traffic left even though I thought I should straight as the UPS headquarters is on the right and I remembered that area, but I decided well maybe there’s some traffic or closed road so I’ll just trust the GPS. Nope! Had to turn around on Weehawken.
 
Took delivery of my Gravity GTtoday(quantum gray, 20/21, fully loaded) - ordered 11/7/24, went into production mid September, final PDI last 2 weeks . Had an issue with HUD where there is a line in it that will need to be looked into. Saw the blue oval when sitting way down,but adjusted so not an issue. 2nd row likely needs an adjustment as it was difficult to fold flat. Overall, car is great! Really impressed so far. Look forward to CarPlay and mobile key.
 
Yeah one time Apple Maps in NYC actually sent me into the Lincoln tunnel when I was trying to get on the west side Highway, that sucked as it was a pretty expensive half hour detour to New Jersey. 😳
Google once sent me to the 93 tunnel instead of the surface street for for South Station in Boston, and refused to reroute.

Back on topic - I’m gathering the recommended checks for my expected bronze ojai fully loaded delivery mid November. Hopefully no mechanical/electrical issues
 
None of the bugs are terrible, just perplexing, like seat randomly lying down (happened to me once), climate blasting at cold hurricane speed on getting into the car (happens 50% of the time), black screens that last for 15 seconds (happens 25% of the time), and screens not having consistent buttons when you tap on them, like for example I clicked on seat controls but it still showed half of the main screen. Other than that though my car works great and is a pleasure to be in.
My GGT the HVAC system goes into high every time I get in. I toggle it off and on when I get in and everything seems to work fine. It was reported the day after my delivery and they didn’t find anything during my first service appointment. It going back in for the second time tomorrow for this and a growing list of issues. Hopefully this time they will address all the items. I put together a checklist for them. I was one of the first AirGT owners (2 actually), so I expected some issues. Getting stranded 50+ miles from home wasn’t ideal. I love the Gravity GT and I hope they can get all the issues resolved.
 
My GGT the HVAC system goes into high every time I get in. I toggle it off and on when I get in and everything seems to work fine. It was reported the day after my delivery and they didn’t find anything during my first service appointment. It going back in for the second time tomorrow for this and a growing list of issues. Hopefully this time they will address all the items. I put together a checklist for them. I was one of the first AirGT owners (2 actually), so I expected some issues. Getting stranded 50+ miles from home wasn’t ideal. I love the Gravity GT and I hope they can get all the issues resolved.
Yeah these HVAC issues seem fairly common so it must be the usual problem of software failing to talk to the hardware correctly. How did you get stranded? I missed that post.
 
Yeah these HVAC issues seem fairly common so it must be the usual problem of software failing to talk to the hardware correctly. How did you get stranded? I missed that post.
My vehicle wouldn’t go into drive or reverse using the key fob or the key card. Everything else worked. I could unlock, relock, open frunk, truck, etc using the key fob. But got repeated notifications when trying to drive, reverse or put into neutral. The Gravity was eventually towed 50+ miles to Tyson SC and they said they did a software update and also key fob update. Unfortunately the other issues I reported they said they could not reproduce. From my communication with the service team, I don’t think they looked at the logs. They also didn’t fix the items that were found during delivery and were put on the build sheet. Hopefully they will get these fixed when I bring it in next. But haven’t heard a word from them after I sent a summary of all the items to be addressed when I drop it off Monday.
 
Agree. Driving my $100,000+ car with my phone using Waze on arm rest is…embarrassing. But I tried the car nav for two weeks and after circuitous routes and ending up close, but not actually AT my target address was too frustrating.

I know it’s great for others, but it’s horrendous in mid Atlantic. Like, laughably bad.
I just got home after taking my white GGT on a 1200 mile trip with 12 different addresses and it was perfect on all
 
My GGT the HVAC system goes into high every time I get in. I toggle it off and on when I get in and everything seems to work fine. It was reported the day after my delivery and they didn’t find anything during my first service appointment. It going back in for the second time tomorrow for this and a growing list of issues. Hopefully this time they will address all the items. I put together a checklist for them. I was one of the first AirGT owners (2 actually), so I expected some issues. Getting stranded 50+ miles from home wasn’t ideal. I love the Gravity GT and I hope they can get all the issues resolved.
My Air Touring AC does this with some of the updates
 
I'm fine with the gear selector for my GGT being on the right side of the steering wheel.
I just need Toyota to provide an upgrade for my wife's Camry so I don't turn on her windshield wipers when I'm trying to put it in gear.

:p
 
Back
Top