Gravity Delivery Discussion

It was placed in the front passenger seat
That’s what we’re discussing; I think the point was simply that it wasn’t stuck to the window, not that it wasn’t delivered at all.
 
Well it has been somewhat of a roller coaster morning with regard to my GGT order. Checked the “Available Vehicles” list this morning and there was an exact match to my order - green/Tahoe fully loaded. It was located in Atlanta and had a $1500 fee to transfer to Houston. I reserved it anyway and then called my SA. He said he would check in to seeing if he could get the transfer fee waived. Couple hours later he calls and say that since my order was due to go in to production next week, they would not waive the transfer fee. So I could either get car in two weeks for $1500 extra cost or wait 6 weeks (hopefully) and avoid the extra fee. So based on the “pinky promise” from Lucid that car will go in to production next week, I decided to wait. I have been pretty vocal here about my displeasure with Lucid’s order fulfillment process but I am going to give them one final chance to prove themselves.

Who knows. The Atlanta SC may have had a hot buyer interested in this car and Lucid wanted to sell it today to get it on the month end total and so they gave me an empty promise. I hope not.
 
Well it has been somewhat of a roller coaster morning with regard to my GGT order. Checked the “Available Vehicles” list this morning and there was an exact match to my order - green/Tahoe fully loaded. It was located in Atlanta and had a $1500 fee to transfer to Houston. I reserved it anyway and then called my SA. He said he would check in to seeing if he could get the transfer fee waived. Couple hours later he calls and say that since my order was due to go in to production next week, they would not waive the transfer fee. So I could either get car in two weeks for $1500 extra cost or wait 6 weeks (hopefully) and avoid the extra fee. So based on the “pinky promise” from Lucid that car will go in to production next week, I decided to wait. I have been pretty vocal here about my displeasure with Lucid’s order fulfillment process but I am going to give them one final chance to prove themselves.

Who knows. The Atlanta SC may have had a hot buyer interested in this car and Lucid wanted to sell it today to get it on the month end total and so they gave me an empty promise. I hope not.
The advance of getting a car further along in the production process is that they’ve had time to hone the kinks in manufacturing (fit, finish, etc.)
 
My fully loaded black GGT that was ordered on Nov 7 just moved into production today. It is good to see progress. I believe that Lucid is looking at their order fulfillment process to better match production with customer orders. I am very happy to see my order in production but somewhat annoyed to see multiple people who ordered months after me get delivery and production ahead of my order. I am sure this annoyance will go away once I take delivery.
 
My fully loaded black GGT that was ordered on Nov 7 just moved into production today. It is good to see progress. I believe that Lucid is looking at their order fulfillment process to better match production with customer orders. I am very happy to see my order in production but somewhat annoyed to see multiple people who ordered months after me get delivery and production ahead of my order. I am sure this annoyance will go away once I take delivery.
Lucky you. Mine got pushed back to 11/12 from 10/28, so hopefully it'll actually start in 2 weeks.
 
My fully loaded black GGT that was ordered on Nov 7 just moved into production today. It is good to see progress. I believe that Lucid is looking at their order fulfillment process to better match production with customer orders. I am very happy to see my order in production but somewhat annoyed to see multiple people who ordered months after me get delivery and production ahead of my order. I am sure this annoyance will go away once I take delivery.
Odd; I would have thought they will prioritize your order lol 😆
 
Odd; I would have thought they will prioritize your order lol 😆
They did, they just waited for all the software bugs to be sorted and put me first after that.
 
The advance of getting a car further along in the production process is that they’ve had time to hone the kinks in manufacturing (fit, finish, etc.)
I thought the same as well as waiting an extra couple weeks might give chance for lease rates to drop a little in response to recent fed rate cut. Of course if this promise of production by next week slips and delivery slips to 2026 and I miss the EV lease credit, don’t expect me to be singing Lucid’s praises come December.

Of course this whole situation brings back the discussion of how this happens in the first place. The common excuse is that this Gravity was probably a canceled order. You would think that someone would confirm with the order holder before shipping to an SC from factory. If the order holder then backed out, they could check order list for next person on list with that spec and ship to them instead.

I hope Adnillien is correct and Lucid is finally giving their order holders a higher priority vs the past process of random build and ship without checking.
 
They did, they just waited for all the software bugs to be sorted and put me first after that.
If they wait for ALL the software bugs to be sorted, you won’t get your Gravity for another year or two. Better to just settle for MOST of the SIGNIFICANT bugs to be sorted.
 
I thought the same as well as waiting an extra couple weeks might give chance for lease rates to drop a little in response to recent fed rate cut. Of course if this promise of production by next week slips and delivery slips to 2026 and I miss the EV lease credit, don’t expect me to be singing Lucid’s praises come December.

Of course this whole situation brings back the discussion of how this happens in the first place. The common excuse is that this Gravity was probably a canceled order. You would think that someone would confirm with the order holder before shipping to an SC from factory. If the order holder then backed out, they could check order list for next person on list with that spec and ship to them instead.

I hope Adnillien is correct and Lucid is finally giving their order holders a higher priority vs the past process of random build and ship without checking.
You don’t have to pay until right before delivery. So someone could say “yes, I am buying it” and decide to walk away in the weeks it takes to actually ship it…so asking prior to shipping isn’t a huge help. I get the impression they do that anyway based on our delaying delivery of our second GGT.
 
You don’t have to pay until right before delivery. So someone could say “yes, I am buying it” and decide to walk away in the weeks it takes to actually ship it…so asking prior to shipping isn’t a huge help. I get the impression they do that anyway based on our delaying delivery of our second GGT.
Except if you cancel after car is in production you loose your $1000 deposit. I highly doubt there are that many order holders ignoring this whole process and then at the last minute going “you know, I changed my mind, you can keep my deposit”
 
My dashboard changed to "in production" today. My order timeline is:
  • I placed my original order on 3/24/25.
  • Modified my config (changed to Tahoe leather, upgrade to SS Pro) on 7/14/25.
  • On 9/4/25 received an email from my SA informing me that a batch number is assigned.
  • Inquired on 10/6/25, and was told my build was "anticipated" to go into production on 10/19/25.
  • Was told on 10/18/25 that the estimated production date changed to 10/28/25.
  • Dashboard changed to "in production" on 10/31/25.
My config is GT, white/stealth, 5 seats, 20/21 wheels, Tahoe leather, fully loaded on the options.

All in all, I'm pretty happy to have my vehicle being built in November. I don't really know what the Lucid factory is like during the end-of-quarter push, or even if the cadence changes for them at end of quarter. But I'm happy to have a build that isn't occurring during the end-of-quarter madness.
 
My dashboard changed to "in production" today. My order timeline is:
  • I placed my original order on 3/24/25.
  • Modified my config (changed to Tahoe leather, upgrade to SS Pro) on 7/14/25.
  • On 9/4/25 received an email from my SA informing me that a batch number is assigned.
  • Inquired on 10/6/25, and was told my build was "anticipated" to go into production on 10/19/25.
  • Was told on 10/18/25 that the estimated production date changed to 10/28/25.
  • Dashboard changed to "in production" on 10/31/25.
My config is GT, white/stealth, 5 seats, 20/21 wheels, Tahoe leather, fully loaded on the options.

All in all, I'm pretty happy to have my vehicle being built in November. I don't really know what the Lucid factory is like during the end-of-quarter push, or even if the cadence changes for them at end of quarter. But I'm happy to have a build that isn't occurring during the end-of-quarter madness.
Reading your post made me check my dashboard and I saw mine just changed to In Production as well :)
AG/Stealth/Tahoe/7 seats/All packages sans Tow
 
We took delivery of DE #156 today at the Seattle SC. Both the vehicle and the delivery experience were superb. The Seattle team and our SA Michael all did excellent jobs to make it a great experience.

The vehicle was already updated to 3.3.5, we got 2 fobs, cards & frunk seat, cables, etc., and the vehicle was spotless and flawless.

The SC was filled with more Gravities than Airs; it sounds like Seattle is pretty excited about Gravity.
 
We took delivery of DE #156 today at the Seattle SC. Both the vehicle and the delivery experience were superb. The Seattle team and our SA Michael all did excellent jobs to make it a great experience.

The vehicle was already updated to 3.3.5, we got 2 fobs, cards & frunk seat, cables, etc., and the vehicle was spotless and flawless.

The SC was filled with more Gravities than Airs; it sounds like Seattle is pretty excited about Gravity.
You don’t live in Queen Anne do you? My friend there who has a Subaru and Volvo XC40 lives across the street from a Lucid owner. It’s funny I have DE 145, got it about little more than 3 weeks ago. Is yours Black Tahoe range wheels also?
 
Last edited:
We took delivery of DE #156 today at the Seattle SC. Both the vehicle and the delivery experience were superb. The Seattle team and our SA Michael all did excellent jobs to make it a great experience.

The vehicle was already updated to 3.3.5, we got 2 fobs, cards & frunk seat, cables, etc., and the vehicle was spotless and flawless.

The SC was filled with more Gravities than Airs; it sounds like Seattle is pretty excited about Gravity.
Great review of the experience. The Gravity may be mature enough now that I can be more aggressive in convincing my wife to trade in her Rivian R1S for a Gravity GT.
 
Great review of the experience. The Gravity may be mature enough now that I can be more aggressive in convincing my wife to trade in her Rivian R1S for a Gravity GT.
If she doesn’t like bugs, I’d wait…my delivery experience was 3 months ago and was amazing. The bugs? Not so much. My wife continues to refuse to get rid of her X because of the bugs she sees in my Gravity. It’s gotten much better, but still annoying.
 
Back
Top